What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 WBB Recruit Profile Index

2017-18 highlight video
Saw the highlights earlier when I was searching for info on her. The one thing that caught my eye is her ability to score around the basket with both hands. It almost looks as if she is ambidextrous.

Hard to get a read on how good she is with the film of HS games rather than club. Looks like he was injured her sophomore season in HS.

With three commitments, I wonder if the Buffs are going to be looking to sign anyone more in November, or if they are going to hold the remaining scholarships? They've got verbals from a wing, post and point. They in theory could sign up to two more in this recruiting cycle (I can't remember what the deal is with Peyton Carter's scholarship which changes the numbers).

If I remember correctly (meaning I could be totally wrong), Peyton Carter's agreement was a scholarship for her freshman and senior years. She got one this year since all the scholarships were not being used.

As I said, I could be totally wrong on that.

If I remember correctly (meaning I could be totally wrong), Peyton Carter's agreement was a scholarship for her freshman and senior years. She got one this year since all the scholarships were not being used.

As I said, I could be totally wrong on that.
That's also how I remember it. So that means the two of us could be totally wrong.

Payne, Buffs Add Four for 2019-20

https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/11/13/womens-basketball-payne-buffs-add-four-for-2019-20.aspx

BOULDER—Colorado women's basketball head coach JR Payne announced the addition of four student-athletes as part of the 2019 recruiting class on Wednesday.

The Buffaloes welcome the addition of Jaylyn Sherrod, Raanee Smith, Maura Singer and Charlotte Whittaker.

"We are beyond excited to announce these four young ladies who will be joining our Buffaloes family today," Payne said. "All four players are outstanding students, tremendous basketball players and wonderful young women. They embody everything that is great in college athletics. I am proud that they chose CU and am excited for the impact they will have on our Colorado community."

Sherrod, a 5-foot-7 guard from Birmingham, Ala., totaled 11.0 points, 4.0 assists and 3.8 steals per game in her junior season at Ramsay H.S. She helped the Rams to both the area and regional championships, recording a 25-5 record. A three-time letterman, Sherrod was the Rams' Defensive Player of the Year in 2018 along with being first-team All-Birmingham. She is also a two-time All-Area Team selection.

Sherrod is a three-star recruit according to ESPN.com. She is noted for her quickness and court-awareness, as well as her ability to pressure the ball on defense.

She comes to Boulder with an excellent academic history. Sherrod is a three-time honor roll student, boasting a GPA over 4.0. She is also a member National Honor Society and Mu Alpha Theta, a mathematics honor society.

"Jay is one of the most athletic players we have ever recruited," Payne noted. "She brings a level of toughness, grit and determination that every coach loves to have on their team. This young lady loves the game of basketball and will be fun to watch."

Smith, a 6-foot-2 guard/forward hybrid from Philadelphia, Pa. She averaged 9.6 points and 9.4 rebounds per game last season at Friends' Central School. Smith is a two-time All-Mainline honorable mention to match her two All-Friends League first team honorable mention honors.

ESPN.com ranks her as a three-star recruit. She is applauded for her ability to compete on the glass. Smith also earned two track & field letters, qualifying for the State Championship in the triple jump.

"Raanee is a terrific young lady with a huge upside," Payne commented. "She can rebound the basketball, has a great motor and will add a long, athletic and versatile defender to our roster."

Singer, a 6-foot-4 center, is a native of Littleton, Colo. She scored 9.5 points and snagged 10.1 rebounds per game last season at Columbine H.S. Singer burst onto the high school scene as a freshman. Singer led 5A in blocks per game (4.0), earning honorable mention All-State. She improved to first-team All-State her junior year, helping the Rebels reach the Sweet 16 in the state playoffs.

Singer also earned two letters in lacrosse, playing her freshman and sophomore year. ESPN.com grades her as a three-star recruit.

"Maura is one of the best players in the state of Colorado and we are thrilled she is a Buff," Payne exclaimed. "She can run the floor, rebound the ball and is a great finisher around the basket."

Whittaker, a 6-foot-4 forward from Cust, New Zealand, averaged 13.8 points and 5.0 rebounds for New Zealand at the U18 Women's Asian Championships. She totaled 23 points in the Tall Ferns opening loss to Japan. Whittaker is averaging 11.3 points and 4.9 rebounds per game in her international career. She averaged 32 points and 14 rebounds per game while attending St. Andrews College. She was the MVP of the Canterbury Competition, as well as the South Island High School Competition in 2018. She also played volleyball and netball.

Whittaker has also excelled academically. She is a two-time recipient of the Excellence Endorsement from the National Certificate of Educational Achievement

"Charlotte is versatility at its finest and she has tremendous potential," Payne described. "At 6-foot4, Charlotte has great size in the post but can also pass and shoot like a guard. She will be a matchup nightmare for opponents."

Colorado opened the 2018-19 season with a 77-69 win over Northern Colorado last Tuesday. The Buffs are back on the court later on Wednesday, hosting Colorado State at 7 p.m.

Here's ASGR's national recruiting ranking for the Buffs class of 2019 following the fall signing period:

upload_2019-4-14_21-38-29.png

Wow. I've stood next to Charlotte Whittaker and I can guarantee she is a lot taller than 6 inches tall. Even if we reverse that to 6'0" I'm still not buying it. She's more like 6'4". There is a lot of variability in the women's sports rankings once you get past the top 25 or so. For example, ProspectsNation has Maura Singer at 121. Hopefully the coaches know what they are doing!.

Wow. I've stood next to Charlotte Whittaker and I can guarantee she is a lot taller than 6 inches tall. Even if we reverse that to 6'0" I'm still not buying it. She's more like 6'4".

Looks looks like a typo to me :). Whittaker certainly is at last 6'3".

Hard to find much on her, but looks like she (Zuzia Kulińska) is a 2019 class guard (saw both 5'10" and 6'0" listed for her height) from Poland who has moved to the U.S. at some point to follow her love of basketball, and played at the New York Military Academy (Cornwell, NY) at minimum this past season. From the tweeter, assume her club team is City Rock Girls.
(Edit- of course, sometimes I'm never sure whether the posters of tweets, especially from the East, do mean CU- Boulder when they say Colorado.)

Article from a couple months ago on her - https://www.recordonline.com/collegevarsity/20190209/polish-prodigy-kulinska-is-here-to-play

Where I got that she is in the class of 2019 - https://wbbblog.com/2019/04/01/2019-class-recruiting-news-updates-april-2019/

A few shorter Youtube videos I could find of her -

Last edited:
I've seen several names of 2019 players over the past few months who sounded like they'd be good gets who had CU offers that have committed elsewhere. Time for JR & Co. to step up their recruiting game and get this kid..

I hope Ms Kulinska puts in a lot of practice time this summer on her shooting, particularly on her 3 point shot. Need her to be a reliable outside threat.

Back