What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Some of us have been saying this for weeks, while others seem to believe the Universities actual care about the well being of the student athletes.
yep...da money

da money that can be made by playing
& da money that could be lost with a lawsuit

SEC response incoming in 3... 2... 1...
tenor.gif

Wednesday afternoon, Angelique Chengelis of The Detroit News reported that prominent college athletics attorney Tom Mars has filed a Freedom of Information Act request with Michigan State University. Th specifics are currently unavailable in regards to what information Mars is seeking.

Mars is filing the request on behalf of parents of B1G football players, hoping to get information on why the decision was made.

Link

If I had a kid in college, I'd be sooooo pissed with the bait and switch. Get 'em on campus just long enough to charge full tuition and room and board, then shift college to youtube. No one should be surprised co-eds attending classes, going to parties and living in dorms would lead to increased cases. Aren't these folks supposed to be the best and brightest minds in the country?

That's only fair. They're going through a ton of crap, but at least they get a grad school year from it if they want it.

Of course, this also means that we're likely to see even more grad transfers than normal next year. Gonna be lots of athletes with another year of eligibility but no spot in their current program.

Makes sense to preemptive. If some of these leagues insist on going forward it is very likely that eventually the will have to shut it down. How do you handle the situation where school a has played 3 games and school b played 5 games at the time of the shutdown. Without the exemption the players on school a would not count against them but school b would.

After Big Ten commissioner published an open letter saying that the conference would not be revisiting its decision to cancel fall sports, Ohio State athletics director Gene Smith released a statement to the media that raises some eyebrows. Here’s the core paragraph:

"While a decision has been made by the presidents of the Big Ten Conference to postpone the fall season, we view this as a temporary delay, and [Ohio State president-elect Kristina] Johnson has directed us to prepare for the possibility of bringing at least some of our fall sports back to practice and competition by the end of the year. We are actively planning for the winter and spring seasons for all sports, including the return of football."

link

I'm good with cracks in the B1G. Especially if PSU is of a similar mindset to OSU.

I’m sure it’s a matter of time before “what dorm did you live in” gets relegated, but was anyone else in the engineering quad? I lived in Crosman somehow even though I wasn’t an engineer. Co-Ed throughout and they were all 3 person rooms each with their own bathroom which was huge. No dining hall though so we had to venture to Farrand or Libby to eat.

I was an RA in Bracket for my Junior and Senior years. Spent time in Nichols/Chey Ho and in Andrews in Kittridge

Back