What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Good point. With no students on campus, college football has a much higher chance of being played and is safer given the frequent testing of players and staff.
My comment was sarcastic given that people on this page still think football players are students first when all of the actual students have to go home. My solution from the beginning was always to bubble the players and ramp up testing because they’re not really students first.

Frankly, I believe sports programs will protect themselves very well if no other students & social activities variables are present.

100% online education probably could save all the seasons. Most sports have under 25 people involved & football has the resources to manage the 150-200 people involved.
May be true, but I feel for college administrators who have to make the case to the parents and legislature that all the kids have to go home but football is a-ok

My comment was sarcastic given that people on this page still think football players are students first when all of the actual students have to go home. My solution from the beginning was always to bubble the players and ramp up testing because they’re not really students first.
When you join bubbles, they usually pop.

May be true, but I feel for college administrators who have to make the case to the parents and legislature that all the kids have to go home but football is a-ok
I actually think it would be pretty simple. “Student athletes were here for a couple of months before other students came back and acted responsibly with the guidelines we gave them which resulted in low covid numbers. We invited students back and within two weeks had to shut things down because they acted irresponsibly. If that same thing happens with student athletes we will make the same decision”

I actually think it would be pretty simple. “Student athletes were here for a couple of months before other students came back and acted responsibly with the guidelines we gave them which resulted in low covid numbers. We invited students back and within two weeks had to shut things down because they acted irresponsibly. If that same thing happens with student athletes we will make the same decision”
Goooooood luck!

That whole statement becomes problematic because you are purposely separating the student athletes from the rest of the student body.

I was thinking a little more about the issue of football pressing on, in spite of students going home. Right or wrong (I know there is a ton of $$ in college football and many AD's want to play), it also occurred to me that for many graduates and even folks that live in or near a college town, the football team is a on-going connection, between the school, its graduates, and its fans; which depending on the individual can be really strong. Although some schools may not have tons of on-campus students in the fall or even the spring, the playing of college football, presuming it can be reasonably safe; can be a positive for many associated with a school in terms of keeping that connection strong.

I'm not necessarily advocating one way or another for fall or spring football; nor that one should ignore the safety concerns; but more pointing out that the connection exists.
Agreed.

CU football>>>>>>>CU basketball>>>>>>>>CU's US News ranking

Maybe, if the schools shut down football, the communities that are so invested in it would realize they need to get their **** together regarding the hoax virus.

I understand Manhattan’s position, but if we’ve reached the point where a university will sponsor sports, but not support academics, then it’s time for some serious correction. Professional sports are not the business of a university and professional players need their own development league.

I’m disgusted by the priorities being demonstrated.

That whole statement becomes problematic because you are purposely separating the student athletes from the rest of the student body.
But they already are right? They participate in ncaa sanctioned athletic competitions while the rest dont. They already stay over summer, thanksgiving and winter break in many cases while most others don’t.

Players are in perfect position to demand pay.

LSU, hold my beer.

Ha. These Schools have obviously shown they have no problem doing this.

It's pretty obvious that there is going to be a fall college football season in some form.

OU had an entire position group out with COVID. I believe they are going to have a season and even positive tests mid season will not stop it

Dude. Sarcasm. Seriously. Do you read my posts on this site or do you just cherry pick what you want to think of them and then react?
I realize that I have little credibility on this subject with Allbuffs, but in @zbuff 's defense, there were two sentences in your post. It appears you meant one to be sarcastic and the other literal, yet used the same font for both.

Sarcasm doesn't convey well in digital type. Learning that on Allbuffs is an inexpensive lesson (vs a work email chain)

I realize that I have little credibility on this subject with Allbuffs, but in @zbuff 's defense, there were two sentences in your post. It appears you meant one to be sarcastic and the other literal, yet used the same font for both.

Sarcasm doesn't convey well in digital type. Learning that on Allbuffs is an inexpensive lesson (vs a work email chain)
I appreciate your willingness to defend him, but two things are happening here: 1. He has previously diagnosed me with a mental illness without the credentials or knowledge to do so. He reiterated it here. 2. I’ve stated my positions in the thread and even clarified when someone agreed with a sarcastic statement. He chose to insert himself in the conversation ignoring the context of my positions WRT revenue athlete pay and the silliness of amateurs playing in a pandemic.

OU had an entire position group out with COVID. I believe they are going to have a season and even positive tests mid season will not stop it

And they are still practicing and moving forward, haven't even hit pause. This has changed my thinking. I assumed they would either push to spring before the first game actually played or cancel the season once a big outbreak happened. This has me thinking that unless something truly horrible happens (somebody ends up in a hospital close to death or worse) they are going to power on.

And they are still practicing and moving forward, haven't even hit pause. This has changed my thinking. I assumed they would either push to spring before the first game actually played or cancel the season once a big outbreak happened. This has me thinking that unless something truly horrible happens (somebody ends up in a hospital close to death or worse) they are going to power on.
Exactly. Those clinging on to the hope they will cancel are just wishing at this point. We just have to hope nothing serious comes of this with long term health or a death of a player.

Pretty sure Texas Tech had 21 positive tests and kept practicing.

Just because you think it's problematic does not make it so.

Athletes 1) have always been largely separate from the rest of the student body (I see that repeatedly as a Scholarship Donor), 2) the athletes are taking on-line courses like all students, 3) the athletes are actually safer without students on campus and 4) athletes passionately want to play their sport.

Just so you know - the CU AD is beyond pissed the PAC 12 has shut them down - Polis and Boulder were very likely going to allow them to play with the testing protocols CU has in-place.

Back