What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Pac 12 Tourney thread- #3 seed Men's bball (Championship game vs. #5 seed OSU, scheduled Saturday, 3/13, 8:40 PM MT, ESPN)

Name me another tourney that uses multiple courts with overlapping time. I’ll wait.
Mine was a dumb post - mostly wanting to point out that none of the other leagues that have 12 or more teams schedule things so poorly for fans, and a 10:32 start could have been avoided.
(I went out for some Mexican food, had more Blue Moon than I should have, took a nap and woke up a bit stupid. Won't be the last time).

Who was that man in the CU sport's coat? Love seeing the pride.

Last edited:
Mine was a dumb post - mostly wanting to point out that none of the other leagues that have 12 or more teams schedule things so poorly for fans, and a 10:32 start could have been avoided.
(I went out for some Mexican food, had more Blue Moon than I should have, took a nap and woke up a bit stupid. Won't be the last time).

That's Dallas' dad, he's their biggest fan. Surprised Walton didn't point that out. He certainly pointed out Otis Thorpe.

Helps us how?
With NET rating assuming we win.

Best possible scenario for the Buffs is wins over USC and Oregon to win the PAC 12 tournament. That would likely garner a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament. Maybe as high as a 3 seed depending on how some other schools do.

You’re fine! I was right there with ya frustrated. I came on too strong. Go buffs!

I'm livid. I'm 100% I set my Hululive DVR to record that game specifically (I have CU in 'my teams' so it automatically records all games without me having to do each one, but it wasn't handling the tournaments well for any of my teams).

stayed up to watch VT lose last night, finished the Wisconsin game was all kinds of excited to watch CU while I finish off my Friday meetings.

nothing in the DVR for CU.
Pull it up through ESPN

Then use your Hulu login to access to the replay.

This leads to a rant that I know @Buffnik has had many times, as well as numerous other people like myself - Pac-12 officiating is hurting the league big picture too. The lack of consistent officiating, and the constant touch fouls, cause teams to adjust throughout the season. Then when we get to the dance and there are some mildly competent officials, P12 teams are so used to being bailed out that when they get hit with an old school Big East foul and it's not called they turtle.

Pac-12 officiating is literally killing the conference come March and April every damn year.
Yep. Consider recent Dance losses. Pitt from the jump & UConn in crunch time. When teams ratchet up guard pressure & aggressively trap, we can't deal with it because when that happens in the P12 (other than UA in Tucson) the whistle blows almost every possession. We're also soft finishing at the rim because we're playing to draw a touch foul instead of to score with no foul expectations.

But even worse than the soft basketball this leads to is that it's also inconsistent. Don't like the officiating? No worries. Just wait until the next game segment and they'll be calling it differently.

We have a learning curve in the tourney.

Oh, I'd argue that the pac is VERY consistent at finding refs in ALL sports.

They just aren't good at finding competent refs in ANY sport.

I've posted this ad nauseum on here-but basketball officials are provided by a group who also supports the WCC, MWC, WAC, and Big Sky.

I've posted this ad nauseum on here-but basketball officials are provided by a group who also supports the WCC, MWC, WAC, and Big Sky.
Yeah, and the same guys who suck in those conferences suck in the Pac 12. Tony Padilla is a flat out horrible official. The conference needs to step up and fix it.

With how vaccinations have been tied to either old age or significant wealth, I’m shocked that college basketball teams didn’t make getting their entire travel groups get vaccinated a priority.

Oregon is obviously better for the overall tournament resume. OSU is better for our chances to win a second tournament championship. Depends what your concern is.

This leads to a rant that I know @Buffnik has had many times, as well as numerous other people like myself - Pac-12 officiating is hurting the league big picture too. The lack of consistent officiating, and the constant touch fouls, cause teams to adjust throughout the season. Then when we get to the dance and there are some mildly competent officials, P12 teams are so used to being bailed out that when they get hit with an old school Big East foul and it's not called they turtle.

Pac-12 officiating is literally killing the conference come March and April every damn year.
I also think it contributes to how the conference is seen by pollsters and media. Watching last night's game was just ugly, and then off the back of the really touchy foul at the end of regulation in the USC game that shouldn't have been called; it's just a bad look for the league.

No one watched last night's games and said, "wow, that was good looking basketball, maybe USC and Colorado are a little underranked." Instead tonight's #23 v #24 matchup will provide a meager bump for the winner, and certify some doubts for the critics of the loser.

Yeah, and the same guys who suck in those conferences suck in the Pac 12. Tony Padilla is a flat out horrible official. The conference needs to step up and fix it.

Don't forget about Verne Harris and Randy McCall. They both suck. The conference needs to lead the charge, but the smaller leagues need to be involved here too.

How widespread do we feel this opinion of pac-12 refs is? read: what needs to happen for the new commissioner to overhaul the system

Back