What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 MBB Coaches Carousel

Swaim is wrong more than he's right. I'm now nervous Drew is staying at Baylor off of this alone.
This dude has done a better job of making a career off of one hit than anyone other than Rick Astley. It's almost impressive, he ate the whole wheel of cheese.

Haven't seen any smoke of Lloyd to Kentucky. I think it's more likely they go with a different Arizona coach in Sean Miller.

I can see that. If I had to bet on how their search goes......I think they wind up with Drew, but who knows. If they whiff there, I think Tommy Lloyd is probably the guy they can know they have if they want to go that way.

Donovan doesn't make any sense there. He'll probably wind up back in college-doesn't appear to be working with the Bulls. Just don't think its there. He'd have made a ton of sense at USC to me-very similar to Florida when he got that gig.
Having watched Tommy Lloyd for a while, he’s a really good recruiter but a B-game day coach. He would be a train wreck at Kentucky but so would most guys. I think Tommy will be fired at UofA within 3 years

Having watched Tommy Lloyd for a while, he’s a really good recruiter but a B-game day coach. He would be a train wreck at Kentucky but so would most guys. I think Tommy will be fired at UofA within 3 years
You think the school that has had 3 head coaches since 1983 is going to fire a coach that has won 82% of his games so far? That's a take.

Edit: 4 if you count the weird Kevin O'Neill thing. I kind of forgot that they named him the coach in waiting, and then he was gone and Lute abruptly retired.

You think the school that has had 3 head coaches since 1983 is going to fire a coach that has won 82% of his games so far? That's a take.

Edit: 4 if you count the weird Kevin O'Neill thing. I kind of forgot that they named him the coach in waiting, and then he was gone and Lute abruptly retired.
Watch Tommy's deer-in-headlights look while they are blowing 15 point leads. The Arizona brain trust down here think they are still a Lute-Era superpower when its clear that they are not....It will take a few years for things to fail.

Last edited:
Doesn't your first sentence also describe Calipari?

Doesn't your first sentence also describe Calipari?
Somewhat, yeah. But the AZ fan base is still smarting from the Sean Miller era and may have less patience than even KY has had.

There’s Nothing in this town except UA BB and if it goes south quickly the big donors (and they do have some) will get squirrelly in a heartbeat. Maybe already starting a little.

Analogy: Lute is Bill Mc, Miller is Barnett, and if Tommy turns into Mike Mac the natives will go nuts. I don’t care at all so to me it’s just an observational **** show, but I don’t hope for disaster for Tommy because he’s a Gonzaga guy, other than wishing for Tad to stomp them twice a year.

sc4ZZ08WZ7HQhyw8Tn3ugrwgQiarq4uJVovM8AeRQ1g.png

😆😂🤣

I checked out the UK Rivals message board. Full meltdown mode over there. I wish the guy well, but those insane fans are going to eat him alive (after they're done feasting on the corpse of their athletic director...) They started the day confident that they were going to snag Hurley from UConn with a $100MM offer..

Somewhat, yeah. But the AZ fan base is still smarting from the Sean Miller era and may have less patience than even KY has had.

There’s Nothing in this town except UA BB and if it goes south quickly the big donors (and they do have some) will get squirrelly in a heartbeat. Maybe already starting a little.

Analogy: Lute is Bill Mc, Miller is Barnett, and if Tommy turns into Mike Mac the natives will go nuts. I don’t care at all so to me it’s just an observational **** show, but I don’t hope for disaster for Tommy because he’s a Gonzaga guy, other than wishing for Tad to stomp them twice a year.
Lloyd has been to an elite 8 and sweet 16 at Arizona right?

Pope will be renting imo…he’ll just manage to lower the expectations for the next UK coach and make some good money doing that.

Mark Stoops is probably doing some power moves to get more $ into the football program too.

Pope will be renting imo…he’ll just manage to lower the expectations for the next UK coach and make some good money doing that.

Mark Stoops is probably doing some power moves to get more $ into the football program too.
I'm seeing 5 years, $5.5m.

Back