What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019: Recruiting News, Notes & Visitors

Another thing which jumps out: the tiers of 3* players matters. Mid to high 3* players are almost twice as likely to be drafted as low 3* players. Pretty significant difference.
P5 to G5 gap on 3* was significant also- almost 2x more likely in all sub groups.

Hanging Lake is pretty awesome, but it's become a complete nightmare with the amount of people now days. I've been up there 4-5 times in the last few years and it seems to get worse every time.
Seems like it's getting that way anywhere you go. Fishing at Lime Creek since I was about 5, I never used to see anybody fishing up there. There is a nice trail people would do some hiking on but that's about it. The last time I fished up there, it's been a bit, I wasn't having any luck at all which is pretty rare. You could see fish all over the damn place but they were spooked. I went back up to the trail and walked up a bit, sure enough, there was a bunch of kids and a man about 100 yards in front of me. The man was the only one fishing. I could have been a dick and walked up past them a ways but I just split and hit up another part of it down below the highway since I hadn't fished down there in awhile.

247 (https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Malcolm-Lee-115091/RecruitInterests/) doesn't show a Buff offer, but per the below tweet and article they have offered at some point 2019 J.C. (Iowa Western C.C.) 6-foot-5, 260-pound WDE Malcolm Lee. (His dad went to the school the Buffs earned their 2nd win against this season.)

An article on him - https://www.omaha.com/sports/midlan...cle_63303af2-4718-5a8b-bfe0-509ae862a17a.html

He is a big boy! Sounds like he is waiting for a Nebraska offer, would love to see Nebraska crap the bed and miss out on this kid.

Nothing earth shattering, but Reddit had an AMA with an (anonymous) Top 50 recruit today. He gave some reasons why he dropped some schools:

Colorado-Thought 2016 season was an outlier
UCLA- Wasn't interested in a rebuild
Nebraska- Same as UCLA

Nothing earth shattering, but Reddit had an AMA with an (anonymous) Top 50 recruit today. He gave some reasons why he dropped some schools:

Nebraska- Same as UCLA
He's not wrong.

Nebraska- Same as UCLA
Who do you think that could be?

Nebraska- Same as UCLA
I'll bet the Oregon coaches fed him that line. Not hard to deduce this one.

Please share for us slow ones.
I mean he was really adamant about not wanting his identity known. But he made it pretty obvious that he was a certain DB committed to Oregon unless he intentionally misdirected people (also one of the few top 50 players we offered). It's a shame because here's a guy who didn't go to the local school because they seemed to simply expect them to go there (typical USC), he talks about wanting to go somewhere that isn't just football all the time (even avoiding it as much as possible), wants to be able to enjoy the outdoors (he said non-football factors were huge, specifically), cares about academics etc. I believe we got him to visit, just seems like in a perfect world, that's the sort of battle we should be winning.

Last edited:
I mean he was really adamant about not wanting his identity known. But he made it pretty obvious that he was a certain DB committed to Oregon unless he intentionally misdirected people (also one of the few top 50 players we offered). It's a shame because here's a guy who didn't go to the local school because they seemed to simply expect them to go there (typical USC), he talks about wanting to go somewhere that isn't just football all the time (even avoiding it as much as possible), wants to be able to enjoy the outdoors (he said non-football factors were huge, specifically), cares about academics etc. I believe we got him to visit, Just seems like in a perfect world, that's the sort of battle we should be winning rather than losing to cheap tactics by Leavitt and Williams.
Closing isn't Mac's strong suit...

Back