What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

I'd like 2024 at home and 2025 in Houston if we can do it. I'd like that spare 2023 slot to be a cupcake.

Reports in the last week or so have been that CU has verbal agreements with Houston and CSU for future dates but hasn't signed the contracts yet.

Here's what CU has open:

2023 Home
2024 Away or Neutral
2025 Home, Away or Neutral (2 openings)
2026 Home
2027 Away or Neutral
2028 Home, Away or Neutral (2 openings)

Houston doesn't match up for 2023 & 2024 because they need a home date in 2023 for their last slot and the Buffs can't accommodate that.

However, they are completely unscheduled for 2025-2028 and can accommodate whatever schedule CU needs to make the game work.

CSU has openings that can accommodate in all years from 2023-2028, with 2025-26 being their least likely since they already have 2 P5 games scheduled in those seasons.

My guess is that RG is looking at CSU at Home in 2023 / in Fort Collins in 2024. Then, Houston Away in 2025 / in Boulder in 2026. However, I have also heard rumblings that RG is pushing CSU hard to get a 2-for-1 and that would have them filling the 2025 home slate with another game in Boulder that year.

From this point on we should never, ever take anything less than a 2 for 1 from CSU. Period, end of story.

Buffs need a 1-off home date in 2025. I'd like to see UNC scheduled there. Give those guys another payday.

Reports in the last week or so have been that CU has verbal agreements with Houston and CSU for future dates but hasn't signed the contracts yet.

Here's what CU has open:

2023 Home
2024 Away or Neutral
2025 Home, Away or Neutral (2 openings)
2026 Home
2027 Away or Neutral
2028 Home, Away or Neutral (2 openings)

Houston doesn't match up for 2023 & 2024 because they need a home date in 2023 for their last slot and the Buffs can't accommodate that.

However, they are completely unscheduled for 2025-2028 and can accommodate whatever schedule CU needs to make the game work.

CSU has openings that can accommodate in all years from 2023-2028, with 2025-26 being their least likely since they already have 2 P5 games scheduled in those seasons.

My guess is that RG is looking at CSU at Home in 2023 / in Fort Collins in 2024. Then, Houston Away in 2025 / in Boulder in 2026. However, I have also heard rumblings that RG is pushing CSU hard to get a 2-for-1 and that would have them filling the 2025 home slate with another game in Boulder that year.

I'd be perfectly fine with not playing the goats for 10-15 years...........or ever again after 2020

SIAP but I was looking through our future schedules and saw this:
SmartSelectImage_2017-11-06-14-28-45.jpg
Are we potentially moving our home date against A&M to Mile High? I really hope we keep that game in Boulder.

SIAP but I was looking through our future schedules and saw this:
View attachment 24212
Are we potentially moving our home date against A&M to Mile High? I really hope we keep that game in Boulder.
I think it was written in the contract that it is at our option, i.e. if we felt we could sell the place out and we probably could, but the stadium would sway as aggie would buy up most of the seats.

I think it was written in the contract that it is at our option, i.e. if we felt we could sell the place out and we probably could, but the stadium would sway as aggie would buy up most of the seats.
Thanks. That's my fear is that we'd move it to sell more tickets, but most of those extra tickets would be picked up by Aggie fans.

This sucks, I hate these weeknight games. When you live out of the area, have kids in school, and a wife that works for a school, these games don't work. ****ty part was I had just renewed this week and picked up the club level upgrade. At least the ticket office is refunding me the upgrade and converting the game to a home game credit.

opens up Saturday for a potential roadie to Wyoming for the Washington St game. do love me a two-fer CFB weekend.

<insert obligatory old-man grumble about colleges leaving high school night alone>

I don't go into Denver very often, but I do enjoy an occasional evening on the town under the city lights. Friday is a good night for the city.

Not my preference, but no whining. It's a situation I can make the best of and have a good time.

Sunday of Labor Day weekend is really a non-football day, so it’s cool. You seem like an angry person, though. You should work that **** out.
Not a football weekend? Since when? Are you new?

And no. I’m not angry. I got married in June. Like a smart person. No football conflicts. All good on my end!:cigar:

Excellent! That gives us an extra day to prepare for Nebraska. Also puts CSU on a short week since they moved their Hawaii opener to Saturday, August 25th.
Good outlook. I’m pissed about having to take a day off work and deal with the hassle of a Friday game. You choose to look at the good aspects of the move. I applaud your perspective.

I’m still pissed, though.

Hey newb. I said Sunday. Of Labor Day Weekend. There’s one football game on. Try to keep up.
Yeah. One game. Football... right? And you are having a wedding then and committing to years of anniversary’s over that weekend. Stupid.

Look, I wish the best for you and your new wife. Sincerely.

Back