What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

It is not only the political leadership in CA. It is OR and WA and let’s be honest, CO that will impact the decision for the PAC 12. I think these 4 states will keep practices from happening until late in the fall. We will see but I think OR has already said not sporting events until October. That cuts into the season dramatically. Maybe start the season late and only play a 9 game conference schedule but it will not accommodate the games like USC vs Alabama or CU vs CSU. I do not see this season going well from a national perspective at all. Would probably be a much better idea to move it to the spring and play an 11 game all in conference schedule.

Polis has already shown he's willing to do what he thinks is best for his state-simply because Colorado is open to an extent right now and the west coast isn't.

Even the SEC is being extremely vague on how the season will look, which means there are still many issues to address.

No one really wants to answer what happens if/when an outbreak occurs on a team.

Isn't the rest of the world waiting to see what happens when a player in the KBO tests positive for COVID?

Polis has already shown he's willing to do what he thinks is best for his state-simply because Colorado is open to an extent right now and the west coast isn't.

So far. We will see what happens ephemeral we see the numbers go back up. We have a lot more in common with with CA, WA, and OR than we do with states East of us

18 pages of people talking about stuff they know nothing about.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

A spring college season makes more and more sense as we go on with this pandemic. Way to much at stake and not enough to go off of for a fall season.

It could work out for football fans to have a fall NFL season with no fans and then a full college season in the spring. You could essentially have 8 or so months of football. That would be awesome.

I’m inclined to agree with Alfred on this one. I see little chance of college football being played this fall and almost zero chance that it happens at CU. How many CU regents have been unsupportive of football, citing player safety concerns surrounding concussions? Do we really think they are going to be liberal in their judgement of when it’s acceptable to put student athletes in harm’s way so that grown men can get back to watching a game?

With all sympathy for CTE sufferers, one does not pass CTE on to your family, neighbors, coworkers, etc. The collateral damage is much worse.

SIAP: Man, the MAC is canceling their post season tournaments in all, or most, of their minor sports for the next 4 years. Like SVP said, “The canary in the coal mine.”

I’m bummed that I probably won’t be able to go to the aTm game. I was looking forward to that.

I’m inclined to agree with Alfred on this one. I see little chance of college football being played this fall and almost zero chance that it happens at CU. How many CU regents have been unsupportive of football, citing player safety concerns surrounding concussions? Do we really think they are going to be liberal in their judgement of when it’s acceptable to put student athletes in harm’s way so that grown men can get back to watching a game?

With all sympathy for CTE sufferers, one does not pass CTE on to your family, neighbors, coworkers, etc. The collateral damage is much worse.
This isn’t a decision based on football. It’s about students on campus and the Regents want students on campus badly. Football is a byproduct of that decision one way or another. California is stupid for definitively making the decision and announcing it this early.

Curious what people think - a missed college football season could seriously alter the entire landscape of college sports, not just money sports. Combined with player compensation, do we see a shift towards minor league football, especially for higher tier recruits?

I don't care who they play. Hell, I'd take a home and home with mines if it was the only way to play games.

Back