What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

The cross-divisional rotation in 2019 and 2020 is brutal. Oregon Sate and Cal drop off and Stanford and Oregon are on. To add to it, CU will only have 4 home conference games in '19: Stanford, USC, Washington, and Arizona. Road games are Oregon, Washington State, Arizona State, UCLA, and Utah. Add Nebraska and Air Force for non-conference home games, the home schedule will be awesome, yet very difficult.

Colorado
2019-20: Stanford (home/away), Washington (home/away), Oregon (away/home), Washington State (away/home)
2021-22: Oregon State (home/away), Washington (home/away), Cal (away/home), Oregon (away/home)
2023-24: Stanford (home/away), Oregon State (home/away), Oregon (away/home), Washington State (away/home)
2025-26: Oregon State (home/away), Washington (home/away), Cal (away/home), Washington State (away/home)

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05...edule-rotation-for-the-next-eight-year-cycle/

The cross-divisional rotation in 2019 and 2020 is brutal. Oregon Sate and Cal drop off and Stanford and Oregon are on. To add to it, CU will only have 4 home conference games in '19: Stanford, USC, Washington, and Arizona. Road games are Oregon, Washington State, Arizona State, UCLA, and Utah. Add Nebraska and Air Force for non-conference home games, the home schedule will be awesome, yet very difficult.

Colorado
2019-20: Stanford (home/away), Washington (home/away), Oregon (away/home), Washington State (away/home)
2021-22: Oregon State (home/away), Washington (home/away), Cal (away/home), Oregon (away/home)
2023-24: Stanford (home/away), Oregon State (home/away), Oregon (away/home), Washington State (away/home)
2025-26: Oregon State (home/away), Washington (home/away), Cal (away/home), Washington State (away/home)

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05...edule-rotation-for-the-next-eight-year-cycle/
Brutal. We better have a good ‘18 to boost recruiting to be able to handle **** like that. I miss the days when we were the feared game on the schedule. I think Clinton was president then.

Colorado

MM basically has 2018 to turn this around or he is screwed with the 19 and 20 schedules. Good grief

2023 is going to be BRUTAL.

TCU away
Nebraska home
TBA

Stanford
OSU
UO
WSU
USC
UCLA
ASU
UA
UU

Although, if a team can run through that schedule with 1, maybe 2 losses, they are going to be right in the thick of the NC conversation

MM basically has 2018 to turn this around or he is screwed with the 19 and 20 schedules. Good grief
My thoughts exactly. If we can’t get to a bowl this fall, it may be the start of a new bowl drought. Exciting times...

When you play a 9-game conference schedule, there are no real "off" years.

That 2019 schedule is set up for 9-10 wins with an above average team. Getting most/all the difficult games at home is a dream scenario.

giphy.gif

I don't have a problem with that, and I like not opening up with them-2023 IIRC we open with TCU, and 2024 with North Dakota State. If they want us on their schedule, it shouldn't be that hard to ask for two games in Boulder for one game in Fort Fun. We need another home game in 2026. Why not tell them they have to fill that slot or the agreement is off? They've got Vandy coming to Ft. Fun that year, and they're scheduled to play at Texas Tech that year. They can afford to make another trip to Folsom, and we don't need to be doing home and homes with CSU. Two home dates with P5 opponents in 2021? Yeah, I'll take that too.

A 2 for 1 wouldn't be a bad deal for CU in the RMS (Assuming that's what you're talking about).

Yep. Both school are open in 2023, 2024, 2025. Make those games in Boulder in '23 and '25 and Fort Collins in '24.
CU's non conference would be:
2023- @TCU, nebraska, colorado state
2024- NDSU, @nebraska, @ colorado state (CU is scheduled to have 5 home conferences games so they would still have 6 home games total)
2025- Georgia Tech, colorado state, TBA

A 2 for 1 wouldn't be a bad deal for CU in the RMS (Assuming that's what you're talking about).
Agreed, that should be the only way it's done imho. If CSU wants the game to continue, it should be on CU's terms. I honestly really wouldn't give a rat's ass if we played them anymore or not.

I just filled in the game times and networks for CSU, Nebraska, New Hampshire, UCLA, Arizona and the Pac-12 Championship.

Might want to change CSU to Friday, Aug. 31st. The CUBUFFS.COM article says Friday Sept. 1st (which is a Saturday) in the text but shows Friday, August 31st in the table which is the correct date.

