What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

Ya I think this too. My buddy with ASU AD connect says there is some booster and program support to try and poach Jonathan Smith from Beavers if plan A falls apart.

grain of salt though because Plan A was supposedly Rhule and that doesn’t seem likely if reporting about Rhule only taking a few select jobs is true.
I never really thought of Smith with ASU but that could be an absolute huge hire for them. They'd probably need to double his salary and have some massive incentives. Smith is an alum and absolutely loves OSU. Going to take a lot for them to pull Smith away

I like the hell outta Smith as a coach. that would surprise me, too. ASU doesn't seem the place. doesn't seem like a lake havasu fo-evahs guy.

I would love to have Rhule here toe on the line and prolly the market will bear his "only a few schools" dictum......but i'm not sure he's "earned" that yet.

guy has a W in the Texas Bowl. hooray.

both the guys before him and after him at Baylor won the Big XII.

47-43 as a college coach overall coming off sucking in the NFL.

i don't see him as a big shot, still a guy with something to prove.

take the CU job and prove it.

but if he think's his filet mingon....

we need a guy who wants to fight, something to prove.

carne asada....

not Chuck Fairbanks nursing NFL wounds....remodel his office and quit when it gets hard

I like the hell outta Smith as a coach. that would surprise me, too. ASU doesn't seem the place. doesn't seem like a lake havasu fo-evahs guy.

I would love to have Rhule here toe on the line and prolly the market will bear his "only a few schools" dictum......but i'm not sure he's "earned" that yet.

carne asada....

not Chuck Fairbanks nursing NFL wounds....remodel his office and quit when it gets hard
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

carne asada....

1665581957552.png

I’m sure he’s still a pretty attractive name, but did Matt Campbell wait too long to jump to a bigger job?
Maybe. He hit the ceiling at ISU. That's a program where an excellent coach will win 5-8 games a year with the occasional clunker and the occasional breakthrough year.

Unless a HC wants to stay at a job like that forever with total job security (nothing wrong with that, btw), then he has to jump when he's "hot" from a breakthrough year.

Fwiw, I think he's an excellent coach who would perform to the higher ceiling at a different program.

Maybe. He hit the ceiling at ISU. That's a program where an excellent coach will win 5-8 games a year with the occasional clunker and the occasional breakthrough year.

Unless a HC wants to stay at a job like that forever with total job security (nothing wrong with that, btw), then he has to jump when he's "hot" from a breakthrough year.

Fwiw, I think he's an excellent coach who would perform to the higher ceiling at a different program.
Yeah contrast him to Fickell who can go on dominating the AAC a little easier than trying to keep ISU relevant in the Big12.

If you believe reports, he turned down an 8 year, $68.5 contract with the Lions a couple years ago. Now he’s coaching a pretty bad ISU team this year. Nothing wrong with being happy where you are, but wonder if he has any regrets not jumping sooner?

Hopefully we get the coach we want inked before Auburn opens.
If Auburn wants someone badly enough, they'd steal our new coach like Miami did to Temple on Diaz.

I think our hiring criteria is very different this year, though. I believe that Auburn will go with a candidate who has deep southern roots and likely a connection to the program. Grimes wouldn't surprise me at all, but that may be the one overlap.

If Auburn wants someone badly enough, they'd steal our new coach like Miami did to Temple on Diaz.

I think our hiring criteria is very different this year, though. I believe that Auburn will go with a candidate who has deep southern roots and likely a connection to the program. Grimes wouldn't surprise me at all, but that may be the one overlap.
Grimes just doesn’t feel big enough for Auburn after the disaster of Harsin

Sounds like the school is content to let him ride out the season. Really not sure why though.

That would be odd if they let him finish the season when everyone knows he will be gone. Unless there's a big difference in his buyout amount if they let him finish the season but I haven't heard that to be the case.

I read that the school admin wants to get the new AD hired before making football moves. The new Athletic Director will likely fire him once he or she is in place.

carne asada....

VK Berlin…is this you?

The not-a-mucho happening yet update.

