What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

People thinking Deion is out here coaching because he loves the grind and is passionate about it is hilarious. He's a showman. He's going to be the figurehead of a program, do the interviews, recruit his balls off, and be the biggest personality he can be. He's going to go somewhere that has the resources to pay for actually good coaches to do that part of the job.
So not the guy you want breaking down opponent’s film 18 hours a day?

It's insulting to coordinators and playcallers everywhere to think he is remotely qualified to actually be one at a higher level than high school, let alone the a wannabe blue blood national title contender.

Saban would never lose to a Deion Sanders coordinated offense or defense. However, Deion coming to Auburn as HC and having a blank check for assistants and recruiting staff would be interesting.

How is Deion an Offensive Coordinator? Or even a DC (which he at least has a background for)? He has at least been a HC. No way in hell he's taking a coaching job where it's not his show anyway. That's a dumb take from someone who has a very narrow and unrealistic POV.

Not only that, but given Kiffin's background on offense, he is not just giving the coordinator position to anyone.

Not only that, but given Kiffin's background on offense, he is not just giving the coordinator position to anyone.
Plus Lane loves the spotlight. He chafed under Saban. No way he's taking any job where he be expected to share the spotlight with one of his coordinators. It's a bad take on every level other than an ignorant fan dreaming of how cool it would be to have both Kiffin and Sanders repping the program he cheers for.

I posted it because of how insane it was. No rational person would believe a scenario like that would happen.

Every report from all interviews he’s given at P5 schools indicate that he gives extremely thorough assessments of the entirety of the program - including support staff, players, and schematics. Given his public personae, I think this surprises people. Nearly everyone who has interviewed him think that he can do it all.

Every report from all interviews he’s given at P5 schools indicate that he gives extremely thorough assessments of the entirety of the program - including support staff, players, and schematics. Given his public personae, I think this surprises people. Nearly everyone who has interviewed him think that he can do it all.
That doesn't surprise me in the least. As a player, he couldn't have performed at such an elite level (particularly right away after switching teams & systems) if he wasn't a student of the game with a very high football IQ. Anyone who thinks Deion's success is due solely to being a freak athlete is ignorant to the point of being offensive.

i think sanders is going to be a great coach somewhere in the sec where they give a **** about football.

as for us, phillip loves the path of least resistance, so:

1. retain sanford and staff on the cheap, and rg of course.
2. ignore support staff needs.
3. ignore academic changes needed.
4. ignore all structural problems.
5. hire a junior media person to flop out puff piece from inside the dal ward bunker.
6. pat himself on the back for "saving" money and "protecting" the academic integrity of CU.
7. ride off into the sunset with his retirement before the posse comes for the set-up-to-fail new hc sanford.

whatever will be left will be a permanently broken shell of a football program. there will no resources, ideas, or even desire to fix or fund it amongst the entire community, but, CU will keep a "program" so it doesn't breach its new pac contract. and there it will languish and suffer and fail before the next major round of realignment. that will not include CU. CU will drop football and most people will barely remember what once was.

People thinking Deion is out here coaching because he loves the grind and is passionate about it is hilarious. He's a showman. He's going to be the figurehead of a program, do the interviews, recruit his balls off, and be the biggest personality he can be. He's going to go somewhere that has the resources to pay for actually good coaches to do that part of the job.
He's 'Showtime' or 'Primetime' so ...yes

i think sanders is going to be a great coach somewhere in the sec where they give a **** about football.

as for us, phillip loves the path of least resistance, so:

1. retain sanford and staff on the cheap, and rg of course.
2. ignore support staff needs.
3. ignore academic changes needed.
4. ignore all structural problems.
5. hire a junior media person to flop out puff piece from inside the dal ward bunker.
6. pat himself on the back for "saving" money and "protecting" the academic integrity of CU.
7. ride off into the sunset with his retirement before the posse comes for the set-up-to-fail new hc sanford.

whatever will be left will be a permanently broken shell of a football program. there will no resources, ideas, or even desire to fix or fund it amongst the entire community, but, CU will keep a "program" so it doesn't breach its new pac contract. and there it will languish and suffer and fail before the next major round of realignment. that will not include CU. CU will drop football and most people will barely remember what once was.
Which is why PD should not have anything to do with directing RG on this hire. Saliman better be the one setting the criteria & budget and the guy ruling on any demands for university support made by candidates in negotiations. If it's PD doing that again, we are fvcked.

