What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

It feels like this is getting more and more real every day and it’s no longer just a parent petition and AD thing. Presidents are now being said to on board. What a mess, tbh. How do you come out and cancel the season and a week later have reports leaking that at least half the conference is completely trying to reverse course?
It's just a function of certain schools where the AD's power rivals the power of the university administration. Or, in the case of the corn, where the AD and the university administration are basically one and the same. Hot tip: don't send your kid to attend school at one of those universities.

Haha Willard was super weird when I was there but nothing wrong about chey ho, just not as cool as the others.

Fair on Willard. I think it was largely grad and international student housing when I was on campus. I lived in Chey Ho, and, well, we had our own dining hall and it was a short walk to Late Night Libby, and, oh yeah, Wardenberg right next door if we drank too much. So suck it.

Fair on Willard. I think it was largely grad and international student housing when I was on campus. I lived in Chey Ho, and, well, we had our own dining hall and it was a short walk to Late Night Libby, and, oh yeah, Wardenberg right next door if we drank too much. So suck it.
Pussy

SEC football practice started on Monday. Only three schools started class on Monday and three more today with the rest later this week and next week. This all just started so for them to claim a victory already is hilarious.

I have a family member who plays on the soccer team, they seem to be talking about myocardial infarction from covid and the long term effects.

I’m sure it’s a matter of time before “what dorm did you live in” gets relegated, but was anyone else in the engineering quad? I lived in Crosman somehow even though I wasn’t an engineer. Co-Ed throughout and they were all 3 person rooms each with their own bathroom which was huge. No dining hall though so we had to venture to Farrand or Libby to eat.

I’m sure it’s a matter of time before “what dorm did you live in” gets relegated, but was anyone else in the engineering quad? I lived in Crosman somehow even though I wasn’t an engineer. Co-Ed throughout and they were all 3 person rooms each with their own bathroom which was huge. No dining hall though so we had to venture to Farrand or Libby to eat.
Didn’t stay there, but my two roomates for sophomore, junior and senior year lived in cockerell and it was just normal two person dorms. They were engineers though so had to be in those dorms for tutoring and their wrap class I think. Location is great for them though to be on campus next to the other dorms so they don’t get locked in with only engineering students but close to their classes at the same time.

Aden 3 years in the pit, same exact room, 2nd in from the north entrance on the east side, last year in Reed. Reed was great, parked outside the dorm, own kitchenette and bathroom, was like $950 per semester for that room.

I lived in Crosman when I attended grad school 1975-77. All grad students and international students.

A studio apartment with kitchenette and nice sized bathroom.

Am I the only person that didn't love my experience in Sewall? It was the coolest "looking" dorm but if I could do it again, I would have preferred Farrand or Baker.

The only good part was the class in the dorm actually applied to my major.

Curious that all I'm hearing about is finding a way to play football this fall but not a whisper about the other dozens of sports that have fall competition. It's almost as if this is about the money.

#letthempay

Probably already posted elsewhere, but Mayo Clinic cardiologist (who is advising B12) states in this article why we shouldn't cancel football because of Myocarditis.
The reason why I threw the foul on that paper is that paper was 100 people with COVID-19, average age 50. That’s a rule violation to say that finding -- 78 out of those 100 individuals with a cardiac MRI showing stuff -- is immediately transferable relevant to otherwise healthy 18 to 24-year olds. That’s a scientific foul, you cannot make that leap. That leap might be confirmed and, if so, that’s another piece of data that is now directly relevant to the audience at hand which is our athletes at that age range.

I'm a big Mayo Clinic fan, but this guy has really gone a little further than I think his medical training should take him. Because what I hear him saying is that the 2 German studies may or may NOT be relevant to the college-age elite athlete. I certainly can buy that.

But he certainly also leaves the door open that these kids could be at unknown risk.

What is an MD doing taking that information any further than a Medical opinion, and deciding we should proceed with football?

Seems like he's playing Politician, Actuary, Statistician, and probably a few other roles here.

The bottom line is that the conferences don't have the data. This doctor admits that we don't have the data. Until we understand heart implications to those who've had Covid-19, how can a world renowned and respected academic institution, proceed with sports? If Nebraska wants to play, I don't really care. But respectable Universities are held to a higher standard!

Probably already posted elsewhere, but Mayo Clinic cardiologist (who is advising B12) states in this article why we shouldn't cancel football because of Myocarditis.

I'm a big Mayo Clinic fan, but this guy has really gone a little further than I think his medical training should take him. Because what I hear him saying is that the 2 German studies may or may NOT be relevant to the college-age elite athlete. I certainly can buy that.

But he certainly also leaves the door open that these kids could be at unknown risk.

What is an MD doing taking that information any further than a Medical opinion, and deciding we should proceed with football?

Seems like he's playing Politician, Actuary, Statistician, and probably a few other roles here.

The bottom line is that the conferences don't have the data. This doctor admits that we don't have the data. Until we understand heart implications to those who've had Covid-19, how can a world renowned and respected academic institution, proceed with sports? If ****braska wants to play, I don't really care. But respectable Universities are held to a higher standard!
Is this the al.com article or The Athletic interview? Latter is more informative and less biased IMO.

The bottom line is that the conferences don't have the data. This doctor admits that we don't have the data. Until we understand heart implications to those who've had Covid-19, how can a world renowned and respected academic institution, proceed with sports? If ****braska wants to play, I don't really care. But respectable Universities are held to a higher standard!
Didn’t the pac 12 advisory committee come out and say that there are concerns about the physical exertion that high level athletes go through and how that light amplify these heart issues?

Didn’t the pac 12 advisory committee come out and say that there are concerns about the physical exertion that high level athletes go through and how that light amplify these heart issues?
Point 2 of the reasons to delay addresses cardiac uncertainties. The one you mention had to be on their minds.

Am I the only person that didn't love my experience in Sewall? It was the coolest "looking" dorm but if I could do it again, I would have preferred Farrand or Baker.

The only good part was the class in the dorm actually applied to my major.

I really liked Sewall but then I really liked the Hill and spent more time there then the other dorms. You are right that it is a different experience and you do potentially miss out on some of the things going in the Farrand area.

Back