What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Here's what that means-a full season of football and a pretty good start to the Karl Dorrell era. I wouldn't want to do it every single year-but given a situation like this, its not a bad idea.
Yeah, if that's what it takes to get a season in, then so be it.

6 wins here we come!!!

Yeah, if that's what it takes to get a season in, then so be it.

6 wins here we come!!!

I think 7-4 or 8-3 if that's the schedule-but agree with you if that's what we need to do. Zero issue whatsoever playing a few more MWC schools to get games this fall.

Curious what people think - a missed college football season could seriously alter the entire landscape of college sports, not just money sports. Combined with player compensation, do we see a shift towards minor league football, especially for higher tier recruits?
CFB has been a minor league for 30 years, w/o the pay. Don't see much difference.

Utah, ASU & Boise are all solid programs that we would likely struggle against. The rest of those schools we *should* beat with our eyes closed. Of course, we lost to two of those schools last year, so I don’t know that we are in a position to be claiming any easy victories against anybody.

That would be fun for us fans for a year, but the ratings for such a conference would be abysmal, lol.

In the raging insomniac window? No. The ratings for the game between us and Boise State would be the highest ever for a football game in that window. :LOL: If playing those 11 plus the A&M game gives us 12 games, sign me up.

Utah, ASU & Boise are all solid programs that we would likely struggle against. The rest of those schools we *should* beat with our eyes closed. Of course, we lost to two of those schools last year, so I don’t know that we are in a position to be claiming any easy victories against anybody.
Ha yeah, ASU, BSU, and Utah are probable losses and UA, and AFA are coin flips at best. Throw in CSU and BYU and that still has the makings of only 6-6

That would be fun for us fans for a year, but the ratings for such a conference would be abysmal, lol.
only if we can go to the games. if it's just watching on TV, then no, I don't think watching CU play New Mexico State on TV would be any more fun than watching CU play a Pac school.

Boise's a 12 hour drive from here and Phoenix is about the same. Not sure if this would be no air travel as much as very little in the way of travel expenses.
If they’re trying to keep players safe from C-19 exposures, flying is a terrible idea.

Ventilation systems in airplanes are not easy to clean. The planes are the concern, not the people.
Copy and pasted...

Copied and pasted from my buddy Calley Poarch. Please read it all, you might learn a thing or three.

Ok, here’s my aviation related contribution to stemming the panic about this virus. How germy is the air in an airplane? Awful right? It’s a flying petri dish with 150 people trapped in a metal tube re-breathing the same air for hours, right?

NO!! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO……HECK NO!!

Truth is, the air in a commercial airplane is probably the cleanest air you’ll breathe ALL DAY. Here’s why.

Airplanes need to pressurize so you can still breathe when you’re at high altitude. To do this we need to pump lots of air into the cabin to get it to the right pressure. Where does this extra air come from? The outside. And where are you when we pump this outside air into the cabin? Usually very high, well above any city pollution below. That’s clean air up there.

The engines which are constantly gulping down enormous amounts of air every minute and spitting it out the back at high speed to provide propulsion, also supply the air to the cabin. Some of that high-pressure air is tapped off the engines, cooled, filtered and delivered to the cabin. No airplane is airtight, and air from inside is constantly leaking out of all sorts of places. In addition, every airplane has one or more relief valves that vent excess air to the outside. That valve is constantly moving throughout the flight to release excess air, because the engines are constantly pumping in new, fresh air. If there was no relief valve the plane would over pressurize and crack.

Yes, some of the cabin air IS recirculated within the cabin. It’s drawn out of the cabin, run through air filters, and sent back to the cabin. But remember, the plane is constantly leaking old air out, on purpose, and the engines are constantly pumping fresh, clean air in. So while some of the air you breathe is in fact, old air, it’s still filtered and it is constantly supplemented and replaced with fresh air.

I read a study years ago that I should have saved, and now I’m too lazy to find it again. They looked at air quality in commercial airplanes and basically found that in every case the air in the cabin was far cleaner than the outside air, with one exception. That only exception, where their tests of air quality failed, was when the airplane was PARKED AT THE GATE WITH THE DOOR OPEN!

So can you get sick on an airplane? Sure. If you’re seated right next to someone who is sick, you may catch it, but this is no different than standing in line at the grocery store, sitting in the waiting room at the DMV, or sitting in a classroom. Proximity to sick people increases your risk for getting sick. At least on an airplane, the air you breathe, which may have some germs from the guy in the next seat, is probably still a lot cleaner than the air at the DMV….

Attachments

• ED7AE470-FC37-438F-8B5A-5537C1F0D733.png
    ED7AE470-FC37-438F-8B5A-5537C1F0D733.png
    484.2 KB · Views: 6
Back