What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Recruit Profile Index & Recruiting News

I assume Nix returning had a lot to do with it.
It's not unusual for a 5* QB to compete for a job as a True Freshman and possibly sit, though. Malachi Nelson is right there with Moore in the QB rankings as a 5* and somehow Lincoln Riley has convinced him to come sit for a year behind Caleb Williams. I get it, though. Different people, desires, motivations, etc.

Looks explosive. How many WRs are they bringing in?
Including preps, my guess is at least 7. I think they want at least a dozen guys in that WR room. Possibility that we get there with some PWOs. (Speculating based on JSU - they had 15 plus Hunter. For comparison, CU had 14 this year so not anything crazy but I think we'll see quite a bit of turnover.)

I’ve never been a “singing day” or “recruit” guy, but how is this signing class any different than the 2/3 star classes we normally sign? Yeah, I get some of the linemen are 300 lbs, but I’m just not seeing the difference yet in what we normally get and what we’ve got now.

I’ve never been a “singing day” or “recruit” guy, but how is this signing class any different than the 2/3 star classes we normally sign? Yeah, I get some of the linemen are 300 lbs, but I’m just not seeing the difference yet in what we normally get and what we’ve got now.
Have you had a chance to look a P5 offers for this class versus prior?

Prime’s class average after 3 days: 87.19

Tucker’s class after over a year: 85.63

For context, Utah has been making rose bowls with averages around 87 and we’ve been sucking ass at 85.6 and below

There’s already a really big difference and we’re less than a week in. Even if it doesn’t improve and we flip the roster at the exact level of talent we’ve pulled in so far, then that’s a roster who can win 6-8 for sure

The transfer portal looks like it's starting to see a 2nd wave that could have more talent than the 1st. This year is crazy.

Good for us, though.

And the older I get the more I realize that success has a lot more to do with being fortunate with timing than I would have ever believed.

It's all coming together for the Buffs.

The transfer portal looks like it's starting to see a 2nd wave that could have more talent than the 1st. This year is crazy.

Good for us, though.

And the older I get the more I realize that success has a lot more to do with being fortunate with timing than I would have ever believed.

It's all coming together for the Buffs.
Thanks for the holiday cheer, b_walk.

New transfer target at WR:

Hillsdale College is a small, private school. (Really good one, too.)

Transfer offers from Miami, Baylor, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Wisconsin, Iowa, Houston, Oklahoma State, Iowa State

Claimed measurables in his Twitter profile: 6'4" 210 lbs, 41" vertical, 4.54 forty, 10'8" broad jump

Alright, it's been awhile since I cared, so can someone give me the key dates on the scholarship limits? We have to be at 85 before spring practices, right?

Alright, it's been awhile since I cared, so can someone give me the key dates on the scholarship limits? We have to be at 85 before spring practices, right?
You can never have more than 85 counters enrolled at any given time. For spring you count only those players that are enrolled, i.e. returning players, mid-year transfers, and high school/juco early enrollees. If you are not at or below (85-incoming) before June then you have to grayshirt enough incoming freshman to get to 85.

Back