What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Draft Buffs

I know the wonderlic isn’t the be all end all, but the average score for a QB is like 25. A 13 is terrible. 10 or below is considered illiterate.

Alabama is all in on Football! Not even hiding the Student-Athlete thing anymore.
NFL-G league

Whomever sent out that note didn’t black out his personal information very well.
I mean, Rapoport shouldn't have tweeted it out without double checking and blacking it out himself if it wasn't him. He basically just doxxed him.

NFL scouts say that Montez failed his conditioning test before his SR year and that he is lazy and didn’t work at it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...t-league-execs-scouts-coaches-assess-qb-class
Not that this isn't anything new, but the fact the past two coaching staffs absolutely refused to play anyone else other than Montez the past two years is a massive indictment on the QB's coming back on the roster. CU absolutely needs a transfer at the position. Can't go all in on one guy

Not that this isn't anything new, but the fact the past two coaching staffs absolutely refused to play anyone else other than Montez the past two years is a massive indictment on the QB's coming back on the roster. CU absolutely needs a transfer at the position. Can't go all in on one guy
I think it’s equally an indictment of Montez’ temperament.

The best players, regardless of sport, work their ass off. Do they dick around off the field or court, sure, they're human. Montez never struck me as the type that did that, the first part anyway.

The best players, regardless of sport, work their ass off. Do they dick around off the field or court, sure, they're human. Montez never struck me as the type that did that, the first part anyway.
He's one of those guys with massive physical talents, who always got by just on his talent, so he never learned work ethic. He's somehow gotten all the way to potentially being drafted despite is. I doubt he learns how now, which means he probably won't last long in the league.

He's one of those guys with massive physical talents, who always got by just on his talent, so he never learned work ethic. He's somehow gotten all the way to potentially being drafted despite is. I doubt he learns how now, which means he probably won't last long in the league.
True. Trust me, that can happen to a football player in El Paso. The talent there is damn near non existent. Guys here and there, sure. As a whole, it's pretty much crap. Edward Scissorhands could win the HS Heisman there.

From the QB list, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Tua, and then Eason. For Eason, I sort of see the Jake Locker trajectory, Eason did not show me a ton last year but I guess he could be a decent backup--it depends where he goes in the draft. I don't really put too much stock into the Wonderlick, but I think coming off the injury and just how punishing BAMA was last year, I think Tua is going to find difficulty adjusting to the speed of the pro game. That said, it is hard to knock his college numbers.

@Duffman, do you think Montez is drafted? If so, what is his over-under on years, practice squad included? Do you think that he ever sees an NFL field in any regular season game?

Totally agree with @4BeinemyTDs on Fromm's arm stregnth, but he may go in rounds 5-7 and hold a clipboard for many years.

I just don't see it with Tua. He had 2 1st rounders to throw to, the BAMA running game was the same as it always is (good-great, but not needed), and the BAMA line was great too. If he goes in the top-10 overall, which I think he will, I can see a bust. That is not to say he was not an incredible college player. Do you think he goes in the top-10 overall?

I just don't see it with Tua. He had 2 1st rounders to throw to, the BAMA running game was the same as it always is (good-great, but not needed), and the BAMA line was great too. If he goes in the top-10 overall, which I think he will, I can see a bust. That is not to say he was not an incredible college player. Do you think he goes in the top-10 overall?
Top 5 for sure.

Do you see it with Joe Burrow? Last I checked, he also had a pretty solid team around him last season, which was his only season worth mentioning. Tua is a complete stud and had it not been for his hip, there would be a major debate about whether he or Burrow would be going number one.

Btw, the hip recovery shouldn't be an issue. He's not starting in 2020 (or whenever this season plays out) anyways. He'll have a RS year to learn and get back to 100%, so I highly doubt he drops out of the top 5, and if he does, you're talking about the best value in the entire draft

I thought a big thing with agents now is tutoring for the wonderlic. I look at this news as an indictment on his agent. I saw one interview where a player said “there wasn’t a question on it I hadn’t seen before.”

Do you see it with Joe Burrow? Last I checked, he also had a pretty solid team around him last season, which was his only season worth mentioning. Tua is a complete stud and had it not been for his hip, there would be a major debate about whether he or Burrow would be going number one.

Btw, the hip recovery shouldn't be an issue. He's not starting in 2020 (or whenever this season plays out) anyways. He'll have a RS year to learn and get back to 100%, so I highly doubt he drops out of the top 5, and if he does, you're talking about the best value in the entire draft

Actually, I think with Burrow and he might go either way too. Same concerns--great team and he has less of a resume. In the inury stuff on Tua, he had a number of injuries in his career, not just the hip. Tua is a good value in the draft, and given his upside some team will take that chance. Only time will tell if either guy is a star or a bust.

I think having Tua and Eason tied together is insane. If Tua drops to the 25th pick it is insane to tie him to Eason.

Your rational for dinging Tua should be exactly the same for Burrow as well.

Actually, I think with Burrow and he might go either way too. Same concerns--great team and he has less of a resume. In the inury stuff on Tua, he had a number of injuries in his career, not just the hip. Tua is a good value in the draft, and given his upside some team will take that chance. Only time will tell if either guy is a star or a bust.
So you'd rather have a QB who played on a mediocre to crappy team and didn't win much, than one who played on a talented team and won at the highest level while being a primary reason for it. Sounds like Jay Cutler and Steven Montez are your guys

I think having Tua and Eason tied together is insane. If Tua drops to the 25th pick it is insane to tie him to Eason.

Your rational for dinging Tua should be exactly the same for Burrow as well.

I'm not tying them together, as they will go nowhere close to each other in the draft. One in projected to be a franchise player, the other is going to be a project/potential for the future. The question posed was which guys do you think may be a bust and the QB list was in the thread. IMO, those are the guys, who I picked. People have different opinions and those are being expressed.

Tua and Burrow are different players from different schools, so the rationale does not have to be exactly the same for both. Tua has injury concerns, Burrow does not. Also, if your post on Tua is correct and he does fall to mid-late 1st round, his expectations are much lower. The Bust guys are typically the ones who go in the Top-10 and do not pan out for one reason or another aka... Tony Mand-sandwich; but the Broncos did draft Ted Gregory who was like 5" shorter than advertised.

Can we at least agree that Skita (the Nuggets) was the biggest draft sports bust in Denver history. Steven A Smith-- "[shaking head and rolling eyes] . . . whew, that boy just cannot play."

Back