What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Draft Buffs

“He’s always been the best guy on his team.”

KD was the better high school player. And I'm pretty sure he had 4-star Shawn Robinson at QB for a year as well. Odd take to make on DeSoto like he was some sort of big fish small pond guy.

KD was the better high school player. And I'm pretty sure he had 4-star Shawn Robinson at QB for a year as well. Odd take to make on DeSoto like he was some sort of big fish small pond guy.

Assumed that was supposed to be a reference to his college years, and kind of a dig at CU. In any event, two things seem probable at this point, 1) Viska is going to drop a little bi, and 2) some team is gonna get an absolute steal.

Assumed that was supposed to be a reference to his college years, and kind of a dig at CU. In any event, two things seem probable at this point, 1) Viska is going to drop a little bi, and 2) some team is gonna get an absolute steal.
Saying he's always been the best guy on his team to reference basically two years in college just seems a bit much, either that or it's a misrepresentation of how he got to that point. But he was referencing how he might struggle in a role where he isn't utilized as a versatile primary weapon of the offense - "You put him in one position and he’s just going to flounder", but it just doesn't make much sense as a criticism, especially in how it relates to being our best player. Even if he's your 3rd or 4th best weapon, you still aren't going to keep him on the outside in man to man every down just because you have Kamara/Thomas or Tyreek Hill or whoever and I don't know why anyone would draft him if that's what they were looking for. If anything those types of guys around him might benefit him, everyone knew what we were doing with him. And well.. they still couldn't stop him.

Lazy evaluations of Viska piss me off...if he falls to 46 Broncos better take him.

NFL scouts do not make lazy evaluation on Top 100 players in the draft. Just because we don't agree with them does not make them lazy.

Sorry Big Jim.

Scouts calling him "immature" and "always the best guy on the team" seem like quick assumptions (lazy) without much effort in the investigation of truth.

- what would ever qualify LaViska as being immature?

Sorry Big Jim.

Scouts calling him "immature" and "always the best guy on the team" seem like quick assumptions (lazy) without much effort in the investigation of truth.

I can't answer the immature question, I've never spoken with Shenault nor anyone at CU about him. Scouts form their opionions based on direct conversations and from coaches/trainers/etc so they have some basis in that.

Please name one teammate at CU that was a better than Shenault during his time on the team. I am unable to do that, Shenault was head-and-shoulders the best guy on the team from my view.

I can't answer the immature question, I've never spoken with Shenault nor anyone at CU about him. Scouts form their opionions based on direct conversations and from coaches/trainers/etc so they have some basis in that.

Please name one teammate at CU that was a better than Shenault during his time on the team. I am unable to do that, Shenault was head-and-shoulders the best guy on the team from my view.
Lindsay

Sorry Big Jim.

Telephone on sideline?

NFL scouts say that Montez failed his conditioning test before his SR year and that he is lazy and didn’t work at it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...t-league-execs-scouts-coaches-assess-qb-class
I didn’t know Montez failed a conditioning test before last season, but am not surprised. We had a lot of games to see him at CU. Our evaluations of him here and what scouts see are nearly lock step. I think he ends up out of the league in a year or two. Maybe the CFL is an option.

I didn’t know Montez failed a conditioning test before last season, but am not surprised. We had a lot of games to see him at CU. Our evaluations of him here and what scouts see are nearly lock step. I think he ends up out of the league in a year or two. Maybe the CFL is an option.
What kind of “team leader” fails a conditioning test? Obviously he wasn’t a leader. What QB has shown up and failed conditioning tests? What waste of physical talent.

NFL scouts say that Montez failed his conditioning test before his SR year and that he is lazy and didn’t work at it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...t-league-execs-scouts-coaches-assess-qb-class

How does Jake Fromm remain anywhere near the top of any Boards? I do not consider him even an average QB who has a chance in hell to make an NFL team better. Now, if Steven Montez's body was combined with Jake Fromm's heart, then you would have something, but neither have a real chance!

How does Jake Fromm remain anywhere near the top of any Boards? I do not consider him even an average QB who has a chance in hell to make an NFL team better. Now, if Steven Montez's body was combined with Jake Fromm's heart, then you would have something, but neither have a real chance!
Fromm is exactly the kind of guy who’s smart enough and marginally talented enough to hold a clipboard for the next 10 years.

If Fromm is willing to accept a backup role, I could see him having a long, journeyman career as a backup in the league - a guy who is solid, consistent, teammates like him, but not really a serious threat to QB1. The Chase Daniel analogy makes sense to me - I could see him having a Daniel, Matt Barkley or Josh McCown type career.

Fromm is exactly the kind of guy who’s smart enough and marginally talented enough to hold a clipboard for the next 10 years.
The Comparison was Chase Daniels and that is spot on, but when I watched the Combine, Fromm throws a lob ball! Totally surprised that Georgia was not smart enough to try and keep Fields, because it was obvious that Fromm would try his hardest, but was just not gifted enough to make it happen.

The Comparison was Chase Daniels and that is spot on, but when I watched the Combine, Fromm throws a lob ball! Totally surprised that Georgia was not smart enough to try and keep Fields, because it was obvious that Fromm would try his hardest, but was just not gifted enough to make it happen.
Letting Fields go was a dumb move. Fromm is smart and has a decent floor. He’s a clipboard guy guy at the next level, which is one of the best careers in pro sports.

Back