What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

JSU is 7-0 so obviously Deion is doing a good job, but has anyone been paying attention to them or their league that can explain if they are actually legit and if Sanders is actually a good coach, or is their league ****ty and they’ve just acquired more talent than the rest?
The SWAC obviously isn’t that strong of a league. You have teams like Grambling, Alcorn State, Mississippi Valley State, etc. that have always had some talent and have produced some good NFL players over the years.

Prior to his arrival, the two previous coaches at Jackson State were 15-29 for a 0.340 winning percentage. Sanders has a 0.764 winning percentage. But, I am certain that the infusion of talent has played a role in his winning, but I’m also pretty sure the infusion of talent at Alabama helped Nick Saban win too.

As I’ve said before, Sanders has a reputation for being a solid person, really introspective and thoughtful, which belies the whole Primetime image.

Sanders would be a high risk candidate, but it would be a bold move by CU if he became head coach.

Last edited:
I’d be all for it as well, I am just wondering why every school (save for a few) in the country isn’t after him
Because most ADs are old white guys who don’t want a head coach who is bigger than the program. Unfortunately, while CU desperately needs someone like Sanders, the uncertainty surrounding the program and its support levels may is too big of an impediment. If he goes to a place with deep pockets, he could be a home run hire.

Last edited:
The SWAC obviously isn’t that strong of a league. You have teams like Grambling, Alcorn State, Mississippi Valley State, etc. that have always had some talent and have produced some good NFL teams over the years.

Prior to his arrival, the two previous coaches at Jackson State were 15-29 for a 0.340 winning percentage. Sanders has a 0.764 winning percentage. But, I am certain that the infusion of talent has played a role in his winning, but I’m also pretty sure the infusion of talent at Alabama helped Nick Saban win too.

As I’ve said before, Sanders has a reputation for being a solid person, really introspective and thoughtful, which belies the whole Primetime image.

Sanders would be a high risk candidate, but it would be a bold move by CU if he became head coach.
I'd love Sanders in Boulder but not happening.

The buyout is not believed to be prohibitive for any bigger school that decides they really want him.
Source? That would seem strange for a fully guaranteed contract. May indeed be true, but not sure this is a good move by Kiberty.

Source? That would seem strange for a fully guaranteed contract. May indeed be true, but not sure this is a good move by Kiberty.
Footballscoop had an article on it yesterday. No firsthand knowledge of the deal.

This is the same school whose former president was involved in a bizarre situationship alongside his wife and a twenty-something busboy…. Smart is not a part of the equation.

No details given since Liberty is private but sounds like the buyout wouldn't be enough to prevent a P5 program from hiring him. Plus the contract reportedly has a P5 buyout clause in it.

Seems like another lifetime since it's been that way. It was once upon a time. I admit I got spoiled seeing CU up there with all the better programs. I doubt I'm the only one. :cry: :mad:.
Just saw this stat: CU has posted a better than .500 record just twice in the last 17 years. In the previous 21 years, they were sub .500 just 3 times.

I still can’t believe the ****ty teams we trot out year after year due to those previous 21 years.

Just saw this stat: CU has posted a better than .500 record just twice in the last 17 years. In the previous 21 years, they were sub .500 just 3 times.

I still can’t believe the ****ty teams we trot out year after year due to those previous 21 years.
CU football is 54-103 since DiStephano became permanent chancellor in 2009 and in those 14 years has had 2 winning seasons with one being the 6 game COVID shortened season.

Over that same period we’ve had 5 head football coaches (plus 3 interims), 2 Athletic Directors, 3 CU Presidents, and we’ve been part of 2 different conferences.

There’s one constant in the downfall of CU football and the sooner that f**ker is gone, the better.

CU football is 54-103 since DiStephano became permanent chancellor in 2009 and in those 14 years has had 2 winning seasons with one being the 6 game COVID shortened season.

Over that same period we’ve had 5 head football coaches (plus 3 interims), 2 Athletic Directors, 3 CU Presidents, and we’ve been part of 2 different conferences.

There’s one constant in the downfall of CU football and the sooner that f**ker is gone, the better.
I could deal with this if someone could show me how Dr. Phil has in some other area enhanced the standing of the university, made it recognizably better at either the mission of teaching or research. So far the answer to that has been zero. He has been the person in charge in a period where across the board things have been sliding towards mediocracy, or worse.

First priority in not just athletics but overall is getting rid of him and putting somebody in that office who understands that leadership means aiming for excellence in what you do.

I'm confused? Bo Nix? Is this a joke tweet? He's a senior so I'm lost.
Face Palm GIF

Back