What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 MBB Coaches Carousel

Any smoke around USC and Niko Medved?
Not that I’ve seen. Muss, Pope and Hart are the big names. Supposedly USC wants to make a splash. Hiring Niko would be a smart move, not a splashy move, so USC shows no interest in that.

Not that I’ve seen. Muss, Pope and Hart are the big names. Supposedly USC wants to make a splash. Hiring Niko would be a smart move, not a splashy move, so USC shows no interest in that.
Muss to USC. Nico to Arkansas. That is my Bingo card, fwiw.

How is SMU a better spot for a basketball HC than USC? I am not being sarcastic, seriously seems like he downgraded his coaching location.
NIL $$$.

Secondly, he was verging on hot seat at USC so this gives him a reset and allows him to stay with a major program without getting fired.

Finally, I can see SMU competing in the ACC. I can't see USC competing in the B1G.

Is there a WBB coaching carousel thread?

I saw that Tennessee fired their coach; what a tough gig. She won 108 games in 5 years (including the '20-'21 season when they only played 25 games), had a top 25 end of season ranking in every season except her fist, and took the team to two S16 (always made it out of the first round).

You could point to the fact that they haven't won the SEC regular season or tournament since she's been there, but they've finished 3rd in the last three seasons to two teams that each have a natty in that time span, and might add another this year.

I know "the standard is the standard," but if that's the standard, what coach is going to take it on knowing that the above isn't good enough?

Is there a WBB coaching carousel thread?

I saw that Tennessee fired their coach; what a tough gig. She won 108 games in 5 years (including the '20-'21 season when they only played 25 games), had a top 25 end of season ranking in every season except her fist, and took the team to two S16 (always made it out of the first round).

You could point to the fact that they haven't won the SEC regular season or tournament since she's been there, but they've finished 3rd in the last three seasons to two teams that each have a natty in that time span, and might add another this year.

I know "the standard is the standard," but if that's the standard, what coach is going to take it on knowing that the above isn't good enough?
Pat Summitt clone is the only acceptable coach there, apparently.

I've never been to Pullman, but Bozeman is a great town. Stay in that town and keep winning and then move to a school that actually know what their future holds unlike Wazzu? Sounds like an easy choice.
I almost feel bad for the Cougs

Back