What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always enjoy reading the Ramblings Board before the Rocky Mountain Showdown. It's a site filled with grandiose delusions and wild imaginations. I do get a bit nervous when numerous CSU fans are convinced they are going to beat us this year. I wanted to see if anyone else feels 50/50 about the game this year, or are they just blowing smoke.

I always enjoy reading the Ramblings Board before the Rocky Mountain Showdown. It's a site filled with grandiose delusions and wild imaginations. I do get a bit nervous when numerous CSU fans are convinced they are going to beat us this year. I wanted to see if anyone else feels 50/50 about the game this year, or are they just blowing smoke.

I know that nervousness and I am not feeling much of it at all this year. It has been a long time since I felt this certain of a win over CSU.

I have a church conference that will conflict with this game but I'm not upset at all because I believe 100% that CU is going to win this year's game.

Touchdown Jesus disapproves.
images

Slider spends the majority of the last 6 years trashing the coaching staff and results at CU (rightfully so in some respects) and now predicts a worse season than MM’s last three, and then goes against conventional wisdom and believes CSU is a bowl team. Doesn’t his brother go to CSU? Are we sure Slider is actually a CU fan?

Slider spends the majority of the last 6 years trashing the coaching staff and results at CU (rightfully so in some respects) and now predicts a worse season than MM’s last three, and then goes against conventional wisdom and believes CSU is a bowl team. Doesn’t his brother go to CSU? Are we sure Slider is actually a CU fan?
Not a big deal if he is down on CU this year, that is understandable especially for a first year head coach. But CSU is going to blow. They lost their only good players from last year and have a ****ty coaching staff.

Poor roster and difficult schedule. Not sure why some are so confident.

MWC is poor. We'll beat them by 14+ but squeaking out a bowl game in that conference wont be difficult

MWC is poor. We'll beat them by 14+ but squeaking out a bowl game in that conference wont be difficult
I think some are optimistic for CU because after the top 3 or 4 teams in the PAC, everything is up for grabs because everyone is about equal sans Oregon St. A few good breaks and we're at the top of that tier and around 7-5 flip side some bad breaks and we're 4-8. I think anything in that range is realistic.

I think AFA is too low-I'd flip them with USU because Troy Calhoun has been there forever and he's a better football coach than Gary Anderson is. I think the Air Force game is going to be as close as the Nub game will be......but CSU feels like 42-14 at least even with a nervous first quarter. They're bad, and I think they're going to fire Bobo after this year.

I think AFA is too low-I'd flip them with USU because Troy Calhoun has been there forever and he's a better football coach than Gary Anderson is. I think the Air Force game is going to be as close as the Nub game will be.
That conference had a good year last year. I think that fall back to earth a bit this year.

I think AFA is too low-I'd flip them with USU because Troy Calhoun has been there forever and he's a better football coach than Gary Anderson is. I think the Air Force game is going to be as close as the Nub game will be......but CSU feels like 42-14 at least even with a nervous first quarter. They're bad, and I think they're going to fire Bobo after this year.
NOOOOOOOO.....he needs to be their JoePa.

NOOOOOOOO.....he needs to be their JoePa.

I don't care and I think we spend way too much time talking about what happens with them-Saban could take that job and he'd still take 2-3 years to correct the talent discrepancy between the two of us. There's also the fact that we see them twice only between 2021-2030......

CU has sucked donkey balls on the road since joining the P12 except the 2016 season and yet CU beat Nebraska in Lincoln. Nebraska is still experiencing attrition from the coaching change plus Mike Riley didn't leave Mr. Frosty with much (just look at Gary Andersen and OSU after Riley left Corvallis for reference). The Huskers should be on their way back but Husker fans need to give Mr. Frosty another year to get his roster in place. They should be much more formidable when the series gets renewed in 2023 assuming Mr. Frosty gets a contract extension.

CU should start 3-0 no questions asked and should be at least 4-1 before the Oregon game. CU is also in much better shape with this coaching change than when entering the Pac-12 and when MacIntyre took over in 2013.

We have a good roster but the depth isn't there in some areas so we need good luck in the injury department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back