What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow. TBH, I have no idea who, but I was pretty sure we would see more players leaving. Unfortunately, it appears that is a true statement. I suspect we will see more.

I had pretty much already stopped going to the games, I still watch on TV. It is really hard to imagine what it would take to get me back to ticket/gear buying mode.

Understanding the mentality that runs the University is very difficult for me. I cannot identify with it, and I certainly have zero motivation to support it.

It is a mess, not ideal. I expect more departures. But there is also an opportunity to turn over a roster that won 4 games last season.

Best high school game I've watched in years a few weeks ago. Collins Hill (GA state Champ) vs Graham-Kapowsin (WA. state champ).
Collins had Hunter (Jacksonville State commit) he didn't disappoint..the sleeper was Graham's QB Joshua Wood (committed to Eastern Washington). Wood could start for a bunch of power 5s, Collin's QB (Tenn. commit) showed well but not on the same level.
I didn't think WA. high school football was that much better than CO. I know better now.
Two really good high school players committing to sub P5 schools and not for NIL money.

We are going to struggle to find starters in the Portal. People don't want to be here. We are going have a net talent loss in the Portal. 10000% guarantee it.
This. I can't like it but it is true.

What we are seeing is than not only do we have a coaching staff that can't/won't recruit at a competitive level but that also can't sell the players already here on a vision that gives them a reason to stay.

Without significant changes we are going to be a program populated entirely with players who are here because they don't have other options.

This. I can't like it but it is true.

What we are seeing is than not only do we have a coaching staff that can't/won't recruit at a competitive level but that also can't sell the players already here on a vision that gives them a reason to stay.

Without significant changes we are going to be a program populated entirely with players who are here because they don't have other options.
I mean, we're pretty much that right now. How many guys on this team could put their name in the portal and move to another P5 team?

I'll give KD this. I'll offer up a positive in our eternal winter of despair.

He talks about being a teacher. He talks about coaching guys up. With no sense of sarcasm his staff did one of the more impressive things I have seen in recent memory...they taught Daniel Arias how to catch the ****ing football. Holy ****. A legitimate miracle. I genuinely thought that was impossible to do. So, congrats.

I mean, we're pretty much that right now. How many guys on this team could put their name in the portal and move to another P5 team?
The ones who can are doing it.

And how many of the guys in the portal with other options are coming here?

Some posters have this fantasy that we will go pluck a P5 roster off the portal and be fine. The guys who are worth having will have other, better options and few are coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back