What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

If you guys actually plan your lives around football schedules, I honestly feel for you. Life is so much more than that.

If you guys actually plan your lives around football schedules, I honestly feel for you. Life is so much more than that.
Theres a prerry big difference between "planning your life around..." and "planning an evening around..."

Theres a prerry big difference between "planning your life around..." and "planning an evening around..."
It was a compromise, honestly. She wanted a mid to late September wedding, I told her mid to late August and we settled on Sunday of Labor Day Weekend (9/2) as I know there's no NFL or Buffs this year and that specific date won't fall on a Saturday until 2023. So once every 5 years, my Anniversary will affect opening weekend of football.

I gotta bitch about this game again-I think they're the "home" team this year.....right? Their TV deals are as bad as ours-we've played this game two years in a row on a Friday and we're playing on networks like CBSSN and our network (which more than half the country doesn't even get)?

Here's the schedule of games for Aug 31 in addition to our annual act of charity towards CSU-
Utah State at Michigan State
San Diego State at Stanford
Monmouth at Eastern Michigan
Syracuse at Western Michigan
Western Kentucky at Wisconsin

Secondly-they're playing on "Zero" week again? Don't you have to go to Hawaii to be able to do that?

Friday night at 7:30 pm is a hell of a lot better than Friday night at 6 pm. At the same time I appreciate the issues for those out of the metro area trying to get here, etc.

I gotta bitch about this game again-I think they're the "home" team this year.....right? Their TV deals are as bad as ours-we've played this game two years in a row on a Friday and we're playing on networks like CBSSN and our network (which more than half the country doesn't even get)?

Here's the schedule of games for Aug 31 in addition to our annual act of charity towards CSU-
Utah State at Michigan State
San Diego State at Stanford
Monmouth at Eastern Michigan
Syracuse at Western Michigan
Western Kentucky at Wisconsin

Secondly-they're playing on "Zero" week again? Don't you have to go to Hawaii to be able to do that?
Going to Hawaii gets the extra home game, but to my understanding, isn't a factor in when any game is played.

opens up Saturday for a potential roadie to Wyoming for the Washington St game. do love me a two-fer CFB weekend.

<insert obligatory old-man grumble about colleges leaving high school night alone>

Another nice combo this year for seeing a Wyo game is the Buffs/UCLA on Friday 9/28 and then Boise State at Wyo on Saturday 9/29.

Playing in Week Zero requires an NCAA waiver to have more than a 13 week season. Doesn't sound like the NCAA is all that stingy with this waiver.

yeah, the short week for them, the fast pivot for game-planning, the priority they put on the game, plus the "showing their cards" in both scheme and personnel I think hurts them more than helps.

Bottom line is that despite them targeting us as their focus game we should be enough better to easily win this game each year. If we don't then the coaching staff needs to be called out for not doing their job.

Bottom line is that despite them targeting us as their focus game we should be enough better to easily win this game each year. If we don't then the coaching staff needs to be called out for not doing their job.
Hot take?

Talking about them having a short week, a game on film etc. is deep insight?

Fact is it shouldn't matter. If we are losing to CSU at this point the problem is ours.

@hokiehead Michigan cancelled their series with VT in 2020-21..........Let's cancel the CSU game in '20 and UMass in 2021 and play the Hokies instead! #pipedream
They paid $350,000 to cancel that series so they could schedule a home and home with Washington in those years. That seems like quite a bit of money to marginally upgrade.

By the way the Pac 12 OOC schedule is pretty amazing in 2020 and 2021.

They paid $350,000 to cancel that series so they could schedule a home and home with Washington in those years. That seems like quite a bit of money to marginally upgrade.

We're contributing to that with our games with A&M-and my expectation is Jimbo is going to have that thing rolling by then. Dude is one of four active coaches in this sport with a natty.

They already had the Washington game scheduled, just changed the date.

Back