What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 NCAA MARCH MADNESS GAMES THREAD

Purdue wasn't going anywhere because you don't advance in the tourney with subpar guard play, but I thought they'd lose Sunday to Memphis.

Eddy playing 1 v 5

Cuz he's a bum that can't shoot. Kind of puts a massive hole in your big man theory when the smallest team in 15 years beats the 7'4" "POY".
Eddy is big,
He isn't much else. It worked in the B1G where other teams tried to play him with other guys who were big but not that good.

He isn't a bum but if he isn't dominating inside with his size he is relatively ineffective. FDU took him out of the game and his teammates failed to step up and cover for him.

The NBA is going to expose him like an ASU co-ed at a stripper convention. Imagine him against Embiid, Giannis, or (LOL) the Joker.

B1G doing their annual collapse but again next year they will fill the brackets with B1G teams.

Meanwhile how much money did this game make the FDU coach. No way they can afford to keep him and bunches of power schools or upper level mid-majors will be lining up to hire the guy who beat a #1 seed with a #16 seed.

The Office Thats GIF

How overrated is the B1G?
So far in no particular order.
8 Maryland barely escaped 9 West Virginia 67-65. Next up they lose to Alabama 1
1 Purdue gone losing to 16 (and play in 16) Fairleigh Dickinson 63-58
7 Michigan State beat future B1G and overrated 11 USC 72-62. Next up 2 Marquette so likely out.
8 Iowa lost to 9 Auburn 83-75 gone.
4 Indiana "should" advance against 13 Kent State, one of those midwest smaller schools that the B1G usually fattens their OOC records against each year. Waiting is 5 Miami (Fl)
10 Penn State advances beating 7 Texas A&M, Next up 2 Texas.
9 Illinois lost to 8 Arkansas 73-63 out
7 Northwestern advanced against a weak Boise State team 75-67, 2 UCLA won't be as kind to them.
Seven teams in the tourney, three already gone and very likely another three gone before Monday.

Not inconsistent with their normal tourney performance.

Last edited:
Are you under the impression that Missouri is in the B1G?

How overrated is the B1G?
So far in no particular order.
8 Maryland barely escaped 9 West Virginia 67-65. Next up they lose to Alabama 1
7 Missouri beat mighty 10 Utah State, they lucked into getting 15 Princeton next who upset Arizona but then will get Baylor or Creighton.
1 Purdue gone losing to 16 (and play in 16) Fairleigh Dickinson 63-58
7 Michigan State beat future B1G and overrated 11 USC 72-62. Next up 2 Marquette so likely out.
8 Iowa lost to 9 Auburn 83-75 gone.
4 Indiana "should" advance against 13 Kent State, one of those midwest smaller schools that the B1G usually fattens their OOC records against each year. Waiting is 5 Miami (Fl)
10 Penn State advances beating 7 Texas A&M, Next up 2 Texas.
9 Illinois lost to 8 Arkansas 73-63 out
7 Northwestern advanced against a weak Boise State team 75-67, 2 UCLA won't be as kind to them.
Eight teams in the tourney, three already gone and very likely another three gone before Monday.

Not inconsistent with their normal tourney performance.

Mizzou is in the $ec

Loved the comments from Jay Bilas this morning. Other guys on set trying to make it about FDU's Cinderella Story.

He jumps in with: FDU lost 15 games this year, had 1 win against a Top 200 in KenPom vs St. Joe's, and were rated #275 themselves. So, yes, FDU was the better team last night... because Purdue sucked. Purdue sucked.

I just did 3 parlays ATS and points over betting against Maryland, Penn St, and Northwestern. That will keep me interested for a while.

I just did 3 parlays ATS and points over betting against Maryland, Penn St, and Northwestern. That will keep me interested for a while.
I was in a survivor's pool. Got knocked out with Virginia on Thursday. Bought back in yesterday and had to pick four winners. Had Xavier, Gonzaga, and K-State. The game I lost - Purdue 🤣

My brother and nephew also picked Purdue. Obviously, all three of us thought Purdue was dog sh*t. But not bad enough to lose to a 16.

Dennis Gates' Missouri team isn't sloppy and undisciplined like Arizona was. They should handle Princeton.

Duke should roll into the final 8. (Wrong again)

Last edited:
The ESPN guys thought this SDSU-Furman game would be one of the closest scores of the day. Aztec blowout. They look good.

Some radio idiots were talking a few days before the conference tournaments (cbs network iirc). They went back and forth about SDSU's struggles on the road particularly with scoring.

I'm a moron for believing them, had the Aztecs losing this game.

They do look pretty good, imo

Loved the comments from Jay Bilas this morning. Other guys on set trying to make it about FDU's Cinderella Story.

He jumps in with: FDU lost 15 games this year, had 1 win against a Top 200 in KenPom vs St. Joe's, and were rated #275 themselves. So, yes, FDU was the better team last night... because Purdue sucked. Purdue sucked.
Yeah, those kids don't deserve any credit - it was handed to them.

Yeah, those kids don't deserve any credit - it was handed to them.
It's tough. Because it doesn't sound sincere if I give those FDU guys all the credit in the world for seizing the opportunity, winning every loose ball, making more clutch shots, and frustrating Purdue in their normal sets (and I do)... because I also strongly believe that if Purdue had been playing with intensity in attack mode then it would not have mattered what FDU did since they would have been incapable of winning had Purdue matched their "want to".

Back