What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Offseason Thread

Are you looking for CU to run some kind of specific offense? Air Raid, Double Wing, Wisconsin style I-Formation, etc? If that’s what you want then I can get behind that, but 90% of college football programs don’t run something like that. I just think the cliched “identity” Is overplayed
Honestly it starts with recruiting. What is our recruiting strategy for an offense that is not sure what it wants to be good at?

I want to see a team that wants to focus on recruiting the trenches and utilizing the altitude, an uptempo offense, and power running game to wear teams down. Or tell me we value speed and we’re going to outrun teams, spread them out and use misdirection. Or tell me we’re a ball control offense that will be opportunistic about taking deep shots to keep teams honest and open running lanes. Something, anything other than “we’re not committing to anything and we’ll incorporate trends mid season to see what works”.

Needing a QC assistant to tell him where passes are being thrown doesn’t sound like a guy who is dictating a deliberate offensive strategy. “Hey look guys, we threw a third of our passes to the RBs, we’re so versatile!” Oof.

I've read and re-read what Sanford has said and it just get's worse when I do. "We're going to have a hodgepodge of horse**** and throw it nonstop at our undermanned and undercoached offensive players until they are more confused than they already were."

I'm trying to be a little bit optimistic about 2022 but when you read stuff like this it's just.......AHHHGGGG.....!
I especially liked "We're going to study NFL teams"

So the new rule where a team can appeal a second-half targeting call, to allow the ejected player to return in the first half of the next game of the penalty is overturned - how is that going to work fairly?
- say player gets called for targeting. 15 yard penalty assessed. Player ejected. Other team ends up winning.
- Then, after the game later in the week ejected player’s team appeals, wins appeal, and is allowed to return - what happens to the portion of the game that was affected by that play? I have seen plenty of instances where a targeting call made a significant difference in the game.

So the new rule where a team can appeal a second-half targeting call, to allow the ejected player to return in the first half of the next game of the penalty is overturned - how is that going to work fairly?
- say player gets called for targeting. 15 yard penalty assessed. Player ejected. Other team ends up winning.
- Then, after the game later in the week ejected player’s team appeals, wins appeal, and is allowed to return - what happens to the portion of the game that was affected by that play? I have seen plenty of instances where a targeting call made a significant difference in the game.
Sometimes you get screwed by officiating errors. I'm getting to the point where I'd rather not have any reviews and go back to living with human error on calls instead of chunking up game flow.

I'd love for college games to only take 3 hours and I'm willing to give up some stuff to get there.

They’re saving the youth excuse for later. “We threw a lot of stuff at these young guys. I’m proud of the effort they’ve put in and I think we are set up for a great season once we all can play fast without thinking. They’re still thinking too much, but as they mature, that will improve”

Rinse. Repeat.

Sometimes you get screwed by officiating errors. I'm getting to the point where I'd rather not have any reviews and go back to living with human error on calls instead of chunking up game flow.

I'd love for college games to only take 3 hours and I'm willing to give up some stuff to get there.
Everyone wants perfection and can't deal with a wrong call, or even the right call, but went against their team. Ultimately, reviewing everything would save more time and complaining.

Be like NFL:
1. don't stop clock on 1st downs
2. Cut 8 minutes off half time

Went to the range to work on my game. A guy at the ball dispenser had a School of Mines golf bag. He was in his 50’s. I asked him what his connection with Mines is. “I used to be the head football coach.” It was Bob Stitt, :ROFLMAO:

Nice guy. He’s out of coaching. He tried returning to Mines after Montana but didn’t get hired. He tried really hard to get hired by Dorrell. Apparently he knows Sanford pretty well. That didn’t work out.

He did say you have to give KD some time and that they screwed him by forcing him to keep Chev. The same thing happened to him at Montana with the DC.

He is a consultant these days. Kind of a talent scout for HS players. He says he specializes in finding under the radar talent. He works with 5 or 6 programs doing that.

Oh, and his son will be attending CU next year. Nothing sports related. He was a very nice guy.

Went to the range to work on my game. A guy at the ball dispenser had a School of Mines golf bag. He was in his 50’s. I asked him what his connection with Mines is. “I used to be the head football coach.” It was Bob Stitt, :ROFLMAO:

Nice guy. He’s out of coaching. He tried returning to Mines after Montana but didn’t get hired. He tried really hard to get hired by Dorrell. Apparently he knows Sanford pretty well. That didn’t work out.

He did say you have to give KD some time and that they screwed him by forcing him to keep Chev. The same thing happened to him at Montana with the DC.

He is a consultant these days. Kind of a talent scout for HS players. He says he specializes in finding under the radar talent. He works with 5 or 6 programs doing that.

