What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
RB room looks better,. You can argue that it is better than last year in terms of diversity of runners, Venn replaces the home run threat of Jarek. Jefferson has the size and speed combination that the team didn't have last year. You can find a good running back, I didn't understand why there was so much doom and gloom over the departure of Brousard. I didn't like that he left, but there was no panic.

Decent pick up. I don't expect him to produce anymore than Broussard did, so it's a wash in my book. At least it's not a downgrade. 🤷‍♂️

I would have preferred an FBS big RB but I will take the lower level production as a positive for now.

my remaining portal needs (5 spots assumed)
S
T
DL
G
CB

Lotttttta sour grapes in this thread over the last 24 hours.

Instead of being pissed off at a student athlete doing what's best for them when they finally have some power in this sport, why not direct your ire at the institution that's willfully holding itself back? Looking at you, Phil D.

Lotttttta sour grapes in this thread over the last 24 hours.

Instead of being pissed off at a student athlete doing what's best for them when they finally have some power in this sport, why not direct your ire at the institution that's willfully holding itself back? Looking at you, Phil D.
Especially when they’re a graduate transfer going to a top 10 team…

RB room looks better,. You can argue that it is better than last year in terms of diversity of runners, Venn replaces the home run threat of Jarek. Jefferson has the size and speed combination that the team didn't have last year. You can find a good running back, I didn't understand why there was so much doom and gloom over the departure of Brousard. I didn't like that he left, but there was no panic.
You can argue, but it's always better to have proven playmaking vs potential.

I think it's fair to argue that Jefferson proved enough elsewhere to not be in "sky is falling" mode any more at RB in '22 and that Venn gives a level of hope due to what looks like playmaker speed.

It still hurts to lose Bru, but it's a loss that's been addressed well.

I'd say the same about WR.

It's at CB & S where I'm seeing unfilled holes due to transfer.

You can argue, but it's always better to have proven playmaking vs potential.

I think it's fair to argue that Jefferson proved enough elsewhere to not be in "sky is falling" mode any more at RB in '22 and that Venn gives a level of hope due to what looks like playmaker speed.

It still hurts to lose Bru, but it's a loss that's been addressed well.

I'd say the same about WR.

It's at CB & S where I'm seeing unfilled holes due to transfer.
Drop off of talent at RB and WR. Numbers are probably fine but talent is not.

It's just gross to see former Buffs tweeting out the ✌️sign (and no, I don't follow any of them but many CU accounts I follow do).

Forget his motivation here for a moment and think about what it means for CU when the HC of a SEC West program that's definitely not hurting for resources in the grand scheme of things is coming out with these statements. It's game ****ing over.

Forget his motivation here for a moment and think about what it means for CU when the HC of a SEC West program that's definitely not hurting for resources in the grand scheme of things is coming out with these statements. It's game ****ing over.

College football is changed forever, and I include the word college here with increasing skepticism. And to those that will say, “it’s always been like this, it’s just out in the open now” I say bs. It’s never been this skewed and the amounts have never been this much.

I think the only chance you have here is if the top level schools decide it's too much money and they want that spending curbed to a more "reasonable" level. But you are not going to get anything done here without them as I see them doing their own thing as a viable option. The top ~15 programs or so can do without the other programs.

I think the only chance you have here is if the top level schools decide it's too much money and they want that spending curbed to a more "reasonable" level. But you are not going to get anything done here without them as I see them doing their own thing as a viable option. The top ~15 programs or so can do without the other programs.
Before all of this, the top schools were still getting the best recruits but not having to shell out $10-$25m in direct payments to do it. Largely irrelevant programs that are flush with cash like aTm are happy to do it, but you think Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, etc are happy that they now have to take their booster money and give it directly to the players instead of taking it and using it for increased coach salaries, better facility upgrades, etc?

Just curious why folks are believing our WR corps is good to go as is? Our projected starting 3 are merely decent as a group, but beyond that the group is downright bleak. We need another legit P5 level starter in this group.

Before all of this, the top schools were still getting the best recruits but not having to shell out $10-$25m in direct payments to do it. Largely irrelevant programs that are flush with cash like aTm are happy to do it, but you think Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, etc are happy that they now have to take their booster money and give it directly to the players instead of taking it and using it for increased coach salaries, better facility upgrades, etc?

I've touched on it before, the booster budgets aren't infinite. They're large, but when the top level programs begin to think that this might be costing them money because the boosters decide to cut out the middle man, aka the AD, and give their cash to the players directly there might indeed be some movement on this.

There will be some regulations but I don't know how effective they will or can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back