What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Offseason Thread

Before anyone gets offended, I was just messing around because someone was genuinely concerned about how to pronounce this kid’s name so people just started making stuff up.

Got the aTm ticket email. They’re going to allow purchase by priority number. So I went to the Buff Club site. That is the most ****ed up web site I’ve ever tried to navigate. I finally found the “link” to Priority Points, clicked it and it kept sending me to the page I was on.

Got the aTm ticket email. They’re going to allow purchase by priority number. So I went to the Buff Club site. That is the most ****ed up web site I’ve ever tried to navigate. I finally found the “link” to Priority Points, clicked it and it kept sending me to the page I was on.
tenor.gif

I get why this is funny, but I also appreciate the perspective of someone who played early in high school. I actually intended to do so, but our summer vacation extended beyond the start of practice.

I'm probably better off given as a freshman in HS I was 5'10" 180# and slow as ****. I would have been an OL center because coach would have been convinced I was going to be his all star OL "once I filled out".

Nope. I was done. That would have been tragic.

Point being, I appreciate anyone's perspective that played a lick of football, so thanks, @SeanMSan

I was way undersized at 5’11 and 180-190 my senior year. I was around 5’8”-5’9” and 160-ish my freshman and another inch added in height and about 5-8 lbs added my sophomore year. The only year that I felt that I was able to really play above my physical size was Junior year. Then I got snubbed the night before the Varsity/JV scrimmage, after finishing two-a-days, and the following week practicing with Varsity 1’s...then being I’d be playing as a JV team player...after seeing a few kids getting the varsity nod after practicing with the JV kids that week. I kind of blew that season off after that.

I never had the desire to play in college, mostly due to the anxiousness caused by the end of summer and going straight to practice after a long day at school those first few weeks in the heat and humidity of late August and early September.

I cannot blame anyone who were under 200 for not wanting to play in the trenches in HS ball . I played at 230 my junior year and I had to practice against someone who was 60 pounds heavier than me and was getting college offers (D2 I think). That was tough. Senior year on one play, I crushed the center, QB, and RB like dominoes from the NG position since the center was about 50 pounds lighter than I was. That play ended up setting the tone for the game as we blew them out 50-0 with the game being over early in the 3Q due to the 8-man mercy rule here in CO. Next game, a 300 pounder fell on my fully extended arm and I dislocated that elbow (popped it back in place on the sidelines). I didn’t miss any following games but I wasn’t as effective as a blocker the rest of the season. The pain didn’t go away until the following April. That is not to mention getting my bell rung a few times in practice that season.

I was approached to play D3 ball but I wasn’t interested after taking a beating like that in the trenches.

I cannot blame anyone who were under 200 for not wanting to play in the trenches in HS ball . I played at 230 my junior year and I had to practice against someone who was 60 pounds heavier than me and was getting college offers (D2 I think). That was tough. Senior year on one play, I crushed the center, QB, and RB like dominoes from the NG position since the center was about 50 pounds lighter than I was. That play ended up setting the tone for the game as we blew them out 50-0 with the game being over early in the 3Q due to the 8-man mercy rule here in CO. Next game, a 300 pounder fell on my fully extended arm and I dislocated that elbow (popped it back in place on the sidelines). I didn’t miss any following games but I wasn’t as effective as a blocker the rest of the season. The pain didn’t go away until the following April. That is not to mention getting my bell rung a few times in practice that season.

I was approached to play D3 ball but I wasn’t interested after taking a beating like that in the trenches.

My kids will never play football. Will let them play basketball or baseball or soccer.

Well, Eisenhower was a college football player and coach. So there’s that.
You can put me squarely in the camp of “There’s a reason WWI and WWII weren’t won until we stepped in.” Football. And I’m not joking.
Don’t forget the ski racers!! 10th mountain division is one of the cooler parts of American history in my unbiased opinion

I went to the A&M Spring game and I think Haynes King will be the starter this Fall at QB, mobile with a good arm. Their O-line isn't as good as last years but there were several that didn't play for various reasons plus they have some coming in the Fall. Their WRs are not that great from what I saw (drops and wrong routes) in that CU has the better. The DBs are decent not great. The D-line was decent but they do have good LBs & DE. Spiller and the TE are the main skilled players they do have a good backup to Spiller that showed well in the bowl game last year.
In summary I could see them being ranked in the top 15 to start the season. I'm not predicting a win for the Buffs but if we can block and QB play is there it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

I went to the A&M Spring game and I think Haynes King will be the starter this Fall at QB, mobile with a good arm. Their O-line isn't as good as last years but there were several that didn't play for various reasons plus they have some coming in the Fall. Their WRs are not that great from what I saw (drops and wrong routes) in that CU has the better. The DBs are decent not great. The D-line was decent but they do have good LBs & DE. Spiller and the TE are the main skilled players they do have a good backup to Spiller that showed well in the bowl game last year.
In summary I could see them being ranked in the top 15 to start the season. I'm not predicting a win for the Buffs but if we can block and QB play is there it's not beyond the realm of possibility.
I would suspect that aTm is near peak, and that the team will take on more and more traits of undisciplined football as this coaching regime gets more and more entrenched. Wish we were playing them next year (2022).

A&M wins by 17-21 points.

Texas A&M has a lot of question marks on offense. They have to replace 4 senior offensive linemen from last year and their starting QB. The receiving corp hasn’t produced well.

However, their defense will be filthy good. Easily the best defense CU will see all year.

Texas A&M has a lot of question marks on offense. They have to replace 4 senior offensive linemen from last year and their starting QB. The receiving corp hasn’t produced well.

However, their defense will be filthy good. Easily the best defense CU will see all year.
Catching them early is a good thing, then. We won't learn a lot from their tune up game against Kent, but then again, they won't learn a lot, either, from that game.

A&M will be a playoff team again if the QB play is equal to last year. Going to need something special

Back