What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 WBB Recruit Profile Index

From what I saw on Twitter last spring, the staff was at either a state tournament game or a game to get to the state tourney.

From what I hear there will be several official visits between now and 8/12 when the team leaves for Italy. Don't know who else.

From what I hear there will be several official visits between now and 8/12 when the team leaves for Italy. Don't know who else.
Makes sense that the staff wants official visits early and when the entire team is practicing in preparation for the Italy trip. Get the top prospects in early and make a good impression before they travel to other campuses. And they can see some of their future teammates in action in a regular practice session.

I hope there will be some open practices prior to the Italy trip.

Makes sense that the staff wants official visits early and when the entire team is practicing in preparation for the Italy trip. Get the top prospects in early and make a good impression before they travel to other campuses. And they can see some of their future teammates in action in a regular practice session.

I hope there will be some open practices prior to the Italy trip.
JR seems to be very open to having visitors at practices. Why not contact Jill Mahony and see what you can arrange?

I figured OU was her top pick, but it didn't stop me from hoping she could be wooed to Colorado.

With women's basketball recruiting info doesn't seem to be easy to find. So this commit was a bit out of the blue. According to Max Preps she averaged around 9 points a game the last couple of seasons. Sounds like she really took off during the summer camp circuit. Wonder what other offers she had?

Couldn't any more info on her beyond what AztecBuff has.

With women's basketball recruiting info doesn't seem to be easy to find. So this commit was a bit out of the blue. According to Max Preps she averaged around 9 points a game the last couple of seasons. Sounds like she really took off during the summer camp circuit. Wonder what other offers she had?

Couldn't any more info on her beyond what AztecBuff has.
I had trouble finding much of anything. Looks like her school is kind of a powerhouse and that she's got some length. Also, that she does most of her work around the basket.

Wonder if Smith had an injury her junior year as Maxpreps has her playing 11 games her junior year, 21games her sophomore year and 26 games her freshmen year.

Looks like there may be a new 2019 WBB commit in 5'8" PG/SG Jaylyn Sherrod, who currently attends Ramsey HS in Birmingham Alabama. (If someone else doesn't, I'll start a separate thread for her at some point when I get more info.)

Welcome and congrats to her!

Last edited:
Looks like there may be a new 2019 WBB commit in 5'8" PG/SG Jaylyn Sherrod, who currently attends Ramsey HS in Birmingham Alabama. (I'll start a separate thread for her in a few minutes.)

Welcome and congrats to her!

Not finding a lot of written info on Sherrod. She has honorable mention all-state last season. Her hilights show her to be very athletic and fearless in going to the basket. Would like to know who else was recruiting her.

From what I have heard, Jaylyn was the coaching staff's top choice for a PG recruit for 2019. I'm seeing a lot of Kennedy Leonard-esque play in those drives to the hoop. Works for me!
Thanks for the inside information, BeBe. Her highlights look wonderful, looks like she's flying under the radar. I wonder who else had offered her?

Some of her highlights remind me of Cam Swartz in terms of getting to the basket and finishing.

Now, if let's hope that the coaching staff can land their top post prospect.

It seems the will be more than two players signed in this class.

With the addition of Sherrod the Buffs will have four players in competition for the point guard spot next season with the graduation of Kennedy Leonard -

• SR Quinessa Caylao-Do
* JR Peyton Carter
• SO Lesila Finau
• FR Jaylyn Sherrod

Also looks like the coaching staff is going to sign more than two players in the class of "19.

With the addition of Sherrod the Buffs will have four players in competition for the point guard spot next season with the graduation of Kennedy Leonard -

• SR Quinessa Caylao-Do
* JR Peyton Carter
• SO Lesila Finau
• FR Jaylyn Sherrod

Also looks like the coaching staff is going to sign more than two players in the class of "19.
Q is not a PG.

Technically, I suppose so. She was recruited as a combo guard and I believe has run the point occasionally. Next season she might be in the mix to get time at the point, so I put her on the list.
Has not, will not and can not

Looks like she decided to stay close to home

Wish some of the top Colorado girls would want to stay closer to home.

Wish some of the top Colorado girls would want to stay closer to home.

Me too. It seems that this staff has offered a good number of in-state players, but has only gotten Peyton Carter. And to be honest, she wasn't recruited by other P5 schools. They have offered a top in-state prospect in the class of '20, perhaps she will be the one that gets a trend starting. Although there aren't tons of high level prospects in Colorado, it seems that in about every class there is at least one that is P5 quality.

Now, I am hoping that there will be a top flight post signed in the class of '19. That would make a big difference to the program. To me top flight means a post that can score in the low post as a freshman as well as be a solid defender and rebounder.

Looks like the Buffs are recruiting Angel Jackson, 6-4 post from Richmond, CA and Salesian Prep. Can't find the old tweet, but the staff was visiting with her back in February. She's the #50 overall prospect and #11 post in Prospects Nation class of '19 rankings.
Drat.

Back