What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Class - Positional needs & fills

It seems at this point that most of the commits are being honored. With so little time left I’m guessing trying to keep most of this class together, hopefully winning back a few decommits and adding a few final pieces is the plan. It’s not a horrible class, but boy do we need some studs in the trenches.

In the midst of coaching turmoil and a disappointing season I can understand recruits decommiting, but, (and it might be the buff colored glasses) if I am a recruit, especially on the Defensive side and certainly a DB, I am thinking this coaching hire just increased my chances of being at a school that will help me develop and prepare for the NFL. . . and, it's not like MM was lacking in DB development translating to the NFL, HCMT is elite however.

It seems at this point that most of the commits are being honored. With so little time left I’m guessing trying to keep most of this class together, hopefully winning back a few decommits and adding a few final pieces is the plan. It’s not a horrible class, but boy do we need some studs in the trenches.
Seems to me that some recruits aren't being recruited too hard to be kept. Thinning out the huge numbers we had in this DB class.

In the midst of coaching turmoil and a disappointing season I can understand recruits decommiting, but, (and it might be the buff colored glasses) if I am a recruit, especially on the Defensive side and certainly a DB, I am thinking this coaching hire just increased my chances of being at a school that will help me develop and prepare for the NFL. . . and, it's not like MM was lacking in DB development translating to the NFL, HCMT is elite however.
This may be true but you have to imagine all of the other coaches at other programs working long standing relationships and recruiting is so much about relationships.

It's an uphill battle for HCMT and his staff. Hopefully they can reach out and firm up some decommits. HCMT has shown he can do it as a coordinator. It's time to show up and prove that he can do it as the head of a program.

Seems to me that some recruits aren't being recruited too hard to be kept. Thinning out the huge numbers we had in this DB class.

Maybe, but wasn’t the general consensus that this was a very good DB class? Maybe the best at CU in some time.

Maybe, but wasn’t the general consensus that this was a very good DB class? Maybe the best at CU in some time.
Was it? My impression was that there are some guys we liked but we didn't agree who those guys were. So the general consensus was "trust MM's talent evaluations because the ones who make it - whichever they end up being - out of this group are probably going to be great".

That said, as a DB coach, Tucker should be pretty happy with the talent and depth he's inheriting in the secondary. They did not perform to their talent level this season.

Back