What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Tech's week one opponent.

Fùcking Carolina schools trying to **** this up for the ACC.

Not sure how much of this was just in the football program but the cases are across the entire athletic department. On Packer and Durham this morning they were saying it came out to about 1.5% across the AD.

N.C. State announced Monday that all athletic-related activities are suspended due to a coronavirus cluster within its sports programs.

In a statement on its website, N.C. State reported 27 cases within its athletic department, and of those, not all are athletes.

Tuscaloosa shut down the bars for 2 weeks because of their 531 case outbreak. It's just laughable at this point that they are making decisions like that which completely acknowledge there is an issue, but there's just zero thought to halting football.
And then saban has the balls to say it’s not about the money, it’s about the kids, while he is making 9 million a year lol

Coaches Poll is a sham, always. But what about letting coaches from conferences delaying play being the exclusive panel this year? Surely they are going g to watch games.

Of course, they are going to be excluded from voting this year

Coaches Poll is a sham, always. But what about letting coaches from conferences delaying play being the exclusive panel this year? Surely they are going g to watch games.

Of course, they are going to be excluded from voting this year
It's the coaches poll. Why would you take votes from people who aren't actively coaching?

Last edited:

giphy.gif

apologies if this info is already out there, but i'm not immediately finding it.

has the Pac made any announcement over what the spring schedule will be? whether we're playing the original set of teams on the schedule or the revised?

this is really interesting.

While there wasn't a uniformed agreement between Power 5 power-brokers, our sources both in Chicago and Ann Arbor said the expectation was that once the Big Ten made its announcement, the Pac 12 would immediately follow (as it did) and then the ACC would follow suit too, putting tremendous pressure on the SEC and Big 12. The Big 12 would go next, and then the SEC, with nothing left to play for, would reluctantly give in.

So why the ACC third? Because many of the universities within the conference are esteemed educational schools, led by the same academic minds that populate the Big Ten. Particularly Duke, North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia Tech and even Florida State (surprisingly, the No. 18 public university nationally) were supposed to be in lockstep with the Big Ten and wield enough power to force the entire ACC into following the Big Ten's lead.

That didn't happen. And if you're looking for another reason to hate Notre Dame, now you have it.

"Notre Dame really wanted to play and was willing to enter into an agreement that could lead to something down the road ... at the very least, more games every year against ACC teams," an insider shared. "They're adamance about playing was the ace-in-the-hole a group, led by Clemson, needed to really push for a season and turn the tide in favor of ignoring the Big Ten....

sources in Ann Arbor, in Columbus, Lincoln, Madison, East Lansing and State College all believe that if the Big Ten vote was held today instead of 14 days ago, the conference would not have voted to postpone the season outright.

SI link

Last edited:
this is really interesting.

SI link

That article was interesting. Notre Dame has always been big player in college football, however it never occurred to me that they could be the true swing-vote in fall v. spring sports/football during this pandemic. It does make sense looking back as their original schedule already had 6 ACC teams... If you think about it, the ACC really makes out well financially in playing Notre Dame in a normal year, and the opportunity to strengthen ties is something I think the ACC really jumped at. I always looked at the ACC as a 50%/50% prospect for playing in the Spring given the diversity of the conference, but you put Notre Dame into the equation, I can see where the SEC and Big-12 held steadfast in playing in the fall; and the decisions fell where they did.

That article was interesting. Notre Dame has always been big player in college football, however it never occurred to me that they could be the true swing-vote in fall v. spring sports/football during this pandemic. It does make sense looking back as their original schedule already had 6 ACC teams... If you think about it, the ACC really makes out well financially in playing Notre Dame in a normal year, and the opportunity to strengthen ties is something I think the ACC really jumped at. I always looked at the ACC as a 50%/50% prospect for playing in the Spring given the diversity of the conference, but you put Notre Dame into the equation, I can see where the SEC and Big-12 held steadfast in playing in the fall; and the decisions fell where they did.
yep.

if ND really put full time membership in the ACC on the table in order to play this year, it makes complete sense to me that Swofford (ACC commish) and the ADs would've done anything to advance that. We'll find out in 15 years what backroom deals were made.

This means the battle for the Commonwealth Cup will be the first game for both teams. Fits right in with 2020
tHe cOmMoNwEaLtH cUp

semi-humerous story. until about 15 years ago, that trophy considerd all NCAA sanctioned sports played between UVA and VT during the regular season. one point for all sports except for men's basketball and football. hoops awarded one point for each of the two games played and football awarded two points for the one game.

before they changed the cup criteria to only be football, UVA owned it.

in my previous life, I was a Training Manager for a franchisee of quick service restaurants. My duties included being GM of the Blacksburg store and training newly hired salaried managers -- they would start at my store after being hired until they 'graduated' and got reassigned to whatever store they were hired for.

one year, a UVA fan was hired. he showed up in Blacksburg ready to talk trash and engaged me and my team from day one. at one point, he brought up the Commonwealth Cup.

I responded, "OK, whatever. we beat you in football".

he got pissed. turns red in the face. "you damn VT fans, all you care about is football".

three of us, in unison, "yeah?"

Last edited:
I was thinking a little more about the issue of football pressing on, in spite of students going home. Right or wrong (I know there is a ton of $$ in college football and many AD's want to play), it also occurred to me that for many graduates and even folks that live in or near a college town, the football team is a on-going connection, between the school, its graduates, and its fans; which depending on the individual can be really strong. Although some schools may not have tons of on-campus students in the fall or even the spring, the playing of college football, presuming it can be reasonably safe; can be a positive for many associated with a school in terms of keeping that connection strong.

I'm not necessarily advocating one way or another for fall or spring football; nor that one should ignore the safety concerns; but more pointing out that the connection exists.

Frankly, I believe sports programs will protect themselves very well if no other students & social activities variables are present.

100% online education probably could save all the seasons. Most sports have under 25 people involved & football has the resources to manage the 150-200 people involved.
Agreed, if they are testing at least every other day, which most programs aren’t/can’t afford.

Would losing one autumn of college football be worth it if we made progress on healing this nation and improving our race relations in this country?

Back