What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been my synopsis as well:
Youre recruits need to have a good GPA, SAT score, cant major in PE, or take all their classes in Dal Ward like their SEC cousins can. Why? Because academics are still actually the point at a dwindling few places like CU. While, a lot of the rest of college football is into something else, thats too bad for you Mr. AD

I think there is an 8 win coach out there somewhere. But CU degree doesnt open the employment doors for you after football like Stanford, Cal and some others do so the recruiter has a harder job. Lump in KD being below the mark and the insanity of the portal and now we have a total dumpster fire
Just to play Devil's Advocate, consider this perspective...

We had a coach that recruited at a decently high level in the not so distant past...His name was Dan Hawkins. (all of this is via 24/7) In his first three years (2007, 2008, 2009) he signed 2 five star recruits and 11 4 star recruits. He signed 17 top 500 HS players. Those recruiting classes didn't do ****. A lot of those guys were still on campus during the Embree era. A lot of them didn't even make it onto campus.

Since 2009 we have signed 0 five star recruits, 14 4 star recruits, and 25 top 500 HS players. Those teams have been just a good, if not better than the Hawk teams. The best teams that we have had since then were MacIntyre teams that were built around some of the lowest ranked recruiting classes in the P5.

We brought in more highly ranked players in the (somewhat) recent past...we brought in big time recruits (Kasa, D Scott, MTM, Ryan Miller) and how many of those guys ever really panned out? Seems like the boy scouts did just as well, and we didn't have to worry about them skipping class or assaulting people. I suspect this is what CU admin thinks.

I personally don't agree with this. Hawk took some risks on guys he shouldn't have, and his classes had insanely bad injury luck. Beyond that, recruiting is a numbers game. Most 4 star players don't turn out to be stars, but the percentage of them that do is higher than that of lower ranked players. I think CU admin (not RG, fwiw) really believes that it's about finding and developing the right players for your system as compared to finding the best players.

This team is a 3-4 win team next season. Wonderful progress!
Do you actually think they will get 3-4? If the line comes out at 2.5 I’m taking the under without a doubt unless we get about 6 transfer lineman and 5-7 other impact/depth players across the board

Do you actually think they will get 3-4? If the line comes out at 2.5 I’m taking the under without a doubt unless we get about 6 transfer lineman and 5-7 other impact/depth players across the board
The line will be 4/4.5. I think this team wins around 3-4 games next year. They will muck up some games, keep it close, and stumble into a few wins.

The line will be 4/4.5. I think this team wins around 3-4 games next year. They will muck up some games, keep it close, and stumble into a few wins.
This.

People are going to both bring out and buy excuses like various position groups being patchwork (esp OL), while ignoring that the reason those groups are patchwork is because of the prior failures of KD.

E.g. the OL is a mess not because KD inherited a mess, but because he hired a completely inept OL coach, and then stuck with him way too long. That debacle is entirety KD's fault. He owns every bit of it.

I'm going to buy a 2nd home in Italy if the line comes out at 4/4.5. Good lord, Vegas won't be that stupid, but we can hope.

Northwestern safety Brandon Joseph is in the portal. Find a way damnit, get him here. He's only a two time all B1G and an All American.

Last edited:
This.

People are going to both bring out and buy excuses like various position groups being patchwork (esp OL), while ignoring that the reason those groups are patchwork is because of the prior failures of KD.

E.g. the OL is a mess not because KD inherited a mess, but because he hired a completely inept OL coach, and then stuck with him way too long. That debacle is entirety KD's fault. He owns every bit of it.
CUs excuse rolodex
1. We will be too young until 2030.
2. Sprinkle in a few years of, it’s a new system and we need to un-coach, re-coach, then un-coach the previous re-coaching, all in time for new re-un-re-uncoaching.
3. This program was burnt to the ground before I got here.
4. And my favorite, we need to simplify the playbook.

Have your worthless #firedaveplati spin these narratives and the AD and coaches pocket millions from idots like us.

UCLA has reached out and their is informed speculation that USC might be interested. He wants to be in SoCal.
I think he could play at UCLA. I would think USC would be able to pull better from the portal, like that NW kid. Perry was a solid player toward the back end of the season, but he was very inconsistent and at times a liability for a lot of the year.

The new pattern of established starters for non playoff teams using their first year or two as a platform to go get paid by bigger programs is going to be very annoying for every program outside of the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back