What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Pac-12 Tourney

I'm nervous because at times, we look super tentative vs the zone and UW runs it better than anyone ... hell, Mike Hopkins made it fashionable again.

Kin, Schwartz, Kountz and Gatling must aggressively penetrate and kick out or pull up for the mid range jumper (which we almost never do, dammit). And of course, Bey's gotta get right. We need all cylinders firing.

Our perimeter D and rebounding should keep us in it. Today, Strating stepped into the breach. Can Siewert finally contribute?

I'm so mad I'm the old kind of 35 and not in vegas right now.

Anyone got a link to the press conferences of tad and the players?

Kim English said a key will be to rebound off the miss and get up the court before Washington can set up their zone and also making their big guy run the length of the court. Easy peasy.

What's wonderful about the Buffs in the tourney thus far is how they are winning without getting a ton of points in the paint like they were in the last few games of the regular season. They've found a way to win regardless. It seems that in both tourney games the opposition has been double (or more) teaming when the ball gets to Bey or Battey in the low post. Still, defense and rebounding, and today three point shooting, have kept them going.

How about Strating? He really answered the bell offensively today. His only basket in the second half was huge - loved how he took OSU's big man to the basket and scored.

One UW Husky player is one steal away from tying Gary Payton's PAC steals record. CU needs to reduce turnovers if they are to beat UW.

If Oregon beats Utah, I think the final 4 teams are the 4 best teams this season.

Reactions: '99
Tad explained that Bey stayed in the bench just in case the game went to OT. He didn’t want to lose both him and Battey for OT if that were to happen.

Buying or selling?

Agreed. I think Tyler has gotten a little caught up in the moment. Frankly, I wonder what his play would look like if this tournament was not in Vegas. He looks distracted and unfocused TBH.

I think we are being pretty hard on Tyler. He's certainly pressing and having some balls go off his hands that historically haven't, but I don't believe he is more focused on publicity than wanting the team to win – the offensive fouls seem indicative of that

Lucas made some stellar passes yesterday, but I'm hoping to see him hit an early 3 tonight to get the mojo back, a little bummed with the coaching staff for not helping to right this recent slump

I think we are being pretty hard on Tyler. He's certainly pressing and having some balls go off his hands that historically haven't, but I don't believe he is more focused on publicity than wanting the team to win – the offensive fouls seem indicative of that

Lucas made some stellar passes yesterday, but I'm hoping to see him hit an early 3 tonight to get the mojo back, a little bummed with the coaching staff for not helping to right this recent slump
I'm not feeling that it was implied that Tyler was focused on publicity, but that he was just named first-team AC, playing in his home town, can put some pressure on guys. Tad will want to attack the zone inside out, so there is a need for Tyler to do some things offensively, but he needs to let it come to him. He's pressing.

Lucas has zero shot right now. He's lucky to clank rim. It's in his head, and there's no easy fix I'm afraid.

big Qs:
1. will the ref's give the Buffs a fair shot, or are we still the "newcomers" up against an old favorite.
2. Can TB and TB have a heart-to-heart that ends up with TB2 having an all-league game.
3. will Stratling have to fill in again and can he shine again
Pretty exciting.

Back