Open Jobs:

University of Colorado Golden Buffaloes:
I have already broken the organize by conference rule, but the departure of the worst CU coach ever, or even appearing in our worst nightmares, merits an exception. I won't recount all the news here, I refer you to @The Alabaster Yak 's "Official CU Head Coach Search" thread. Suffice it to say, everybody and their brother has an opinion, two of the more popular choices: Jeff Grimes, Bronco Mendenhall are drawing alot of bandwidth in that thread. Others include: Pat Fitzgerald, Jamey Chadwell, Ricky Rahne, [insert Dave Logan quip here], Blake Anderson and Tom Herman. Who will pants RG in contract negotiations this time? We will see as Dr. Phil and RG begin the process of figuring out how the landscape of CFB has changed since the Bush I administration. UPDATE: Rick George interviews at Auburn (h/t hawg, nik, yakster) could be the beginning of the new broom named Saliman sweeping clean.

PAC 12-

ASU-
Our friends in Tempe have tossed Herm aside. (h/t Jens) Matt Rhule (h/t ITB) a scary possibility. Dennis Dodd via (h/t Serenity) plucks Dowell Liggins as a name. In any event, a new Head Devil is on the way.

B1G-

kNU-
The big one. Our favorite corn cob, Scott Frost, had his job drug out the door and down the stairs like Lawrence Phillips' girlfriend. (h/t Jens) Mickey Joseph is interim (h/t White Rabbit). Who will be the next savior of the polyester red clan? Well, Matt Campbell (h/t ITB and yak), Bill O'Brien (h/t yak and chase), Luke Fickell (h/t chase), Lance Leipold, Chris Klieman, Mark Stoops (h/t yak), Jamey Chadwell (h/t Pacman) and (h/t offgridgopher) checks in with the crazy notion our own Eric Bieniemy would arrive in corn nation to set things right. This one should be fun. The level of corn delusion has them hiring everyone from Urban Meyer to Nick Saban.

Wiscy- Paul Chryst out (h/t Jens) Jim Leonhard interim. Along with Leonhard, Lance Leipold, Matt Campbell, Dave Aranda, DAve Doeren, Matt Rhule, Chris Peterson, and Dan Mullen are names (h/t yak). My money is on Leonhard.

CUSA-

UAB-
Bill Clark quietly resigns due to health issues.

ACC-

GT-
Geoff Collins is out (h/t nik and SewallBeach). Pete Thamel, via (h/t nik) names nearly everyone east of the Mississippi, and some to the west of it, as names: Chadwell, O'Brien, The Flying Monken brothers, both of them, Troy Calhoun, Bill Clark, Bronco Mendenhall, Chris Huff, Al Golden, etc.

Possibles-

Louisville-
Scott Satterfield not working and playing well with others. (h/t ahoelsken)

UT- Steve Sarkisian has put his Armenian love casita up for sale in Austin (h/t BuffsRising) and may be on the Big Cigar's hit list (h/t LesGoodman) UPDATE: Sark may have bought himself a reprieve with an absolute curb stomping of the Okies in the RRS (h/t Creebuzz)

aTm-
Jimbo Fisher has not won 12 games yet this year and the Aggies may be willing to mount a buyout large enough to purchase Zimbabwe to be rid of him. (h/t Jens)

Auburn- Sigh. The bi-annual firing of the Auburn coach is upon us again. (h/t yak) UPDATE: The AD search is on, Harsin a dead man walking (H/t Duff, nik, Yakker, hawg)

West Va-
(h/t yak) says they may be making a move, so I'll go along with that.

Mizzou- That App St. magic may not have followed Drinkwitz (h/t yak)

Stanford- Maybe Shaw has run his course? (h/t yak)

Stay tuned.

I’m arguing ole miss is a better job than auburn.

ole miss pays more

Ole miss is less likely to fire you

olemiss is not little brother in their state
And at ole Miss the rewards for winning are higher and the risks are lower.

Auburn fans have won the NC relatively recently. Fall short and you get questioned.

At Ole Miss win the division and the fans are excited, make a playoff and you are a coaching legend. Do the same at Auburn and the next year they expect more.

And at ole Miss the rewards for winning are higher and the risks are lower.

Auburn fans have won the NC relatively recently. Fall short and you get questioned.

At Ole Miss win the division and the fans are excited, make a playoff and you are a coaching legend. Do the same at Auburn and the next year they expect more.
I just got mtn’d

Back