What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 CU Buffs Football Eligibility Chart

Rodrick Ward added to the senior class (1 year of eligibility with a redshirt year available if needed).

That's 8 seniors.

My count is 68 scholarships allocated. Adam's at 69, but I think that counted Hunter twice by accident since he's listed there as both CB and WR. (Someone please double-check and let me know if I screwed up somewhere).

Also, we supposedly have 4 more slots with guys retiring from football, so that would mean room for 20 more.

Here's my wishlist:

QB - I'd love to see a senior transfer to give us an experienced backup. May be hard to find.
RB - I think we could use another guy to at least be primary rotation. Junior class would be ideal for balance.
WR - Not a priority for me any more, but another senior wouldn't hurt.
TE - I think we need 2 guys here.
OL - 1 more OT, particularly a senior, would be great. I'm not going to complain if it's more than that. Be nice to have 15+ OLs.
DT - 1 more guy at over 300 lbs is vital. I'd be happy if we could find 2 or 3.
Edge - I'm feeling really good about the WDE version who will play at around 245-260 lbs. I think we need another couple at around 270 as SDEs who can flex to DT situationally for pass rush / dime sets.
CB - A couple more vets (Seniors or maybe a Junior) to push the total to 8 would be ideal.
S - Same comment as for CB. I like both groups, just want to see some more numbers considering special teams & how often you see injuries or targeting calls.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Every time we pick up a new player, I’m like “is that a position we need?”

Added JJ Hawkins to the DL as a RS Sophomore. Loving the DL class balance right now. Would love another RS Frosh for a balanced 8.
I wouldn't mind seeing a SR and a JR TE if there are any out there to balance those classes and give us 5 bodies at TE. Assuming they are better than the 3 Soph's

I finally figured out why my number was off. I hadn't added Jaylen Ellis as a RS Junior WR.

Roster is now at 73 scholarships.

12 more openings (16 if we have the 4 guys hang up the cleats, as reported is going to happen).

I finally figured out why my number was off. I hadn't added Jaylen Ellis as a RS Junior WR.

Roster is now at 73 scholarships.

12 more openings (16 if we have the 4 guys hang up the cleats, as reported is going to happen).
Who are the mystery four who are hanging up their cleats? Or is it super duper secret cosmic x-ray info....

Lots of the Sophomores and Juniors are entering year 4 and 5 given their 2020 year didn't count.
A 2020 kid could have redshirted in 2021 and be entering year 4 on a college campus with 3 years left.

So I expect we could see a lot of transfers again next year, especially grads transferring out. No way we will have all 3 TE's from the same class.

I added Chance Main back to our roster as a senior with 1 year of eligibility.

Moved him to DL instead of EDGE since he's up to 270 now.

75 scholarship players.
With supposedly 5 being set aside for Walk-On/JUCOs, so seems like maybe 5 more transfers are possible. I predict one at each: RB, TE, WR, DL, CB

With supposedly 5 being set aside for Walk-On/JUCOs, so seems like maybe 5 more transfers are possible. I predict one at each: RB, TE, WR, DL, CB
Yeah, but they also haven't announced if 4 guys are being subtracted. I think it was RG interview that we'd had 4 not enter the portal but hang up the cleats in exchange for an academic scholarship.

Back