What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread

I just read that Mike Krzyzewski make a skosh under $9MM/year. I have no doubt that from Duke U's POV, that cost is commensurate with his value, but hell -- that's a lot of money.

I just read that Mike Krzyzewski make a skosh under $9MM/year. I have no doubt that from Duke U's POV, that cost is commensurate with his value, but hell -- that's a lot of money.
He’s worth 3 times that. But I think they also employ family members, so he’s getting close to market value I guess.

Go Hokies!! Make this a perfect evening.

WTF is a "hokie" anyway?
meaningless term. a guy in the Corp of Cadets was writing the fight song, and was trying to come up with a line that had the right rhyme and meter, and ended up with:

Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi!
Tech Tech VPI!

whenever I provide this explanation, I feel compelled to remind the audience that we are not a liberal arts school.
military, engineering, agriculture, football is what we're about.
you want a good song and dance in the ACC, check out UVA, UNC or Miami

Last edited:
the announcers referred to a Duke player doing a "chicken wing". I know what that is in wrestling, but no idea that means in basketball. can anyone clue me in?

the announcers referred to a Duke player doing a "chicken wing". I know what that is in wrestling, but no idea that means in basketball. can anyone clue me in?
It's when you kinda hook with the crook of your arm when your hand is on your hip or at mid torso level. Think of doing the chicken dance but trying to hook and move someone behind you with your elbow.

It's when you kinda hook with the crook of your arm when your hand is on your hip or at mid torso level. Think of doing the chicken dance but trying to hook and move someone behind you with your elbow.
Thx. For what reason, or in what situation, is this done? Missed the play when they called it.

Okay ... that's weird. And kind of disturbing. :confused:
I don't know why, but I find the title graphic at the beginning amusing. Somebody put some thought into that. The font, font size, positioning, color...perfect actually.

I'd like to see more of this person's work.

He just grabbed the back of the dude's head to get around him, lol.

Pretty sure that's against the rules.

Edit: They didn't call that? WTF were they reviewing?

Back