What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Tournament thread

10 points is well within range.

Don't see the 3pt shooting going the same way in the 2nd half & the ****bailer front court is in foul trouble.

Gonzaga got back in it because they’re really good, but also because at the officials were letting Baylor be incredibly physical, then it flipped completely and they started blowing ticky-tack whistles. How about something in the middle? Also stop rewarding incredible physicality followed by a flop. ****bailer

On the refs, it's challenging because the 2 teams want to play such different styles. They're trying to balance it up, which leads to stretches of fouls on Baylor every possession and also leads to strings of possessions where Baylor gets away with mugging Gonzaga.

Zags have not had played a team this physical. They have struggled all night on the glass. Free throw shooting kept them 8n the game but they do not match up well with this bears team.

I didn't watch much of Gonzaga over the season, and through most of the tournament it didn't matter, but have they always been this defensively deficient?

It didn't seem this bad on Saturday, but then again they did give up 90 to a UCLA team not known for their offensive proficiency.

Gonzaga got back in it because they’re really good, but also because at the officials were letting Baylor be incredibly physical, then it flipped completely and they started blowing ticky-tack whistles. How about something in the middle? Also stop rewarding incredible physicality followed by a flop. ****bailer
How about calling it one damn way? It wouldn't hurt.

Hot takes in allbuffs after one game, I love it! Some nights it’s not your night. I’ve seen nba teams lose by 25 and win the 7 game series

I think I need to give up actually cheering for/against college basketball teams.

I managed to watch a total of 5 buff's games this year: they lost all 5.

Every game that I've watched where I cared who won or lost, the team I wanted to win lost or the team I wanted to lose won.

**** Baylor.

Baylor is so athletic and tenacious, but the refs are allowing way too much physical play. It takes away some of the skill factor. College BB has been in a slow progression to such play, maybe partly because the athletes have become so strong. Regardless Baylor has been the better team. Has it hurt Gonzaga to play in a weak conference?

This is gross.

I'm not sure I've been more frustrated by a game that didn't involve a CU loss.

I feel as though bayler's athletic department has gotten away with murder. And rape. And rape. And rape. And rape.

Why I passed on watching this. I don't want to admit to watching **** Bailer when a national title.

I hate ****bailer, but those dudes D you up and rebound well. Plus, it helps when you shoot like they did. Not talking about the players, the university.

Baylor wins a NC and Buffs haven't been to a Sweet 16 since the 60's. Sigh.
It can happen for the Buffs. They are closer than they have been since the 60s. There is a real foundation that has been built at CU now. All it will take is a good seeding heading into the tourney, and a good matchup in the first 2 games.

If it can happen in Waco, TX, it can happen in Boulder, CO.

The best team won.

What a great tournament! I know I'm a bit ignorant and don't know about all the great sporting tournaments in the world, but the NCAA basketball tourney tops my list and I'd put it up against anything that I haven't heard of worldwide.

Another good year and hopefully with things back to normal next year it will be extra special.

Back