What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I care.

The reasons he doesn't want to be here are the same reasons that we will lose more players and not replace them with similar quality.
Say what you will about Dorrell-but when you're trying to build, you need kids who aren't going to look for the easy way out when it gets hard for them here.

Rice is easily the kind of kid who might get left behind in the portal because there's so much talent in it right now. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

NIL will kill college football in every NFL market with the exception of those schools with boosters willing to burn cash to win. Truthfully outside of maybe a dozen players in CFB, none of them really have high 5 or 6 figure marketability. You may get the local fast food chain or restaurant to dump a few grand at some players for commercials but that is about it. Just honestly ask yourself if any player, Rice included, would influence your decision on any particular product or service? Would it make you any more likely to remember that business?

I always thought it was weird when a couple of local eateries would feature WSU bball players in ads immediately after they exhausted their eligibility. I saw 1 commercial after NIL came into effect with current players. Still thought they were dumb, but those kids aren't getting rich off those ads.

on this day in CU football history, our Buffs won the national championship 30 years ago. and the program has now expired from wanton neglect, gross malfeasance, bad luck, and a total indifference to success from top to bottom of those that run the school.

RIP CU. we really loved you back then and sill loved you through good times and bad, but like the spouse of an addict kicking the addict out the door, i can't have you bring me down with you. the emotional cost is too high.

Say what you will about Dorrell-but when you're trying to build, you need kids who aren't going to look for the easy way out when it gets hard for them here.

Rice is easily the kind of kid who might get left behind in the portal because there's so much talent in it right now. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Bull****. These are kids that need to be led by adults. If they felt like there was leadership here, someone actively trying to improve the team and help them succeed…you know, someone they believed in, they would still be here. These kids only have a few years to make it work, but you want them to be extra mature and stand by a coach taking us (and them) down the drain? GMAFB

on this day in CU football history, our Buffs won the national championship 30 years ago. and the program has now expired from wanton neglect, gross malfeasance, bad luck, and a total indifference to success from top to bottom of those that run the school.

RIP CU. we really loved you back then and sill loved you through good times and bad, but like the spouse of an addict kicking the addict out the door, i can't have you bring me down with you. the emotional cost is too high.

I don't think CU's downfall is due to neglect. It was an intentional dismantling of the football team. We had some "scandals" that wouldn't bother a nun and decided to kill the football team because of it. A self imposed death penalty.

He won’t get left behind. You know that. I think.

What's more empty? The platitudes or the CU football program?
seriously. i kinda halfway liked or at least respected the 2 new hires. i hope they can recruit even on a staff that doesn't seem to prioritize recruiting. can you even visualize our starting 11 on both sides of the ball next season? "but, the transfer portal works BOTH ways."

I don't think CU's downfall is due to neglect. It was an intentional dismantling of the football team. We had some "scandals" that wouldn't bother a nun and decided to kill the football team because of it. A self imposed death penalty.

^^^^^^^^
Never met a nun.

Bull****. These are kids that need to be led by adults. If they felt like there was leadership here, someone actively trying to improve the team and help them succeed…you know, someone they believed in, they would still be here. These kids only have a few years to make it work, but you want them to be extra mature and stand by a coach taking us (and them) down the drain? GMAFB
A lot of you talk about how this thing is going in the ****ter.........but when RG sees a near sellout for a game between two of the worst power 5 teams in the country, 47k plus at the Oregon State game, and 41k plus for a meaningless November game with Washington.......what incentive does he have to make changes? I don't give a **** about Arizona being Parents' weekend or OSU being homecoming. If you dropped money on tickets to attend any of the games I brought up, you're telling Rick George you're fine with the direction of the program. I did not-the only game I was at in person in 2021 was A&M. Put your ****ing money where your goddamn mouths are or shut the **** up.

Last edited:
The disaster in Boulder just gets more interesting and depressing with every passing day.
Some on here simply see these events as affirmation that their criticisms of CU and the AD were spot on. I will say though, I am personally waiting to see what the true fallout looks like next fall.

I would be seriously surprised if he didn’t receive offers before he went into the portal, particularly NIL offers dependent on him transferring.

Wow.

So our new reality is that anyone we have who would be able to start for a more $ucce$$ful program will leave for his final year he wants to stay in college to use it for NFL draft audition while putting some extra money in his pocket.

I don't blame the players for making these decisions within the current rules & environment, it just sucks for most fan bases.
More importantly, winners don't want to play for losers. Dorrell is a loser. CU is a loser.

Yeah adults like the one who bolted first chance he got too.

This is what we're stuck with right now. A lot of you talk about how this thing is going in the ****ter.........but when RG sees a near sellout for a game between two of the worst power 5 teams in the country, 47k plus at the Oregon State game, and 41k plus for a meaningless November game with Washington.......what incentive does he have to make changes? I don't give a **** about Arizona being Parents' weekend or OSU being homecoming. If you dropped money on tickets to attend any of the games I brought up, you're telling Rick George you're fine with the direction of the program. Put your ****ing money where your goddamn mouths are or shut the **** up.
Your anger and frustration is misguided. That’s all I’m saying. Your point you’re making in your second paragraph is mostly correct, and I have been predicting for months that this next year will be dramatically different then in years past.

More importantly, winners don't want to play for losers. Dorrell is a loser. CU is a loser.
Yeah when this fanbase nearly sells out a game against garbage Arizona because the weather was nice, or because it was parents' weekend, or we have to support the players........you're exactly right.

Yeah adults like the one who bolted first chance he got too.

This is what we're stuck with right now. A lot of you talk about how this thing is going in the ****ter.........but when RG sees a near sellout for a game between two of the worst power 5 teams in the country, 47k plus at the Oregon State game, and 41k plus for a meaningless November game with Washington.......what incentive does he have to make changes? I don't give a **** about Arizona being Parents' weekend or OSU being homecoming. If you dropped money on tickets to attend any of the games I brought up, you're telling Rick George you're fine with the direction of the program. I did not-the only game I was at in person in 2021 was A&M. Put your ****ing money where your goddamn mouths are or shut the **** up.

Yikes.

Some on here simply see these events as affirmation that their criticisms of CU and the AD were spot on. I will say though, I am personally waiting to see what the true fallout looks like next fall.
Understand, I really do. Been doing that for the last 30 years and it has never been this bad. Maybe some light way down the tunnel with the last 2 coaching hires but without major changes in the AD and leadership, I do not see it getting better. We will win fewer games next year than we did this year. Without a reset, it is a death spiral

You have absolutely no fvcking clue. Just stop posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back