What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

If it continues past the current contract, it needs to be on campus. Idk how you guys feel about that?

I guarantee that RG doesn't like that Bohn gave them that game and is leveraging any possibility of future RMS games to get a better deal for CU. While it's a good game for CU financials and fan interest, it's also no secret that CSU needs it much more than CU.
That's why I was thinking maybe RG could negotiate out of it. We all know they make more money when the game is at Mile High and they wouldn't have to give CU $1,000,000 or a bunch of tickets to reduce cash flows. This could also be the reason RG is so unwilling to negotiate a home and home though.

That's why I was thinking maybe RG could negotiate out of it. We all know they make more money when the game is at Mile High and they wouldn't have to give CU $1,000,000 or a bunch of tickets to reduce cash flows. This could also be the reason RG is so unwilling to negotiate a home and home though.

They absolutely want that game in Fort Collins.

Of course they want to but the money is going to be significantly less for them if it happens.

That has not changed from when the deal was signed. I guarantee you their AD has no interest in moving that game. Will likely their biggest home game in a long time.

That has not changed from when the deal was signed. I guarantee you their AD has no interest in moving that game. Will likely their biggest home game in a long time.
They also didn't have to pay for a stadium when the contract was signed lol.

They also didn't have to pay for a stadium when the contract was signed lol.

They knew they were going to take a hit on money when the contract was signed. If anything, the new stadium improves the financial impact of that game for them.

They knew they were going to take a hit on money when the contract was signed. If anything, the new stadium improves the financial impact of that game for them.
I am not saying you are wrong, just saying there is quite a financial incentive for them to allow it to be relocated to Mile High and maybe that wins out in the end. It is probably around a $1.5 million difference for a G5 football team between the payment to CU, reduced CF's and the fact that their students actually pay for tickets in Denver which is another $250,000. Obviously they would love to stick it to CU and have them on campus but maybe that changes in the next couple years if the trajectory of each team changes.

I am not saying you are wrong, just saying there is quite a financial incentive for them to allow it to be relocated to Mile High and maybe that wins out in the end. It is probably around a $1.5 million difference for a G5 football team between the payment to CU, reduced CF's and the fact that their students actually pay for tickets in Denver which is another $250,000. Obviously they would love to stick it to CU and have them on campus but maybe that changes in the next couple years if the trajectory of each team changes.

This is one of the exceptions where money will not be the deciding factor. I can guarantee you their AD would be blasted by the fan base if he made that move.

Please, no new RMS contract. Maybe a home and home once every decade or two. We have precious few OOC games now. Let's not waste them.

I feel as though I'm one of the few who hopes the game never dies, unless we added a permanent or near-permanent game with Nebraska. Rivalries are what makes college football fun, and we lost ours when we left the Big XII. I'm 100% happy we left of course, but games are more fun when the other team hates you. Especially - as is the case for the Rammies - when you beat them 75% of the time.

I feel as though I'm one of the few who hopes the game never dies, unless we added a permanent or near-permanent game with Nebraska. Rivalries are what makes college football fun, and we lost ours when we left the Big XII. I'm 100% happy we left of course, but games are more fun when the other team hates you. Especially - as is the case for the Rammies - when you beat them 75% of the time.
If they are ever able to join a P5 conference, I would agree, and as much as I love the rivalry I have with my CSU friends, it's just not close to worth it for CU unless it changes to a 2 for 1 type of series.

I heard Mike Aresco today on SiriusXM mention Colorado and Houston when he was talking about the OOC scheduling the American was doing. Has anybody heard anything about a series with Houston in the future?

We are also playing home and home series with A&M and TCU from 2020-2023. We appear to be making a concerted effort to have a presence against Texas based teams annually - which I wholeheartedly support.
Adding a 2-1 with Texas State would be cool, wouldn't mind spending a weekend down in Austin. Obviously would be way better to play UT but that could be a tough task going forward with Herman.

I heard Mike Aresco today on SiriusXM mention Colorado and Houston when he was talking about the OOC scheduling the American was doing. Has anybody heard anything about a series with Houston in the future?

Houston series would be great. Big time recruiting grounds, G5 opponent which has a pretty good track record of late, and potentially could make some money by moving the game to the Texans stadium.

The University of Houston and Colorado are working on a home-and-home football series, according to a top league official.
During an appearance on SiriusXM Radio, American Athletic Conference commissioner said the two schools are working out details to play. No dates were given and a source said the contract has not been signed.

You'll know CU is back when we are able to schedule a match at Jerry World. (Florida v Michigan play this year at AT&T Stadium)

Wanted to get this bumped back into the main discussion. This would be a great add for the schedule and also knock out 2 possible years of CSU, keeping the RMS as an "every now and then" game instead of an annual thing into the future.

Back