What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Football Scholarship Roster

Please expound on this
To build a solid depth chart with long-term stability you want guys who come in out of HS develop in the system, contribute multiple years and keep class balance.

Portal is great for immediate needs but doesn't provide the long term stability.

To build a solid depth chart with long-term stability you want guys who come in out of HS develop in the system, contribute multiple years and keep class balance.

Portal is great for immediate needs but doesn't provide the long term stability.
College Free Agency is brand new and the fact that it's being talked about it like it's the same thing as adding JUCO kids and guys with one year of eligibility is just false. As I said, only one of the seven transfers CU picked up has less than 3 years of eligibility (Barnes, who is a 2 to play 2). Toll is a 5 to play 4 guy, so that's essentially like grabbing a high school recruit (I acknowledge the 5 to play 4 aren't going to happen again really). The rest are 4 to play 3 or 3 to play 3. That's about as long term as you need a guy to be in a program now, especially when they have spent a year or two in another P5 program and don't need to spend a year or two developing at CU.

I'm not saying half of every class can be from the transfer portal and of course you need to recruit high school kids, but again, the transfer portal has changed everything about roster construction in CFB, so to recycle the common wisdom that transfers are just short term band aids just isn't true.

With the rule changes, if you aren't using the transfer market to flip your team with talent/depth issues, then you will be left behind. There are only a few programs that can solely use HS recruiting going forward. Be prepared to see CU use this heavily and that is a good thing. CU will never be able to build its program via transfers but I do think we could legitimately see 2-5 transfers every year.

With the rule changes, if you aren't using the transfer market to flip your team with talent/depth issues, then you will be left behind. There are only a few programs that can solely use HS recruiting going forward. Be prepared to see CU use this heavily and that is a good thing. CU will never be able to build its program via transfers but I do think we could legitimately see 2-5 transfers every year.
It is the 2020's version of JUCOs in the 1990's, but we can compete on an equal playing field.

I just asked this in another thread, but I’ll repeat it here: does the requirement to sit out one year after transferring return next year? I was under the impression (maybe mistaken) that the old rule returns next season. Thanks in advance.

Now at 88 with Noyer entering the transfer portal. Stillwell also no longer on the roster. The buffs can add one more player.

There still going to be about one or two more guys leaving the program. Players that didn't feature a lot in spring ball and are upper classmen.

Good Luck to Poplawski in everything he does! God and his body sadly did not let him be the best Buff he could be, and that is not fair, but he has a lot of life ahead of him. Buff4Life

Back