What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely believe this is what happened. I think he genuinely told the people above him what it would take to keep MT (and it wasn't only money), and they told him that they wouldn't do that. Because of how disconnected from reality the group senior to him is, they were probably just as shocked about MT leaving as the press releases implied.

RG went out and tried to land a real replacement, went to the people above him and said this is what it will take to land a top tier replacement (and again it wasn't only the money), and they again told him that they wouldn't do that.

They probably lectured him about how the last AD found a dudley-do-right who managed to get to the Pac12 championship game, and they were sure he could do it too (completely ignoring the multiple losing seasons that bookended that one year). So he decided to give them what they wanted.

Enter KD.

And viola! Enter a new extension for RG, because the people above him are getting exactly what they want.

RG is getting paid to support mediocrity and failure; that's his excuse.

We don't have to pay to support that, and we shouldn't. Let Folsom become a great road trip game for visiting teams. Great location, fun trip, guaranteed win. There will be butts in seats, the AD will be in the black, and the university leadership will be happy.

Bohn was a better AD than he was given credit for. He missed on his Hawkins hire, but he recognized the need for change and reportedly was told that he couldn't do it, which led to the disastrous last year. Then a budget alumni hire was forced on him. When he was finally allowed to make another real hire, he recognized that all he had was smoking embers and hired someone who had rebuilt a program before. As soon as the trajectory was good, he bailed and got on a better train.
I can’t poke holes in this

I absolutely believe this is what happened. I think he genuinely told the people above him what it would take to keep MT (and it wasn't only money), and they told him that they wouldn't do that. Because of how disconnected from reality the group senior to him is, they were probably just as shocked about MT leaving as the press releases implied.

RG went out and tried to land a real replacement, went to the people above him and said this is what it will take to land a top tier replacement (and again it wasn't only the money), and they again told him that they wouldn't do that.

They probably lectured him about how the last AD found a dudley-do-right who managed to get to the Pac12 championship game, and they were sure he could do it too (completely ignoring the multiple losing seasons that bookended that one year). So he decided to give them what they wanted.

Enter KD.

And viola! Enter a new extension for RG, because the people above him are getting exactly what they want.

We don't have to pay to support that, and we shouldn't. Let Folsom become a great road trip game for visiting teams. Great location, fun trip, guaranteed win. There will be butts in seats, the AD will be in the black, and the university leadership will be happy.

Bohn was a better AD than he was given credit for. He missed on his Hawkins hire, but he recognized the need for change and reportedly was told that he couldn't do it, which led to the disastrous last year. Then a budget alumni hire was forced on him. When he was finally allowed to make another real hire, he recognized that all he had was smoking embers and hired someone who had rebuilt a program before. As soon as the trajectory was good, he bailed and got on a better train.
Everything up to the last couple sentences is correct. CU fired Bohn.

Enter KD.

The wife and I took in a practice in the bubble & besides us there may have been 6-8 other people. The Bohner walked by all of us as though we didn't exist...obviously I still remember. Whether the Bohn-head was to blame for the Hawkins debacle didn't matter to us we only knew how we felt at the time when he could've made a gesture and failed to do so.
Needless to say I resent hearing/reading every time the subject comes up regarding CU joining the P10, it fell in his lap he just happened to be the AD at the time..it was going to happen one way or another.
What happened behind the closed door(s) I haven't a clue...what I do know is that Bohn has come out smelling like a rose @ SC with his recent FB hire.

pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

Lost a starting safety and CB in less than a weeks time, along with a promising receiver and RB.

Some of these recent hires (Dorrell, Sanford, Cook, RodSled) makes me think that RG really wants to give the CU admin a middle finger without really giving the CU admin a middle finger, because the CU admin just doesn’t care if the football team is retaining current student players, or not. Not to mention wining games and bolstering a national brand for CU, and Buffs football and athletics as a whole.

FIFY. He landed in a "lesser" job that was a much better job in terms of providing the resources necessary for success.
True the whole lesser job vs at CU yet Cincy's football field has a capacity of 40K.
A side note he did hire Tad..Cincy had a B-ball program that was established one less sport to be concerned with.

On the bright side, this program is so devoid of talent that there’s not really anyone left (besides Rice) who could transfer up.

On the bright side, this program is so devoid of talent that there’s not really anyone left (besides Rice) who could transfer up.
Rice definitely could transfer up. I would suggest Brendan Lewis and Sherman Lang probably could as well. Maybe even Isaiah Lewis. To me, if Gonzo and Rice left, that would be the straw that broke the camel's back. They are two very talented underclassmen and if not already leaders of the O and D, respectively, shortly would be.

Gonzo is already gone. If Rice goes, you can probably write off 2022.

CU is losing a lot more than they are gaining in the portal. The OL, which is in desperate need, remains stagnant.

It is a mess. But it is some thing that can fixed. Cu has been through far worse crisis.
Sure it can be fixed. Do you trust the people who will be doing the fixing? This is where you fall ridiculously short, IMO. You keep saying things can improve, but you fail to acknowledge that the very people who put us in the position we are in are the ones who would be in charge of fixing the problems that they created.

Cool, cool. All 5-6 of them each year. And they're not coming here soooo...not really sure what your point is.
Eastern Washington current, Sam Houston elevating up...
I do agree the majority belong at the lower level...but not all.
The pandemic has enlightened myself and many CFB fans, we've watched what we could and our eyes are opened.

There is going to be more depatures. So there is no point reacting to every depature like it is doomsday. Lets see who we get. KD got to be aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back