What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Official Fall Camp Thread

Not to bust your smart-ass chops or anything, but four are walk-ons, one moved from D and Poplavski's been here forever due to injury.

Not like they went out and recruited nothing but TEs!
By BRIAN HOWELL | howellb@dailycamera.com | Boulder Daily Camera
August 11, 2021 at 3:15 p.m.
In Brady Russell, the Colorado football team has one of the best and most experienced tight ends in the Pac-12 Conference.
Outside of Russell, however, the Buffs are a work in progress at the position.
CU has 10 tight ends on the roster, including eight on scholarship. Five of those scholarship tight ends are freshmen.

By BRIAN HOWELL | howellb@dailycamera.com | Boulder Daily Camera
August 11, 2021 at 3:15 p.m.
In Brady Russell, the Colorado football team has one of the best and most experienced tight ends in the Pac-12 Conference.
Outside of Russell, however, the Buffs are a work in progress at the position.
CU has 10 tight ends on the roster, including eight on scholarship. Five of those scholarship tight ends are freshmen.
Dig deeper Nimrod! I'm not gonna do the work for ya!

Dig deeper Nimrod! I'm not gonna do the work for ya!
Me: infer that instead of having so many TEs on the roster, they should have more depth at critical positions, like OL, where they’ve been historically terrible and continue to suffer depth issues going into the season
You: that’s a stupid inference; state four of the TE are walk-ons ergo they haven’t wasted scholarships on TEs
Me: cite a video of someone who covers the team for a living saying there are maybe too many guys in the TE room in terms of scholarship allocation (an exact quote); another person who also covers the team for a living writes in his column that 8 of the 10 TEs are on scholarship and 4 of those on scholarship are freshmen
You: think i should dig deeper

Edit: five of the eight TEs on scholarship are freshmen...

Last edited:
Me: infer that instead of having so many TEs on the roster, they should have more depth at critical positions, like OL, where they’ve been historically terrible and continue to suffer depth issues going into the season
You: that’s a stupid inference; state four of the TE are walk-ons ergo they haven’t wasted scholarships on TEs
Me: cite a video of someone who covers the team for a living saying there are maybe too many guys in the TE room in terms of scholarship allocation (an exact quote); another person who also covers the team for a living writes in his column that 8 of the 10 TEs are on scholarship and 4 of those on scholarship are freshmen
You: think i should dig deeper
Seems to be an epidemic recently.

Poster: Outlandish claim with no reference
Responder: Can you show me where you get that info?
Poster: You obviously don’t know how to use the internet
Responder: Not my job to do the research, but ok, here’s what I found to refute your statement
Poster: You’re so stupid. Your truth statements are wrong

Responder: Not my job to do the research, but ok, here’s what I found to refute your statement
Jesus Christ. I posted a bunch of stuff for you to read and you ignored everything. From amazing euro cup ratings to amazing World Cup ratings to the best champions league ratings to an amazing US women’s professional soccer season ever last year. If you want to ignore the growth trend then go ahead. Baseball averages about 1.8 million people watching games locally in the entire country. Posting world series numbers isn’t a good reflection of anything and those have also been going down dramatically for 20 years.

soccer is a distant 5th favorite sport for me. I rarely watch but to ignore what is happening with that sport in this country is stupid.

Aka the DNC playbook, well played.

Jesus Christ. I posted a bunch of stuff for you to read and you ignored everything. From amazing euro cup ratings to amazing World Cup ratings to the best champions league ratings to an amazing US women’s professional soccer season ever last year. If you want to ignore the growth trend then go ahead. Baseball averages about 1.8 million people watching games locally in the entire country. Posting world series numbers isn’t a good reflection of anything and those have also been going down dramatically for 20 years.

soccer is a distant 5th favorite sport for me. I rarely watch but to ignore what is happening with that sport in this country is stupid.
Guy who posts Euro Cup and World Cup ratings doesn’t think World Series ratings are relevant for baseball. In any case, none of your posts, links, etc were able to back up this statement….
Eurpoean soccer already gets better rating than Baseball and Hockey. It will pass basketball in the near future. But good try.
…because it’s completely false.

Someone once said, “do you know how to use the internet?”

Not to bust your smart-ass chops or anything, but four are walk-ons, one moved from D and Poplavski's been here forever due to injury.

Not like they went out and recruited nothing but TEs!
Unless you plan on playing 2 TE sets 50% of the time, 6 is simply too many scholarship TEs.

General rule of thumb is that you can have up to 4x the number of players at any position on scholarship (but you pretty much need to be a little below that). There's 11 guys on the field x 2 for offense and defense x 4 = 88 players, so 4x is actually a little high.

If you have 1 TE on the field for 100% of your offensive plays, you should have 4 TEs on scholarship. The only way it makes sense to have 6 TEs on scholarship is if you plan on running 2 TE sets 50% of the time, or you're really planning on converting 1 or 2 to OT.

Back