What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Offseason Thread

Saw this come through my email and figured it was an article by a local writer doing something for the Athletic, but clicking on it and it's a national piece by Mandel. I don't have a sub, so can't read through it. Maybe someone can post it in Barzil (or here, whatever) if you're so inclined.

Saw this come through my email and figured it was an article by a local writer doing something for the Athletic, but clicking on it and it's a national piece by Mandel. I don't have a sub, so can't read through it. Maybe someone can post it in Barzil (or here, whatever) if you're so inclined.

Having lived it, I don't want to read about it.

I haven't read it, but the question should be posed to, and answered by, Dr. Phil.

Fair. Accurate.

Mods - delete if needed: https://textuploader.com/t14yd

I can definitely empathize with those that experience a phantom limb phenomenon.

Daily, I find myself accidentally checking to see if there’s any news on the CU football team. Daily, I remember there are no promising updates (or really any updates of any kind) and we don’t have a team for our enjoyment. In the back of my mind I can faintly call upon the fond memories of what having a football team was like

Oh well, back to more lively subjects like taxes and teardrop camper conversions

I can definitely empathize with those that experience a phantom limb phenomenon.

Daily, I find myself accidentally checking to see if there’s any news on the CU football team. Daily, I remember there are no promising updates (or really any updates of any kind) and we don’t have a team for our enjoyment. In the back of my mind I can faintly call upon the fond memories of what having a football team was like

Oh well, back to more lively subjects like taxes and teardrop camper conversions

I found a substitute.....
Manchester City Emotion GIF by Gatorade

Everything I'm hearing and reading about TCU has me really worried about that game. A month ago I would have called it a toss up simply because it's a home opener. Now I'm thinking that line may be 5-6 to the Horned Frogs.

From one of the kool-aid articles from cubuffs.com:

"The great thing about what we're doing schematically is we're not going to pigeon-hole ourselves into being 'This is all we do. These are the 12 concepts we run out of the four formations we run,'" he said. "There's going to be multiplicity and the offense is going to be malleable as the year goes on. We're going to study NFL teams and we're going to study trends and we'll keep growing it as the season goes on."

CU's staff hasn't taken a slow approach with installing the new scheme. Rather, they have turned on the firehose of information.

"We've thrown a ton at them and we're going to keep doing it," Sanford said. "We're making them learn conceptually … We threw everything at them in the first three weeks. Now we're putting more pressure on them to do certain concepts in completely different formations or completely different personnel groupings."

Sanford said he's been pleased with the progression of his quarterbacks, who must learn to process "active progressions" in the pocket. It is a system, he said, that encourages and enhances the opportunity for every eligible receiver on every pass play — a system that also makes sure every wide receiver, tight end and running back knows the ball could come their way on every play.

"Through the first three (spring) practices, the wide receivers caught 29 balls, the tight ends caught 25 balls, the running backs caught like 20," Sanford said. "Our quality control crew did a great job of getting that information to me. I showed our guys, 'This is how we're built.'"

Sanford said incumbent starter Brendon Lewis is adapting quickly.

"He's playing at a really high level right now," Sanford said. "He's operating a complex system and he's doing it well. He's spending extra time, he's taking charge of the offense, he's making really good, fast decisions, which was clearly a growth area for him."

My question is after what loss do we read "We've simplified the offense, slowed it down for them with a core group of plays, going forward you will see much different results"

"The great thing about what we're doing schematically is we're not going to pigeon-hole ourselves into being 'This is all we do. These are the 12 concepts we run out of the four formations we run,'" he said. "There's going to be multiplicity and the offense is going to be malleable as the year goes on. We're going to study NFL teams and we're going to study trends and we'll keep growing it as the season goes on."

CU's staff hasn't taken a slow approach with installing the new scheme. Rather, they have turned on the firehose of information.

"We've thrown a ton at them and we're going to keep doing it," Sanford said. "We're making them learn conceptually … We threw everything at them in the first three weeks. Now we're putting more pressure on them to do certain concepts in completely different formations or completely different personnel groupings."

Sanford said he's been pleased with the progression of his quarterbacks, who must learn to process "active progressions" in the pocket. It is a system, he said, that encourages and enhances the opportunity for every eligible receiver on every pass play — a system that also makes sure every wide receiver, tight end and running back knows the ball could come their way on every play.

"Through the first three (spring) practices, the wide receivers caught 29 balls, the tight ends caught 25 balls, the running backs caught like 20," Sanford said. "Our quality control crew did a great job of getting that information to me. I showed our guys, 'This is how we're built.'"

"He's playing at a really high level right now," Sanford said. "He's operating a complex system and he's doing it well. He's spending extra time, he's taking charge of the offense, he's making really good, fast decisions, which was clearly a growth area for him."

My question is after what loss do we read "We've simplified the offense, slowed it down for them with a core group of plays, going forward you will see much different results"
Translation: we will not have an identity on offense.

Eh, outside of a handful of programs that pigeon hole themselves into one specific thing and limit their upside, who has an identity on offense? What’s Alabama’s identity? Being really good in all phases with elite players? Ok

We never do. The answer over several coaching staffs is always “multiple” like it’s some groundbreaking solution. Then at the end of the season we always have a fall guy and talk about how we’re “condensing the playbook” and really “letting the kids play instead of think”

We just want some bowl games. Idgaf if the patriots can play “multiple” with professionals that have unlimited time. Sure maybe you need that to be the best. Most of us just want to break .500 so it’d be nice if someone would remove head from ass and try to actually get good at one discipline

If you have garbage players you need a good identity or some defining characteristic to recruit to. You don’t just play the exact same game with worse inputs at every level

Eh, outside of a handful of programs that pigeon hole themselves into one specific thing and limit their upside, who has an identity on offense? What’s Alabama’s identity? Being really good in all phases with elite players? Ok
Alabama is one of the few programs that can run NFL concepts and truly be multiple because they line up superior talent at almost every position. CU will never have that. We brought in a new OC this year and his scheme is what? That first paragraph in the article smacks of “we will throw s**t against the wall until something works”. Great.

I've read and re-read what Sanford has said and it just get's worse when I do. "We're going to have a hodgepodge of horse**** and throw it nonstop at our undermanned and undercoached offensive players until they are more confused than they already were."

I'm trying to be a little bit optimistic about 2022 but when you read stuff like this it's just.......AHHHGGGG.....!

Coach Speak Vomit everywhere. Great, now I have to clean my shoes after reading that.

Alabama is one of the few programs that can run NFL concepts and truly be multiple because they line up superior talent at almost every position. CU will never have that. We brought in a new OC this year and his scheme is what? That first paragraph in the article smacks of “we will throw s**t against the wall until something works”. Great.
Are you looking for CU to run some kind of specific offense? Air Raid, Double Wing, Wisconsin style I-Formation, etc? If that’s what you want then I can get behind that, but 90% of college football programs don’t run something like that and it’s all the same stuff. I just think the cliched “identity” Is overplayed

My expectations from Sanford are that he please not screw the players up further.

Back