What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Tournament thread

My dad and brother were going all in on the hot takes and saying that the way Gonzaga gets over the hump is to leave the WCC for the.... wait for it.... MWC.

I love them both to pieces, but wtf? I am not interested enough to look it up, but I can't imagine that the MWC is a substantial jump up in men's basketball competition on a yearly basis.

My dad and brother were going all in on the hot takes and saying that the way Gonzaga gets over the hump is to leave the WCC for the.... wait for it.... MWC.

I love them both to pieces, but wtf? I am not interested enough to look it up, but I can't imagine that the MWC is a substantial jump up in men's basketball competition on a yearly basis.
Are you talking about the MWC that went winless in this years tourney?

The MWC probably has more talent overall. Other than the Zags, there's basically two decent teams in their conference with BYU and Saint Marys.

Utah State, SDSU, UNLV, CSU, Boise, and New Mexico, Nevada SHOULD generally provide a tougher test than the WCC year to year. Obviously several of those teams are uncharacteristically bad lately.

Gonzaga got out athleted and it showed. Plus, ****bailer was hitting about everything. They play physical D too, and the refs let them do so. Gonzaga just looked flat as hell, couldn't rebound for **** either. It was the wrong night to have a bad one, but it wasn't all their doing. Styles make fights, yes, in basketball too.

Last edited:
Aw man, Kin and Tad hugging was in One Shining Moment and now someone is cutting Bill Rafterty’s onions in here.
That was gut wrenching again!

Baylor did not deserve to have a Basketball program ever again, and then deserved to lose their Football program! Yay Jim Nance 🤬🤬🤬

Not the way I wanted it, but I can't complain.

Win - 2 Team ParlayRisk $ 17.76 / To Win $ 45.63 / Odds +257
  • Point Spread4/5/21
    Baylor +4.5 (-115)Baylor (#1) @ Gonzaga (#1)(Game) Point SpreadBasketball - College Basketball Apr 05, 2021 07:20 PM MDTNCAA TOURNAMENT - Championship Game - At {Lucas Oil Stadium} - Indianapolis, IN

Dang you Jared Butler! Just saw an interview with this kid and he was impressive. I still stand by **** bailer, but Jared seems like an easy kid to root for.

Dang you Jared Butler! Just saw an interview with this kid and he was impressive. I still stand by **** bailer, but Jared seems like an easy kid to root for.
My hate for bayler has nothing to do with the student athletes (except the rapey, murderery ones) and everything to do with the lack of principles and the hypocrisy of the institution.

Does that perspective help?

My hate for bayler has nothing to do with the student athletes (except the rapey, murderery ones) and everything to do with the lack of principles and the hypocrisy of the institution.

That's the same perspective I have, which is why I said that I stood by my **** bailer, but I like it better when I have reason to lump the players in there as well (I see you, Brady Heslip, you little 3 point shooting freak!).

Tell you what, I heard some stats this morning that explains the ass whipping. Get this, Gonzaga lost the rebound battle either 34-17 or 34-13, it was one of them. The other, one ****ing guy on ****bailer had 8 offensive boards, Gonzaga had one total as a team. They got beat in about every category. Sucks, but it is what it is.

That's the same perspective I have, which is why I said that I stood by my **** bailer, but I like it better when I have reason to lump the players in there as well (I see you, Brady Heslip, you little 3 point shooting freak!).
**** that guy, I remember him. :D

Get over the hump? They've been in the final game two out of the last four tourneys. They're doing just fine.

Seems like that would help the MWC more than it would Gonzaga

Not fair to lump every one of them in with the rot but considering that ****bailor knowingly and willingly recruits players and accepts transfers of players who are known bad actors simply because to them winning is more important that integrity I don't have a problem lumping them all into the poo pile together.

Every school ends up with a few questionable individuals. It is part of what happens when young people are away from home for the first time in an environment full of other young people and the temptations that produces.

Ignoring and even encouraging this though is a different thing and that is what ****bailor has done repeatedly in pursuit of wins and at the expense of the innocent people who are the victims of it.

As a Christian it makes it even worse that they try to attach some kind of a religious value to what they do in the process. The University of Miami is a school that went all in for the win at all cost approach but they didn't try to pretend like they were on some moral high ground doing it.

Seems like that would help the MWC more than it would Gonzaga
Wouldn't raise Gonazaga's profile or status any. Would probably mean playing more games away from their alumni base which I am assuming is pretty concentrated on the west coast. Also would take them away from their prime recruiting areas.

Wouldn't raise Gonazaga's profile or status any. Would probably mean playing more games away from their alumni base which I am assuming is pretty concentrated on the west coast. Also would take them away from their prime recruiting areas.
Exactly. The lack of competition might be a negative impact on the Zags in some ways, but I don't see how a MWC move helps.

As a Baylor alum, that was enjoyable.
disgusted matilda GIF

Back