What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Official Fall Camp Thread

Fontenot had 125 yards/3 TDs/long of 33 against CSU.

In the other 11 games, he had 749 yards/2 TDs/long of 25.

You tell me if that screams anything other than rotational back.
That’s not what I’m telling you. I’m just saying that one guy has a year+ of averaging nearly 5 yards per carry and the other has almost no CFB experience. Obviously, if 0 is both as reliable and more explosive than 8 he should get more carries.

To be clear, averaging 4.7 yards/carry in college is actually not very good. Fontenot ranked 156th in that category in 2019. Even if you remove the 14 players with fewer than 100 carries that were ahead of him, it's still not good.

If a guy isn't averaging over 5 yards/carry (probably more like 5.5), he's just not that effective, and definitely isn't considered explosive.

Sounds like Lynch is hurt. Not that I thought he was an actual reliable number 2, but Pell and Fauria getting a lot of time and recognition might be a good thing in the long run this season.

Sounds like Lynch is hurt. Not that I thought he was an actual reliable number 2, but Pell and Fauria getting a lot of time and recognition might be a good thing in the long run this season.
Well, it'll be their chance to get some of that. You never want to see a teammate get hurt, but you have to take your opportunity even if it comes like that. Sucks, but it's part of the game.

Look, Fontenot is a reliable back. He's not explosive, but he's slippery and always gains positive yards. Any ****ting on him, and all this crap IS ****ting on him, is bad form. Don't talk about yards per carry bull****. How many of you guys slamming Fontenot still think Mangham just wasn't used right? Mangham is/was ass, yet several of you in this thread looked at his much worse numbers and tried to convince yourself he was still good?

I have no idea if that post was even readable. I'm so hopped up on drugs, dealing with the Flu and a 102 temp.

Look, Fontenot is a reliable back. He's not explosive, but he's slippery and always gains positive yards. Any ****ting on him, and all this crap IS ****ting on him, is bad form. Don't talk about yards per carry bull****. How many of you guys slamming Fontenot still think Mangham just wasn't used right? Mangham is/was ass, yet several of you in this thread looked at his much worse numbers and tried to convince yourself he was still good?

Mangham was not anything special either.

Also... don't talk about objective stats! WTAF?

I was higher on Mangham and his running style but obviously didn’t work out and I can admit I was wrong about that, but that doesn’t change the fact that Fontenot is just an average back. Nobody is ****ting on him, just saying he’s not special.

FYI - Broussard averaged 5.7/carry and it was apparent, don’t you think?

Self-loathing Allbuffs

I just like this year's RB group. Just pound the ball this year towards a bowl game (one that we would finally win).

Where's the golden kool-aid refill station? I need to refill my pitcher.

I think referring to Fontenot as a rotational back is absolutely appropriate. He’s a solid contributor who can provide 10 carries a game to give Broussard and Clayton a breather. That’s not a bad spot to be in. I’m wondering why anybody would be opposed to that or be of the opinion that it’s somehow inappropriate.

Anybody here remember OC Oliver? He was a starter his freshman year. By his senior year, he wasn’t on the traveling squad. He didn’t get worse, the RB room got better. Similar situation.

I think referring to Fontenot as a rotational back is absolutely appropriate. He’s a solid contributor who can provide 10 carries a game to give Broussard and Clayton a breather. That’s not a bad spot to be in. I’m wondering why anybody would be opposed to that or be of the opinion that it’s somehow inappropriate.

Anybody here remember OC Oliver? He was a starter his freshman year. By his senior year, he wasn’t on the traveling squad. He didn’t get worse, the RB room got better. Similar situation.
OC Oliver tore up his knee at a time when knee surgery was a much bigger deal. Not saying he beats out EB, but he's not the example you think he is. He also led the team in rushing when we were still running the wishbone.

Back