Which is why PD should not have anything to do with directing RG on this hire. Saliman better be the one setting the criteria & budget and the guy ruling on any demands for university support made by candidates in negotiations. If it's PD doing that again, we are fvcked.
Feel like what little I've seen coming out of there says thats the case. Adam has an update on 247 in that regard I read today that looked like another step in the right direction.

Footballscoop said Jeff Monken is getting run at Nebraska.

Last edited:
SIAP but Mickey Joseph rumored to ASU and Nebraska.

Never been a coordinator. Would LOL

Ideal for us.

Rumors of Joseph to ASU cause the corn faithful to panic.

Trev Alberts under pressure from the fans and the donors decides that he can't afford to lose his "top" candidate."

To make sure they don't lose him Nebraska offers him an "elite" level contract with $80-100 million guaranteed over 8-10 years.

See Scott Frost, repeat.

Feel like what little I've seen coming out of there says thats the case. Adam has an update on 247 in that regard I read today that looked like another step in the right direction.

Footballscoop said Jeff Monken is getting run at Nebraska.

Yup. I’ve heard that this is Saliman’s show too. Good news. And that one way or another, RG is on his way out.

I agree with that and I’m just not convinced that Auburn is a better job. My guess is that Ole Miss would be able to match any Auburn offer.

Lane has been openly frustrated with the lack of NIL funds at Ole Miss and that won't be an issue at Auburn. He has also complained about fans not showing up for an 11am game in a much smaller stadium than Auburn. Bottom line is he'd have far more resources at Auburn.

As far as Ole Miss potentially matching say a $10 million offer, the state of Mississippi has a 4 year limit on contracts for state employees. Alabama has no such limitation.

Thamel on Gameday says Auburn’s primary candidates are Freeze, Rhule, Kiffin and O’Brien
I was just reading GT boards. Insiders saying Deion isn't a candidate there either and won't get an interview. The top 3 seem to be O'Brien, Jamey Chadwell and Bill Clark. Any of those 3 would be very hard to argue with. But I'm surprised at the lack of Deion interest, since it's pretty much a lock that he'd immediately rival UGA to own Atlanta / GA recruiting & media. I'm not sure any other candidate can do that quickly.

I was just reading GT boards. Insiders saying Deion isn't a candidate there either and won't get an interview. The top 3 seem to be O'Brien, Jamey Chadwell and Bill Clark. Any of those 3 would be very hard to argue with. But I'm surprised at the lack of Deion interest, since it's pretty much a lock that he'd immediately rival UGA to own Atlanta / GA recruiting & media. I'm not sure any other candidate can do that quickly.
I don’t think many bigger programs want to be the Guinea pig for the Deion experiment at the P5 level, when they can go after guys like Freeze, Kiffin, O’Brien, Rhule, Chadwell, etc.

Maybe CU would be willing to be that Guinea pig and RG decides to go all in on recruiting. Prime also has an affiliation with Barstool Sports and I think he could easily leverage them for NIL and wouldn’t require a massive collective run by a big booster network.

I get that’s a fantasy, but that’s how I would try to pitch him to come to Boulder. I know people here hate barstool, but the publicity that would come with them and Prime would be massive and attract recruits from all over

Good news for us

Bill Clark is curious. He "retired" from UAB with back problems. Maybe "retire" doesn't mean what I think it means.

Bill Clark is curious. He "retired" from UAB with back problems. Maybe "retire" doesn't mean what I think it means.
GT boards saying that was an excuse due to frustrations with UAB administrators and that health is a non-issue. I don't know, but the dude can coach.

I don’t think many bigger programs want to be the Guinea pig for the Deion experiment at the P5 level, when they can go after guys like Freeze, Kiffin, O’Brien, Rhule, Chadwell, etc.

Maybe CU would be willing to be that Guinea pig and RG decides to go all in on recruiting. Prime also has an affiliation with Barstool Sports and I think he could easily leverage them for NIL and wouldn’t require a massive collective run by a big booster network.

I get that’s a fantasy, but that’s how I would try to pitch him to come to Boulder. I know people here hate barstool, but the publicity that would come with them and Prime would be massive and attract recruits from all over
Could you imagine if CU went all in and made recruiting easier and got Primetime to be the next HC ?
Can you say national exposure?
Top 25 recruiting classes from the get go?
Damn. What a dream.

Would he? GT admissions prevent getting top classes.

If he wants to take Georgia on in recruiting, the job to pursue is Auburn. When Auburn is good/great, Georgia is basically in-state recruiting.
Much harder with Tennessee rolling since they live & die by GA recruiting too. I think Auburn is in a tough spot with both the Vols and Clemson being great right now.

Back