Oh, and his son will be attending CU next year. Nothing sports related. He was a very nice guy.
I met Stitt over a beer or two in the Club Room years ago for a CU basketball game. Seemed like a good dude. Very easy to hang around. I liked him.

Enough about football. Is he a stick?

Seriously, it’s cool that you ran into him. Not too surprising to me that he would advocate for a coach like KD getting more time. Kind of the coaches code.

Has there ever been a coach who ever said anything different than a fellow coach just needs more time?

Has there ever been a coach who ever said anything different than a fellow coach just needs more time?
The only exceptions are A) when the coach either wants the other guys job or wants it for one of his assistants. B) the coaches are feuding over something like a recruit or C) when the coach in question has been regularly beating the coach being discussed.

This is just a little thing, but in an era of CFB where Head Coaches are the stars of the sport, it annoys me that we have a Head Coach who does absolutely zero self-promotion. The entire staff except him is represented here. Why? I get it's a recruiting tweet about keeping in-state kids home, but why exclude the guy at the top? I was so pumped about the program doing constant campaigns to promote Tucker over social media, and it's sad to see that we have seemingly gone the exact opposite direction.

This is just a little thing, but in an era of CFB where Head Coaches are the stars of the sport, it annoys me that we have a Head Coach who does absolutely zero self-promotion. The entire staff except him is represented here. Why? I get it's a recruiting tweet about keeping in-state kids home, but why exclude the guy at the top? I was so pumped about the program doing constant campaigns to promote Tucker over social media, and it's sad to see that we have seemingly gone the exact opposite direction.

Meh. KD has been promoted in several outreach events lately. He’s not a “big” personality. Probably shouldn’t try to be one if you aren’t one.

Did you see him on the sideline interviews at the spring showcase? Dude looked like he had just drank an entire bottle of NyQuil. Makes Jeb Bush seem energetic.

Meh. KD has been promoted in several outreach events lately. He’s not a “big” personality. Probably shouldn’t try to be one if you aren’t one.
I think he's done the bare minimum since he arrived in this regard and I don't think that's enough in today's CFB. Not only that, but I think he comes across poorly in media sessions. Whatever the program is doing in terms of promoting him as the HC of the program, it's not enough, IMO.

I guess they are employing the strategy of 'put your best foot forward'? Or possibly 'don't remind people of your ugly wart of a head coach'.

Buff Club members can hang with him in Santa Monica next month. I got this email invite recently, but I'm going to pass. I don't have enough vomit to sit there and listen to RG and KD talk about how we're heading in the right direction.

Colorado Athletics is heading to Santa Monica in May, and we’d love for you to be there! Join Rick George, Karl Dorrell, and Tad Boyle at the JW Marriott Santa Monica (1740 Ocean Ave/Santa Monica) on Tuesday, May 10th, at 6:30 p.m. for a night of Buffs cheer, heavy hors d’oeuvres, and cocktails.

As we look to grow our Colorado family in Southern California, we invite you to bring your Buffs network, friends, and family with you to the event.

Please RSVP to Pamela Dadaos (Pamela.Dadaos@colorado.edu, 303-492-0145) by May 2nd.

Hope to see you soon – Go Buffs!

Leon Jackson III | Senior Associate AD/Assistant Vice Chancellor for Advancement

Buff Club | Department of Intercollegiate Athletics | The University of Colorado Boulder

Buff Club members can hang with him in Santa Monica next month. I got this email invite recently, but I'm going to pass. I don't have enough vomit to sit there and listen to RG and KD talk about how we're heading in the right direction.

Colorado Athletics is heading to Santa Monica in May, and we’d love for you to be there! Join Rick George, Karl Dorrell, and Tad Boyle at the JW Marriott Santa Monica (1740 Ocean Ave/Santa Monica) on Tuesday, May 10th, at 6:30 p.m. for a night of Buffs cheer, heavy hors d’oeuvres, and cocktails.

As we look to grow our Colorado family in Southern California, we invite you to bring your Buffs network, friends, and family with you to the event.

Please RSVP to Pamela Dadaos (Pamela.Dadaos@colorado.edu, 303-492-0145) by May 2nd.

Hope to see you soon – Go Buffs!

Leon Jackson III | Senior Associate AD/Assistant Vice Chancellor for Advancement

Buff Club | Department of Intercollegiate Athletics | The University of Colorado Boulder
A squeaky fart at an American legion bingo night buffet has more charisma than Karl

Spring Showcase showed an online that is porous. And that was against a defense that was at the lower end of the rankings last year. Sanford will be trying whatever he can to be productive with that fact.

Wouldn't it be something if an actual fan asked the questions to RG and KD that the beat reporters won't?

Spring Showcase showed an online that is porous. And that was against a defense that was at the lower end of the rankings last year. Sanford will be trying whatever he can to be productive with that fact.
Musk’ll fix it.

Back