What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Top 25 Watch

I’m just going off the first 4-5 games and their results. FSU has wins over LSU (even if overrated LSU), Clemson and another P5 program on the road. I know it wasn’t always pretty, but they’ve done what they needed to do, just like Georgia, but they’ve done it against far better competition.

I get the idea of style points and Washington and Michigan have both blown everyone out, but neither of them have played anyone worth a damn.

The winner of Oregon-Washington should vault into the top three IMO.

I'd go:

1. Texas
2. Florida State
3. Michigan
4. Oregon
5. Washington

I think that now that we're 4 or 5 weeks in, we can base things on what we've seen this year and throw out things like last year's performance and recruiting ranks of rosters.

Forget the specific teams/seeding, but how can anyone not think this is the best postseason format? Especially this year, I view pretty every single matchup, including the ones with the top 4 seeds as a complete toss up (except for the Oregon vs Fresno State game)

Forget the specific teams/seeding, but how can anyone not think this is the best postseason format? Especially this year, I view pretty every single matchup, including the ones with the top 4 seeds as a complete toss up (except for the Oregon vs Fresno State game)

Playoff will basically change 4 bowl games from being fun exhibitions/rewards into meaningful must-watch games.

I think it also improves the parity of the sport, which had gotten to the point where recruits felt like there were only about a half dozen programs to consider if they wanted a shot at the national championship.

Great change for college football.

I haven't had a chance to watch Pedo State this year... But are they really good enough that they could be listed as someone's #1 in a serious manner?

I haven't had a chance to watch Pedo State this year... But are they really good enough that they could be listed as someone's #1 in a serious manner?
Defense is elite. Offense needs to develop if they want to beat Michigan, but I think they'll handle Ohio State this year.

Buffs didn't get any votes in either poll. Fair. Only two 2-loss teams are ranked at this point and we don't have a win over anyone receiving votes.
Fair indeed. However, our only two losses are to top 10 teams. That should be worth one vote

Yeah, I could see us getting ranked with a big win over Stanford. The hype will be real big for the UCLA game, especially since that's when we're supposed to get Hunter back.

If we look like last night, or we lose, we will have to pull off a major upset before we get consideration again. But I don't know if we have a "major upset" type opponent remaining on the schedule.

Big 12 sucks. Two of those ranked teams will be in the SEC next season. 6 of the top 10 teams will be Big 10 next season.

1696798371087.png

Buffs didn't get any votes in either poll. Fair. Only two 2-loss teams are ranked at this point and we don't have a win over anyone receiving votes.
Big 12 sucks. Two of those ranked teams will be in the SEC next season. 6 of the top 10 teams will be Big 10 next season.

View attachment 65863

View attachment 65863
Thanks, gentlemen.

I believe USC is potentially going to get exposed with at least 3 losses coming up. OU/Texas definitely surprised me. A lot.

UGa, Mich, OSU, and PSU still completely untested.

I expect the 2nd half of this season to be a wild ride to say the least. What a way to finish off the 4 team playoff era.

IMG_0637.jpeg

The first playoff rankings are out.

IMG_0641.jpeg

I’m surprised they bumped OSU to #1, but it isn’t that controversial.

If the rest of the season goes chalk, the playoff will be:
  • OSU or Michigan
  • Georgia
  • Florida St
  • UW or Oregon

That would be fun to watch.

Back