What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Top 25 Watch

I fully get that. But I feel like in the past, with us starting at like 106, we may have got to “others receiving votes” and most people would have taken a wait-and-see approach while claiming TCU actually sucks.

I agree, if we had the exact same results with a more conventional coach and didn't have that buzz we'd be on the cusp of the top 25.

Rankings are garbage until like 4-6 weeks into the season.

We opened on the road against a Top 20 team. That's one of the best wins anyone has had this year.

And on what basis was that team in the top 20? Benefit of the doubt based on performances that have no relevance anymore regarding the question at hand "How good is team X in 2023?".

100%. It's ridiculous that conference fell apart.

If properly managed, there is every reason to think it should have been a Pac-16 right now with our 4-team fixed scheduling groups being: UO-OSU-UW-WSU, Cal-Stanford-USC-UCLA, UA-ASU-BYU-Utah, and CU-KU-OU-UT with the nation's biggest media deal.
Despite the mismanagement, if the 12 would have stayed united, I think the Pac would’ve received a competitive TV deal. But as happens, it became every man for himself and screw the others.

CU checks in at #19 in both polls. Now 8 Pac 12 teams in the Top 25 in both polls. When ESPN gets off their ass and posts the AP poll, I'll screen shot both together.

1694976681508.png

Last edited:
AP writers couldn't wait to drop us lol. It really doesn't matter that much, especially this early, just ridiculous how most other ranked teams (ie Georgia, Texas) can struggle against an inferior opponent at one point in the first 3 weeks and not drop but we do.

AP writers couldn't wait to drop us lol. It really doesn't matter that much, especially this early, just ridiculous how most other ranked teams (ie Georgia, Texas) can struggle against an inferior opponent at one point in the first 3 weeks and not drop but we do.
Probably also has to do with Hunter being out.

Also going to be interesting to see when/if Utah plays at full strength. PAC-12 has very few gimmes this year.

CU checks in at #19 in both polls. Now 8 Pac 12 teams in the Top 25 in both polls. When ESPN gets off their ass and posts the AP poll, I'll screen shot both together.

View attachment 64917
AP drop seems fair. I assumed that’d happen. They didn’t like FSU, Bama either. And Tennessee fell off a cliff after that loss. How were still above Miami bottles my mind.

Just noticed that there are 4 teams with 1 loss which are ranked in the Top 25. All 4 are from the SEC. Almost feels like there's polling bias with that.
Also multiple undefeated unranked P5 teams as well. Shocker.

I’m about to leave for a long hike and won’t be able to update this thread until tonight.

UCLA (22) and Iowa (24) both lost. In the AP Poll, others receiving votes played out like this:

Clemson - lost
Mizzou - won unconvincingly
KSt - won unconvincingly
TCU - won, but shouldn’t be put in front of us

We may hang in the Top 25 by our fingertips, but it doesn’t really matter because next week’s USC game will be the decider for the next several weeks for the Buffs.

I’m about to leave for a long hike and won’t be able to update this thread until tonight.

UCLA (22) and Iowa (24) both lost. In the AP Poll, others receiving votes played out like this:

Clemson - lost
Mizzou - won unconvincingly
KSt - won unconvincingly
TCU - won, but shouldn’t be put in front of us

We may hang in the Top 25 by our fingertips, but it doesn’t really matter because next week’s USC game will be the decider for the next several weeks for the Buffs.
Nah, we gone out of the top 25, and rightfully so. That's ok, though.

After storming back against Top 10 USC, CU picks up a single vote in the AP Top 25.

6 teams from the Pac 12 ranked between 7-18. 2 down and 3 to go on our schedule as we miss Washington, unless we catch them in the Pac 12 Championship.

View attachment 65620
The two that stand out to me as the biggest outliers in the top 10 are PSU and.... Florida State?

the only way you could justify having Florida State ranked that highly is that you think LSU is a really good team, but I just am not super impressed with LSU this year. Penn State's defense absolutely DOMINATED Iowa's offense on a national stage, but Iowa's offense is terrible. Outside of that, I'm not sold on them either. I think both those teams ought to come in around the 10-15 range.

The only program in the top 5 with an easier schedule than Georgia so far is Michigan. Texas has the best win of any team in the country and another top 25 win. I think Ohio State has more of an argument than Michigan.

1. Texas
2. Ohio State
3. FSU
4. Georgia
5. Michigan

I don't see how Michigan can be #5. Honestly, FSU is the team that does not belong in that group IMO. Washington should be top five.

I don't see how Michigan can be #5. Honestly, FSU is the team that does not belong in that group IMO. Washington should be top five.
I’m just going off the first 4-5 games and their results. FSU has wins over LSU (even if overrated LSU), Clemson and another P5 program on the road. I know it wasn’t always pretty, but they’ve done what they needed to do, just like Georgia, but they’ve done it against far better competition.

I get the idea of style points and Washington and Michigan have both blown everyone out, but neither of them have played anyone worth a damn.

Back