What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

Not really a race thing so much as an extremely insular/weird culture. Prime would hate it there.
In my opinion, it is a race thing.
Yes, aTm has hired a Black head coach.
But Prime is not just Black, he's an unapologetically Black man.
He's controversial, he's a showman, and he is right in the middle of the code-switching debate.

There is a big difference between the two.

Not saying this is a reliable source of breaking news at all, but there's been speculation for a while and I've seen a few other unreliables say the same thing the past day or so.
It would take some real lack of ****s given to be like "well, our AD is still recovering from failing to investigate reports of one of our trainers molesting gymnasts for decades, and we just fired the last guy for sexually harassing a famous victim of gang rape, so we better hire the guy who was last seen shoving his fingers up a server's butthole at a bar."

It would take some real lack of ****s given to be like "well, our AD is still recovering from failing to investigate reports of one of our trainers molesting gymnasts for decades, and we just fired the last guy for sexually harassing a famous victim of gang rape, so we better hire the guy who was last seen shoving his fingers up a server's butthole at a bar."

You can't deny that is one hell of an opening statement though.

The B1G: It just means more?

We’ll know very quickly about CP/CU right after Shedeur declares for the draft, regardless when that happens. I like CP and hope he stays up in Boulder for some time beyond the Shedeur era, but we don’t know at this point.

EDIT: I don’t seeing going to a huge blue blood program where he’d have less autonomy than CU. I can see him maybe taking a break from coaching or going to another rebuild. He’s a different kind of guy.

Last edited:
We’ll know very quickly about CP/CU right after Shedeur declares for the draft, regardless when that happens. I like CP and hope he stays up in Boulder for some time beyond the Shedeur era, but we don’t know at this point.

EDIT: I don’t seeing going to a huge blue blood program where he’d have less autonomy than CU. I can see him maybe taking a break from coaching or going to another rebuild. He’s a different kind of guy.
CU Baseball

I think Urban will end up at either aTm or USC.

USC
I Hope Please GIF

In my opinion, it is a race thing.
Yes, aTm has hired a Black head coach.
But Prime is not just Black, he's an unapologetically Black man.
He's controversial, he's a showman, and he is right in the middle of the code-switching debate.

There is a big difference between the two.
I thought I heard his business manager (Constance Schwartz Marini?) say he wasn't leaving Boulder this year. Prime is also one of the most straightforward humans on the planet-if he says he's content here, he's staying.

From the irony in coaching department. As USC drops out of the rankings two of their former HCs have their teams ranked in the top 10. Steve Sarkisian and Lane Kiffin are both thriving. USC was justified in firing both of them. Both it seems may have rehabilitated and resurrected their careers. Sark had his alcohol demons and Kiffin had the Lane Kiffin demons. I heard Kiffin’s divorce had an impact on him.

Last edited:
Do we believe this at face value or is it him saying that the number would have to be massive to get him to leave? I'd like to think that he's being real. He's rich, he's happy, his family likes the situation, he has a path to the playoffs at a university that's giving him what he's asking for, and he's got incredible job security.

I’d imagine it’s someone not currently coaching or not expected to be coaching into late December/early January. Could they have someone announced by 12/1?

I know you're saying this because of the recruiting and transfer portal angles, but they could still name someone who's currently coaching and then at least new recruits and current players would know who the coach will be. I've seen Leipold's name mentioned not just now but also over the past week or 2

Back