What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Rocky Mountain Showdown (CANCELED) at Canvas Stadium

Not going to matter because he was going to be gone either way and the MWC isn't playing this year but he was far and away the best player on the sheep.

Media picked him as the pre-season MWC offensive player of the year.

He isn't as good an athlete as Laviska but in many ways is similar, he is a taller WR at 6'6" and 220lbs with decent speed and a big catch radius.

If we had played them this year he would have probably been the hardest of their players for us to deal with.

In a normal year I would slot him somewhere between the 3rd and 5th round.

He is leaving for NFL reasons but have to wonder if we don't see some other guys leave as a fallout from Addazio's handling of the C-19 situation and the stuff that has come out about his lack of respect for the BLM movement.

No news about their issues with C-19 and the issues with Parker, Addazio etc.

Must be nice that not enough people care to keep your program in the news.

If this were CU the media would still be hammering it.

Not going to matter because he was going to be gone either way and the MWC isn't playing this year but he was far and away the best player on the sheep.

Media picked him as the pre-season MWC offensive player of the year.

He isn't as good an athlete as Laviska but in many ways is similar, he is a taller WR at 6'6" and 220lbs with decent speed and a big catch radius.

If we had played them this year he would have probably been the hardest of their players for us to deal with.

In a normal year I would slot him somewhere between the 3rd and 5th round.

He is leaving for NFL reasons but have to wonder if we don't see some other guys leave as a fallout from Addazio's handling of the C-19 situation and the stuff that has come out about his lack of respect for the BLM movement.

That's going to be really common-especially in leagues who have said we're not playing in the fall. Frankly, I'm surprised Justin Fields hasn't said I'm not coming back.

What changed for Nixon from being told he wouldn't be drafted in the 2020 draft to the 2021 draft?
I think the idea is that any Spring season is going to go through/past the draft and the draft isn't likely to be pushed back, so anyone playing a Spring season is likely to miss out. A lot of uncertainty, though.

I think the idea is that any Spring season is going to go through/past the draft and the draft isn't likely to be pushed back, so anyone playing a Spring season is likely to miss out. A lot of uncertainty, though.
I get that. I am saying what has changed for Nixon since last draft for anyone to think he will get drafted in 2021 with no season? It’s not like he is finally a 4 year player who can get drafted. The whole reason he came back was to showcase he could get drafted.

I get that. I am saying what has changed for Nixon since last draft for anyone to think he will get drafted in 2021 with no season? It’s not like he is finally a 4 year player who can get drafted. The whole reason he came back was to showcase he could get drafted.
But if he can't enter the draft because he plays in a Spring season, why does it matter? There's also no guarantee there will be a Spring season. My guess is he will take his chances training, hiring an agent, going through a pro day, hoping he gets invited to the combine, etc.

I think the really interesting thing we might see is guys put 3 or 4 games of good tape out in spring and shut it down.

But if he can't enter the draft because he plays in a Spring season, why does it matter? There's also no guarantee there will be a Spring season. My guess is he will take his chances training, hiring an agent, going through a pro day, hoping he gets invited to the combine, etc.

Yeah but at a minimum he could play most of the season. The reality is the NFL is going to end up playing ball and shifting if they need to. The best thing for NFL teams and coaches is to get more game film on guys like Nixon. They'd prefer everybody play. The agents are the ones in the players ears right now trying to get them to opt out.

I do think it might be more difficult though for a guy like KD to opt out vs. Warren Jackson. An agent is going to pay for Jackson's training until the draft knowing he is going to get paid back. Opting out now though means an agent coming out of pocket for 8 month's (or more if the draft gets moved) worth of training instead of typically 4-5 months. They'll do this for sure fire draft picks but I think guys on the fringe of getting drafted are going to find it a lot harder to find an agent willing to fork out that much up front.

Yeah but at a minimum he could play most of the season. The reality is the NFL is going to end up playing ball and shifting if they need to. The best thing for NFL teams and coaches is to get more game film on guys like Nixon. They'd prefer everybody play. The agents are the ones in the players ears right now trying to get them to opt out.

I do think it might be more difficult though for a guy like KD to opt out vs. Warren Jackson. An agent is going to pay for Jackson's training until the draft knowing he is going to get paid back. Opting out now though means an agent coming out of pocket for 8 month's (or more if the draft gets moved) worth of training instead of typically 4-5 months. They'll do this for sure fire draft picks but I think guys on the fringe of getting drafted are going to find it a lot harder to find an agent willing to fork out that much up front.
Yeah it will come down to whether the NFL moves the draft back, pending the decision of a potential Spring season.

I don't see how the NFL can have a draft in a normal time frame if college is fully moved to the spring. Its the NFL, so of course they are going to say everything is on as scheduled, but I can almost guarantee organizations will want it moved back.

Your top 40 or so players are easy to grade. After that, I would think organizations will want a season played before making millions of dollars in investments.

I don't see how the NFL can have a draft in a normal time frame if college is fully moved to the spring. Its the NFL, so of course they are going to say everything is on as scheduled, but I can almost guarantee organizations will want it moved back.

Your top 40 or so players are easy to grade. After that, I would think organizations will want a season played before making millions of dollars in investments.
i think it comes down to "how late can the NFL have their draft and still start the 2021 season on time?" working backwards, I think they can push it back ~2 months
  • labor day 2021 start season
  • late july 2021 start training camp
  • late june 2021 start contract negotiations (I'm assuming with time pressure they can put this at one month)
  • early-to-mid june 2021 conduct draft

Agree.

Also KD and Jackson are two completely different situations.

Jackson is going to get looks by the NFL because of his physical characteristics. He is "prototype" size at 6'6" and 220lbs. Teams are willing to take chances on guys like that with the idea that they can teach them to be a player. Also for Jackson playing against a bunch of MWC DBs isn't going to impress anyone, even if he makes big plays they are going to say it was against poor competition.

KD in comparison has to overcome his size. Teams will look at him as say as short as he is he can't play in the NFL. He needs more tape making plays against P5 level corners to try to make his case.

The NFL could move the draft to early June if necessary and move those organized team activities to later in June then we have summer camp for those NFL teams as scheduled.

The NFL could move the draft to early June if necessary and move those organized team activities to later in June then we have summer camp for those NFL teams as scheduled.
Could they? They could do anything, so sure.

And I expect they will do whatever the **** they want as long as they want. They don't care about college football. They don't have games on saturday's as a political gesture to their fans that like both. The moment they figure out their product is more valuable on Saturday and Sunday, they will do that.

Most high round players would be opting, etc.

So no, they won't move the draft, because they don't care about College Football.

Could they? They could do anything, so sure.

And I expect they will do whatever the **** they want as long as they want. They don't care about college football. They don't have games on saturday's as a political gesture to their fans that like both. The moment they figure out their product is more valuable on Saturday and Sunday, they will do that.

Most high round players would be opting, etc.

So no, they won't move the draft, because they don't care about College Football.
The NFL might be afraid to find the answer to the question of which sport fans would prefer to watch on Saturdays. 😉 But mostly, they wpuld need the networks to drop college games in favor of theirs. I think the NFL is pretty happy the way things are now, or rather in normal times.

Mustafa Johnson isn't guaranteed to leave if they don't play, just thought I'd throw that in there. It's being considered but nothing set in stone. Landman and Nixon, I've heard they are but can't speak to them with certainty.

Mustafa Johnson isn't guaranteed to leave if they don't play, just thought I'd throw that in there. It's being considered but nothing set in stone. Landman and Nixon, I've heard they are but can't speak to them with certainty.
I don’t think any of them are leaving, they just aren’t playing in a spring football league.

Back