What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Offseason Thread

Buff Club members can hang with him in Santa Monica next month. I got this email invite recently, but I'm going to pass. I don't have enough vomit to sit there and listen to RG and KD talk about how we're heading in the right direction.

Colorado Athletics is heading to Santa Monica in May, and we’d love for you to be there! Join Rick George, Karl Dorrell, and Tad Boyle at the JW Marriott Santa Monica (1740 Ocean Ave/Santa Monica) on Tuesday, May 10th, at 6:30 p.m. for a night of Buffs cheer, heavy hors d’oeuvres, and cocktails.

As we look to grow our Colorado family in Southern California, we invite you to bring your Buffs network, friends, and family with you to the event.

Please RSVP to Pamela Dadaos (Pamela.Dadaos@colorado.edu, 303-492-0145) by May 2nd.

Hope to see you soon – Go Buffs!

Leon Jackson III | Senior Associate AD/Assistant Vice Chancellor for Advancement

Buff Club | Department of Intercollegiate Athletics | The University of Colorado Boulder
I am reading too much into it, but noticed no Phil D.

Spring Showcase showed an online that is porous. And that was against a defense that was at the lower end of the rankings last year. Sanford will be trying whatever he can to be productive with that fact.
How many on oline are legit Pac-12 caliber starters? 5?

SIAP but random takeaway is that Kopp seemed way behind Shrout and Lewis. We heard basically 0 buzz for him all spring. If he was any good he would have likely flashed

Okay. How many of those guys would start for an average P5 team. I’m thinking Sneed, OL Brown, Sami. That’s it

Maybes: Safety Lewis, Lang.

Am I missing any? Sami is the sole Pac-12 returning honorable mention guy.

I don’t see how some of you are predicting 3 or 4 wins. Not without some wild stuff happening in games.

Okay. How many of those guys would start for an average P5 team. I’m thinking Sneed, OL Brown, Sami. That’s it

I don’t see how some of you are predicting 3 or 4 wins. Not without some wild stuff happening in games.
3 wins is achievable. 4 is the very high ceiling. The 3 would likely be one of the non-con games (TCU or AFA) and Cal and ASU at home. A 4th is possibly picking off UA on the road. There it is, that's it.

Talent alone, sure. But Karl will attempt to muck-up games. When that happens, teams win in undeserved ways. That’s why I think this team wins 2-4 depending upon whether or not the other teams play down to our level.

I would say, if you look at guys on the roster who could play now for an average P12 team, there are more.

On D I would say Lang, Sami, Guy Thomas, Robert Barnes, I. Lewis and maybe T. Woods. If Bethel were healthy, I would imagine he could too.

On O, Brady Russell, RJ Sneed, a healthy Filip (he looked bad last year and again in the spring showcase, which I attribute to the injury bug), Wiley, if he played G, which seems a more natural fit for him, Brown the t-fer from Bama, and drum roll, Brenden Lewis. If you don't think AZ, at a minimum would take him you are nuts. I am probably in the minority, but I still think he has the talent to be a good P12 QB.

CU has a thin veneer of talent starting, but nothing behind them. It is going to be a long year.

I would say, if you look at guys on the roster who could play now for an average P12 team, there are more.

On D I would say Lang, Sami, Guy Thomas, Robert Barnes, I. Lewis and maybe T. Woods. If Bethel were healthy, I would imagine he could too.

On O, Brady Russell, RJ Sneed, a healthy Filip (he looked bad last year and again in the spring showcase, which I attribute to the injury bug), Wiley, if he played G, which seems a more natural fit for him, Brown the t-fer from Bama, and drum roll, Brenden Lewis. If you don't think AZ, at a minimum would take him you are nuts. I am probably in the minority, but I still think he has the talent to be a good P12 QB.

CU has a thin veneer of talent starting, but nothing behind them. It is going to be a long year.
You are much more optimistic than I am, my friend. It’s possible some of the guys take massive leaps forward, but based on ‘21, I don’t see it.

You are much more optimistic than I am, my friend. It’s possible some of the guys take massive leaps forward, but based on ‘21, I don’t see it.
Maybe, but when you look at even my optimistic take, that 5 on D and 6 on O. A recipe for a long, difficult year.

I agree and some of this is projection but I also think the young CBs who flashed last year (Reed and Moore) are going to be solid players. I also think Ramon Jefferson is going to be a good player.

Also forgetting about MLC and Chase Penry.

I agree with you there is starting talent on this team, but the depth is pretty bad at most positions.

de Laura at UofA is much better than Lewis, so I don't think they'd make that trade. Just sayin'

I agree and some of this is projection but I also think the young CBs who flashed last year (Reed and Moore) are going to be solid players. I also think Ramon Jefferson is going to be a good player.

Also forgetting about MLC and Chase Penry.

I agree with you there is starting talent on this team, but the depth is pretty bad at most positions.
I really like Penry. But I was limiting myself to people I think would start now. Penry probably will rise to that level. IMO, he probably needs another year or two before he would fit the above limitation. I do like what I have seen so far. I just have not seen enough of MLC, but again, a guy who will be pretty good a year or two from now.

Reed and Moore, don't know yet, other than Reed is small.

de Laura at UofA is much better than Lewis, so I don't think they'd make that trade. Just sayin'
Well, I did not know de Laura transferred to AZ, but I was not all that impressed by him at WSU last year. He is definitely an upgrade for AZ where they were practically at the point of pulling someone out of the student section to take snaps.

Arizona would not take Lewis. They got Jayden De Laura from WSU in the offseason. Lewis would not come close to starting for another P5 team.

Maybe 3 guys on this team could play for another P5 team and Lewis is not one of them. If he starts, we'll be lucky to win a game.

Well, I did not know de Laura transferred to AZ, but I was not all that impressed by him at WSU last year. He is definitely an upgrade for AZ where they were practically at the point of pulling someone out of the student section to take snaps.
The kid won Pac12 offensive freshman of the year, so….I’d take him over Lewis everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Outside of Terrance Lang is there one player on the roster who even be invited to camp as an undrafted FA over the next four years?

I think we have some receivers who could probably make several P5 squads.

I presume this is a little because of no other options on depth and a roster that Dorrell likes

I presume this is a little because of no other options on depth and a roster that Dorrell likes

The guys who are left got a vision of reality from those who already entered. Only 5 ended up at P5 schools out of 23.

Who is left (other than maybe Lang) that would even get a look from other P5 programs. For a lot of these guys it is stay at CU or go FCS.

Back