Not sure if this is worth its own thread or not, but Pac-12 Network just released non-conference football schedule TV times:
http://pac-12.com/football/schedule/20180830-20181201

Friday August 31: CU "@" CSU 7:30 PM on CBS Sports Network
Saturday September 8: CU @ Nebraska 1:30 PM on ABC
Saturday September 15: UNH @ CU 3:00 PM on Pac-12 Mountain

Friday September 28: UCLA @ CU 7:00 PM on FS1

Friday November 2: CU @ Arizona 8:30 PM on FS1

Everything else is TBD except for Thursday and Friday night games. FS1 or ESPN

TV schedules set in Pac12 Games of note
Saturday September 1: Oregon State at Ohio State. 10 am ABC
Saturday September 1: Washington @ Auburn 1:30 PM ABC- big for national perception of PAC 12. Probably the biggest game this weekend but Michigan-ND or Bama-Louisville possibly gets more of spotlight.
Saturday September 8: Arizona @ Houston 10 AM ABC
Saturday September 8: UCLA @ Oklahoma 11am FOX
Saturday September 8: USC @ Stanford 6:30 PM FOX
Saturday September 8: Michigan State @ ASU 8:45 PM FOX (Sept 8 weekend includes CU-NU. Pac12 has best overall slate of games this weekend, though there is also UGA/SC in SEC as well as Clemson/A&M to steal spotlight)
Friday October 12: Arizona @ Utah on ESPN at 8PM
Saturday September 15: USC @ Texas 6pm FOX
Saturday September 15: Washington @ Utah 8PM ESPN
(Ohio State / TCU is biggest non PAC game on 9/15)
Friday September 21: WSU @ USC 8:30 PM ESPN
Friday October 26: Utah @ UCLA on ESPN at 8:30 PM
Saturday September 29: Stanford @ ND at 5:30. No network shown yet but this will be big for Bryce Love and national perception perhaps? Ohio St/Penn St is also this weekend and its possible but maybe not likely that both Stanford and ND are undefeated at this point
Friday November 23: Oregon @ Oregon State 2PM on FS1
Friday November 23: Washington @ Washington St. 6:30 PM on FS1
PAC 12 Championship is on a Friday night on Fox again at 6:30

Last edited:
I am afraid I am not going to be able to get tickets for the Nebraska game which really sucks. It is going to be tough to justify buying tickets at $150+ (after taxes and fees) on the secondary market.

Playing at Arizona at night in November is probably a good thing.

I agree that the temperature will be cooler and that will help. However, we will be coming off a short week and on the road. I believe Jon Wilner tracked that all PAC 12 teams lost in this situation last season. This one will be as difficult as the USC and Washington roads games in my opinion.

Not sure if this is worth its own thread or not, but Pac-12 Network just released non-conference football schedule TV times:
http://pac-12.com/football/schedule/20180830-20181201

Friday August 31: CU "@" CSU 7:30 PM on CBS Sports Network
Saturday September 8: CU @ Nebraska 1:30 PM on ABC
Saturday September 15: UNH @ CU 3:00 PM on Pac-12 Mountain

Friday September 28: UCLA @ CU 7:00 PM on FS1

Friday November 2: CU @ Arizona 8:30 PM on FS1

Everything else is TBD except for Thursday and Friday night games. FS1 or ESPN

TV schedules set in Pac12 Games of note
Saturday September 1: Oregon State at Ohio State. 10 am ABC
Saturday September 1: Washington @ Auburn 1:30 PM ABC- big for national perception of PAC 12. Probably the biggest game this weekend but Michigan-ND or Bama-Louisville possibly gets more of spotlight.
Saturday September 8: Arizona @ Houston 10 AM ABC
Saturday September 8: UCLA @ Oklahoma 11am FOX
Saturday September 8: USC @ Stanford 6:30 PM FOX
Saturday September 8: Michigan State @ ASU 8:45 PM FOX (Sept 8 weekend includes CU-NU. Pac12 has best overall slate of games this weekend, though there is also UGA/SC in SEC as well as Clemson/A&M to steal spotlight)
Friday October 12: Arizona @ Utah on ESPN at 8PM
Saturday September 15: USC @ Texas 6pm FOX
Saturday September 15: Washington @ Utah 8PM ESPN
(Ohio State / TCU is biggest non PAC game on 9/15)
Friday September 21: WSU @ USC 8:30 PM ESPN
Friday October 26: Utah @ UCLA on ESPN at 8:30 PM
Saturday September 29: Stanford @ ND at 5:30. No network shown yet but this will be big for Bryce Love and national perception perhaps? Ohio St/Penn St is also this weekend and its possible but maybe not likely that both Stanford and ND are undefeated at this point
Friday November 23: Oregon @ Oregon State 2PM on FS1
Friday November 23: Washington @ Washington St. 6:30 PM on FS1
PAC 12 Championship is on a Friday night on Fox again at 6:30

That's amazing to me that that game isn't getting as much national billing as Bama-Louisville (who was picked next to last in their ACC division)

I agree that the temperature will be cooler and that will help. However, we will be coming off a short week and on the road. I believe Jon Wilner tracked that all PAC 12 teams lost in this situation last season. This one will be as difficult as the USC and Washington roads games in my opinion.
If playing Oregon State at home the week prior on a Saturday to an on the road Arizona game on Friday is a problem, we have issues.

Wilner's article I believe was about back to back road games, with the second one on a Friday night. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

If playing Oregon State at home the week prior on a Saturday to an on the road Arizona game on Friday is a problem, we have issues.

Wilner's article I believe was about back to back road games, with the second one on a Friday night. Please do correct me if I am wrong.
The pac 12 also fixed that issue.

I looked it up and you are right. Good memory. Here’s the link.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10...e-itself-out-of-the-college-football-playoff/

My opinion is still that this will be a very difficult game. It’s the last of a four game stretch that includes @USC, @ Wash, @AZ.

Back