What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Top 25 Watch

confused real life GIF

If CU keeps the no. 1 defense at there against the (majority) Nub no. 1 offense, and stop the junk time TD, do the buffs hit 15 on the AP?

The P12 is strong in FB. It is a testament to hubris and mismanagement that they ran that ship aground.
100%. It's ridiculous that conference fell apart.

If properly managed, there is every reason to think it should have been a Pac-16 right now with our 4-team fixed scheduling groups being: UO-OSU-UW-WSU, Cal-Stanford-USC-UCLA, UA-ASU-BYU-Utah, and CU-KU-OU-UT with the nation's biggest media deal.

100%. It's ridiculous that conference fell apart.

If properly managed, there is every reason to think it should have been a Pac-16 right now with our 4-team fixed scheduling groups being: UO-OSU-UW-WSU, Cal-Stanford-USC-UCLA, UA-ASU-BYU-Utah, and CU-KU-OU-UT with the nation's biggest media deal.
Biggest? No. But right in line with B1G/SEC

Biggest? No. But right in line with B1G/SEC
Idk. Owning Texas, the mountain time zone and the Pacific time zone is tough to beat. Sure it has no national champions recently (might be different though if this came to fruition) but overall quality of football top to bottom would be better than Big ten (and far more entertaining ) and at least equal to SEC.

They didn't watch :)

There're 3 factors here IMO

a) They don't care and just let someone else fill in the ballot for them.

b) Perception. Clemson has been very successful recently and won on the biggest stage, Duke just exists. Clemson just gets the benefit of the doubt, a phenomenon often seen with SEC teams when it comes to crucial decisions like playoff spots.

c) No coach is gonna sit down on Monday evening and think "GREAT! I can go and watch 2 teams that are totally not relevant to me (right now)!". If they're working they'll be doing something that helps them prepare for the next opponent ("Let's watch that game OC X called in 2021 to see if I'm onto something with my suspicion that he has that tendency!" or they'll be spending time with their kids or bang their wives. I think coaches can give you a great reflection on teams on their schedule, but otherwise I am not sure they have the time to care or need to care unless they have a personal interest.
We are starting to get the benefit of the doubt as well. Used to be we had to win like 4/5 games to get into the top 25. To be at 18 after the teams we just played is wild to me.

We opened on the road against a Top 20 team. That's one of the best wins anyone has had this year.
I fully get that. But I feel like in the past, with us starting at like 106, we may have got to “others receiving votes” and most people would have taken a wait-and-see approach while claiming TCU actually sucks.

Back