What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Buffs Football hype thread

I mean, you don’t read the game threads. You skim them!
LOL no I know what you meant, sorry I was on my phone. I meant yeah I skim and saw Stafa. I edited above. I probably just don’t remember since I tried to forget the last 7 games of the season

I too do not remember him being called Moose. I would remember, as that is the name of my cat as well as a running theme with me.

Man, I am not feeling the hype for next season. My pessimism is telling me that we will not be in the postseason again. I think I have CUPTSD.
Last season was such a let down. I didn’t enjoy going. My New Hampshire tickets went unused. I couldn’t give them away. The only reason I renewed is because of the schedule and that I want to see what Tucker will do.

Adam has a great new interview here with Drew Wilson on the changes to strength and conditioning that has me hyped. Looks like it's free if you non-subscribers want to check it out.

I think the things Coach Tucker wants to bring up front in terms of bigger lines, toughness, resiliency, running the ball... those are things I would love to associate myself with and just be apart of.

Insert annual fluff piece on strides made in S &C. Rinse and Repeat.
So you liked it too, huh?

The reason I found it interesting is that we have invested more in S&C this year. Our S&C routines are changing with the hire of Luke Day. There’s a new focus on size in the trenches, and a later spring practice schedule gives us more time to beef up our lines:
We have nine weeks instead of in the past when we had five-and-a-half. You are able to stay longer in what we call a mass building cycle.
The quote in my last post also reaffirms to me that Drew Wilson was directed to keep the lines light under FHCMM, despite his preference to bulk them up.

As always, the offseason S&C stuff is a giant dose of kool-aid. But there's also some interesting stuff in here about how things are different than they were under FHCMM. The 2 big things, I thought:
1. Team runs instead of doing running around individual class schedules.
2. Later start to spring ball allows a 9-week cycle with more mass building as compared to the 5 1/2 week cycle we had before.
Looking forward to reading Part III.

Struggle with the notion that USC and UW are at the same odds
I would also say having Memphis, Boise, Cincy, Houston and App State with equal or higher odds than a lot of P5 programs is fairly ridiculous, considering we've seen a G5 program go two straight seasons of undefeated regular seasons and and not really come close to even getting into the CFP, let along an FCS program like App State.

I would also say having Memphis, Boise, Cincy, Houston and App State with equal or higher odds than a lot of P5 programs is fairly ridiculous, considering we've seen a G5 program go two straight seasons of undefeated regular seasons and and not really come close to even getting into the CFP, let along an FCS program like App State.
App has been FBS for like 5 years.

Back