What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Official Fall Camp Thread

I've been watching some of the replays from last year on Pac12N to get ready for Friday. One overwhelming thing that sticks out every game, Quinn Perry is really swimming out there. He needs to have improved by leaps and bounds to see the field this year. I hope he has.

I have no inside knowledge here, but it is plausible that the coaching staff is actually trying to build depth by having some players at key positions prepare like they are a starter, and play a crap ton, against UNC....you know, so if they need to do it later in the season, it isn't completely foreign to them.

The alternative theories may also be true....

I have no inside knowledge here, but it is plausible that the coaching staff is actually trying to build depth by having some players at key positions prepare like they are a starter, and play a crap ton, against UNC....you know, so if they need to do it later in the season, it isn't completely foreign to them.

The alternative theories may also be true....
Entirely possible and plausible, but would be extremely a-typical.

Usually, you would roll out your starting unit. Get up 3-4 scores. Then swap in your backups. If that takes 4 straight drives then cool. If it takes a half then ok. But coming out of the chute that way is odd to say the least.

Last edited:
Entirely possible and plausible, but would be extremely a-typical.

Usually, you would role out your starting unit. Get up 3-4 scores. Then swap in your backups. If that takes 4 straight drives then cool. If it takes a half then ok. But coming out of the chute that way is odd to say the least.
This game is way different: Absolutely NO VIDs or "tape" on UNC!

Have the starters watch a series or two to see what Mustard Man and Offspring have actually planned and are running; discuss it on the sidelines and with guys in the booth; THEN send in the Ones!

Have the starters watch a series or two to see what Mustard Man and Offspring have actually planned and are running; discuss it on the sidelines and with guys in the booth; THEN send in the Ones!
IF we can't walk out on that field and soundly beat UNC with no film, and a bunch of our starters not playing, then we have bigger problems.

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

I don't understand why Mustafa couldn't play sooner. I know there's a certain number of practices he must participate in (non-Contact) before he can participate in contact. There's probably some number of contact practices after that before a game. But USC is a too long for a guy who's in football shape.

I don't understand why Mustafa couldn't play sooner. I know there's a certain number of practices he must participate in (non-Contact) before he can participate in contact. There's probably some number of contact practices after that before a game. But USC is a too long for a guy who's in football shape.
Maybe we could get Frosty to work ina few practices on the side for Mustafa.

I bet you complained about the presents you received at Christmas too.

More on the fan over-reaction to the Depth Chart:

The next time Howell challenges this staff on anything it'll be the very first time.

It's possible that the NCAA waiver that's allowing him to play after declaring for the draft and hiring an agent doesn't allow him to return immediately.

It's possible that the NCAA waiver that's allowing him to play after declaring for the draft and hiring an agent doesn't allow him to return immediately.
I doubt it's the waiver, but that a player must participate in a set number of practices prior to first game, and there's a requirement for the first several to be non-contact. I spent a few minutes looking for it and gave up.

Back