What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Recruit Profile Index & Recruiting News

The article is pretty old by now, so it may not be accurate as to how many have signed elsewhere or will sign elsewhere. The major thrust of the article was that RG allegedly was telling recruits not to bail while the coaching search was going on with a promise that they'd still have a spot with whomever was ultimately hired. They were not saying they left because of Prime, but rather they were upset that they waited out the process only to be cut loose towards the end when they had fewer options to pursue. RG's quote in the article was mad squirrelly, so I have to assume there's some truth to what the old recruits are saying.
I'm almost certain that empty promises were made to keep the recruiting class together. What I wonder is why the **** they did that. Continued to host recruiting weekends, make offers and accept commitments as if getting the HC job was going to come with a stipulation that the new guy was going to accept that. If the folks at CU didn't realize that the type of HC we needed was going to do his own evaluations and not come in thinking that KD had stocked the cupboard, then I don't know what to say. And that makes me assume that it was an intentional, cold-blooded lie.

I'm almost certain that empty promises were made to keep the recruiting class together. What I wonder is why the **** they did that. Continued to host recruiting weekends, make offers and accept commitments as if getting the HC job was going to come with a stipulation that the new guy was going to accept that. If the folks at CU didn't realize that the type of HC we needed was going to do his own evaluations and not come in thinking that KD had stocked the cupboard, then I don't know what to say. And that makes me assume that it was an intentional, cold-blooded lie.
I think it was a resignation that he was going to strike out on real coaches and the best we were going to be able to do was hope that the KD class stayed.

More and more CFB is run like a business. My guess is, despite the crummy way it is to treat 18 yo's, they were doing it to establish a floor to recruiting. If the Bronco minivan rolled into town, most, if not all, of KD's recruiting floor would have stayed.

Prime rolled in and said, uh, we're going shopping.

RG was hedging his Prime bet and had Bronco lined up, who he knew would probably be OK with most of KD's class. RG isn't stupid. He fully understood the difference between Prime and Bronco and what was likely to happen in either scenario. Bronco would have kept the majority of KD's class. My question is how you can swing for Prime and have a polar opposite as a fall back

Welcome to big boy P5 football Mr. Buffnik.
I didn't say it was wrong outside of that I would think an assumption that a new HC would accept all players recruited without him was stupid (if that's what CU folks thought).

I didn't say it was wrong outside of that I would think an assumption that a new HC would accept all players recruited without him was stupid (if that's what CU folks thought).
I doubt they expected all of them, but wanted to let the new coach pick out the kids he wanted. Plus, very few coaches would've been able to salvage much of a class anyway. Prime is the unicorn.

The same CU folks harkening back to the events of the MikMac hire, iirc.

Signing day is tomorrow and I have some questions - sorry if these are already answered elsewhere, it's hard to keep up with the flood of CU news/rumors anymore:
1) Will there be a signing day press conference?
2) I assume Cormani officially signing tomorrow, are there other known/announced signees?
3) Are there expectations/hopes for other signees tomorrow? Any names that are still possible?

Signing day is tomorrow and I have some questions - sorry if these are already answered elsewhere, it's hard to keep up with the flood of CU news/rumors anymore:
2) I assume Cormani officially signing tomorrow, are there other known/announced signees?
3) Are there expectations/hopes for other signees tomorrow? Any names that are still possible?
Sunny, with a high near 40. West wind around 8 mph. Humidity in mid 50s

The only guy we know about is Cormani.

I suppose Harbor is one to watch which could be a major surprise still.

ESPN app pop up (normally I ****ing hate these things)

1675249464927.png

Commanding Season 3 GIF by American Gods

I can't find much after a quick search.

2023 CB who is committed to Hawaii but unsigned. Looks like we may be adding to our freshman class.

Measurables from hudl:

Bio​

God First

Athleticism​

40 YARD DASH​

SHUTTLE​

VERTICAL​

42"

BENCH​

100 METER DASH​

SQUAT (LBS)​

I can't find much after a quick search.

2023 CB who is committed to Hawaii but unsigned. Looks like we may be adding to our freshman class.

Measurables from hudl:

Bio​

God First

Athleticism​

40 YARD DASH​

SHUTTLE​

VERTICAL​

42"

BENCH​

100 METER DASH​

SQUAT (LBS)​

California kid who transferred to IMG for his senior year, but that's about all I can find. I did find it ironic a Hawaii fan was excited about his commit, saying "He's a CB who can tackle, not one who avoids contact like Deion Sanders".

Sorry in advance if this is already in some other thread- but looks like this WR committed (assume as a walk-on?) late last month.

Sorry in advance if this is already in some other thread- but looks like this WR committed (assume as a walk-on?) late last month.

Hudl page lists a 4.59 forty and, more importantly, a 3.91 shuttle. That projects him as a shifty guy from the slot and potential punt returner or gunner.

Back